Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cmon Rapidshareangry smileythumbs down
Posted by: Aireman ()
Date: May 3, 2008 15:39

It sucks I know im not a preimiem account but what the hell
I used to love the site because it was fast but now non paying accounts cant even get in .

Re: Cmon Rapidshareangry smileythumbs down
Posted by: black limousine ()
Date: May 3, 2008 17:34

I agree, I never loved it !moody smiley

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 3, 2008 21:20

If you upload some stuff, then you can get a free premium account, assuming that people download it.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 3, 2008 22:19

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-22 20:16 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 4, 2008 09:21

I have a rapid account, it's the only one I bother with. I've tried mega, giga, sendspace, & rapid is simply the best. Even filemojo is having a hard time @ the moment due to it's unforseen populatity.

Spend some money, get a 6 month account, & the whole net is open to you, & with rapid, no ads, no pop-ups.

As the saying goes, you pay peanuts - you get monkeys. All these sites are first & foremost - BUSINESSES, they HAVE to make money to survive. Some do it well, like rapid, some are pathetic, like giga, but the bottom line is they have to have revenue. You wouldn't work for free, so why should they. They don't HAVE to provide a free service that is comparable to the premium one.

If you don't like a specific site, fair enough, keep away from it, go somewhere else...

Posted by: Ludwig8745 ()
Date: May 4, 2008 15:22

vox12string
I have a rapid account, it's the only one I bother with. I've tried mega, giga, sendspace, & rapid is simply the best. Even filemojo is having a hard time @ the moment due to it's unforseen populatity.

Spend some money, get a 6 month account, & the whole net is open to you, & with rapid, no ads, no pop-ups.

As the saying goes, you pay peanuts - you get monkeys. All these sites are first & foremost - BUSINESSES, they HAVE to make money to survive. Some do it well, like rapid, some are pathetic, like giga, but the bottom line is they have to have revenue. You wouldn't work for free, so why should they. They don't HAVE to provide a free service that is comparable to the premium one.

If you don't like a specific site, fair enough, keep away from it, go somewhere else...

Nothing to add here. Totally agree.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 4, 2008 17:11

I have to agree with paying for Rapidshare. I used to do the free DL thing with Rapid and got frustrated as hell. I bought a three month subscription, DL'd a number of things within the first week and realized the service had paid for itself within a few DL's. Considering how much Rapidshare is used across the 'Net, it's simply worth it. My only problem with it is the limitation on file sizes regarding uploading.

If you don't want to pay for the Rapidshare, I suggest doing a web search on ways to deal with Rapidshare and other file storage sites. Where there's a will there's a way.

Posted by: Aireman ()
Date: May 4, 2008 20:42

Well Done

You guys on here always "The Voice of Reason" and yea I do agree About not working for free Y should they

so no whing about it anymore from me

Posted by: RichardHurrah ()
Date: May 5, 2008 02:47

I have a small problem here... I have a RapidShare and a GigaSize account and I'm thinking that I'm paying 2 companies to get "free" stuffs... It's a bit weird (yeah I know, they're handeling the infrastructure, the bandwith and so on... and they're making loads of money with us sharing people).
I mean bittorent is completely free if you play the game and is probably the best way to share. I think these hosting sites are made for people that want to get stuffs without giving anything... like me sometimes but then why bother to give a few euros/dollars... even if I'd prefer to give that money to the people who share instead of the people who host.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 5, 2008 06:12

Good point, Richard, & by a coincidence I was talking about the 'free' nature of the net to Mrs Vox just this weekend until she asked me how much I'd paid for the external harddrive I bought last thursday (it was $150), how much was my monthly ISP charge, even the phone costs are in there. At this point I shut up.
There's costs all over the place whether they're up front like a file-hosts charge, or hidden like 'I really need a new 19" monitor for the 2nd computor but I'll wait a couple of months until they're down to $200, but there's one on sale for $205 so maybe I should get it now, but I've just spent $150 on a HD & Mrs V will not like that at all.....'

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 5, 2008 14:25

TBH I've spend about 70 GBP since Christmas on Rapidshare, Megaupload and Gigashite, but for the amount of stuff I've downloaded I believe it to be money well spent.

Now I am trying to give something back by uploading stuff for you guys.

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: May 5, 2008 18:07

I use to be a Gigasucks premium user... then they delete all my files, without any explanation... then i become in an Rapidshare premium user and i able to downlod a lot of stuff over the net, due to mostly of the users around the world looks like prefer to upload in Rapidshare, i'm a very happy member!!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 5, 2008 23:39

I have to thoroughly agree and support the purchasing of an account on these sites, especially RapidShare.

True many of us are on a tight budget, but the value of what you get FAR outweighs the cost. Even a 3-month 'subscription' can easily be made up in less than 2 hours.

You SAVE money by spending a little.

J

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home