Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

REQ: Old Grey Whistle Test Video
Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 5, 2008 23:58

I am compiling all of the OGWT Stones appearances onto DVD.

I am having trouble with three of them:

20 September 1971
Bitch/Brown Sugar from Marquee Club 26 March. BUT listed as different versions than televised.??? Are these the rehearsal versions?? I believe this is their first 'appearance' on OGWT.

02 October 1973
Interview with Mick, Munich 28 Sept.
and two GHS promo films.

I have two copies of this, both in less than VG+ quality. The better of the two looks to be a videotape of a television screen broadcasting the interview. (Mick in striped suit, big round sunglasses, seated at a table with Bob Harris).

Anyone have a clean copy of this or know where it can be found. I'm most concerned with getting the interview.

May 1975
Interview with Bill Wyman

I have the 74 interview with him for the release of Monkey grip. (Bill is wearing that classic goat's head sweater). I am assuming this is a different interview.

Any leads/help on these would be great. I have all of the other appearances.

J

Re: REQ: Old Grey Whistle Test Video
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 6, 2008 08:13

>I have the 74 interview with him for the release of Monkey grip. (Bill is wearing that classic goat's head sweater). Any leads/help on these would be great.

I'd settle for one of those GHS sweaters! Is that the same as the one Charlie is wearing in the First 20 Years book? I presume it must be. (apologies for the unhelpful post btw)

Re: REQ: Old Grey Whistle Test Video
Posted by: mikey ()
Date: May 6, 2008 10:53

The Marquee '71 gig was never televised by the BBC, their OGWT debut was performances of "Wild Horses" and "Bitch" which were filmed at the same time as "Brown Sugar: which appeared on Top of the Pops.

Both "Bitch" and "Wild Horses" fall into the missing believed wiped category as much of the first season of OGWT was wiped.

The reason for the BBC's embargo on the broadcast of the Marquee gig was apparently the somewhat raddled state of Keith who had been up for several days and nights on the trot and was consequently unshaven and a little bit too other for the deliacte sensibilities of BBC executives - what a dull lot they were/ are.

The only copy of the Munich '73 interview with Mick that I have encountered is the one on the 2 DVD set The BBC Tapes 1972-78, misleading title to say the least.

I can perhaps help you with the Marquee gig as I have a copy better than currently available on the well known bootlegs but perhaps if you e-mail me direct I can give you one or two leads which might help with the rest of your enquiry.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home