Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Auburn poster 69
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: April 8, 2008 16:03

Didn't know about this poster.
That's all we have of Auburn.

[www.pbs.org]

Re: Auburn poster 69
Posted by: stones69 ()
Date: April 8, 2008 17:02

I'd love to have any original tour poster from the '69 NA tour. If it is indeed an original, then that guy is damn lucky.

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: April 8, 2008 23:31

i have one from altamont!

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: April 9, 2008 01:09

I can't say if it's original. Strange that in Auburn they used something different from the usual 69 Satanic Tour poster.
Anyway, it's the only fragment I found of Auburn stating that the shows were two and it's interesting in the interview that also in Auburn thare was a delay and at 9,30 The Stones were starting the first show.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 9, 2008 01:14

It's a nice poster, never seen it before. Would never have sold it if I had it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-09 01:16 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: stones69 ()
Date: April 9, 2008 18:13

I would never sell it either; just put it in frame, hang it and admire it.

As for it being different than the regular 69 tour posters - I think back then that the local promoters would sometimes have these printed up locally to promote the show around town.

Also back then, concerts weren't run like today's shows and it probably didn't bother the Stones much if they were a few hours late.

Posted by: kennydice58 ()
Date: April 11, 2008 01:01

i have the poster from the 73 tour show that did not go ahead at cardiff and pembroke castle on sat 22nd sept 1973 the one with the welsh dragon with the stones tongue logo with the castle in backgound in excellent condition any idea of how much this would be worth cheers kennydice

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 19, 2008 20:17

5 string (who posts on Tell Me) went to both shows at Auburn.

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: April 20, 2008 03:03

BTW...this was the last segregated show the Stones ever played.

Posted by: 5string ()
Date: April 20, 2008 04:45

segregated hell!

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: April 20, 2008 23:30

5string
segregated hell!

You were there so I'll have to defer to you. But I've read in a couple books (Old Gods Almost Dead being one) that the Auburn shows were segregated.

Was Auburn where the band was late because of a storm flying in from Atlanta? And didn't Keith do an extended long intro of HTW (like 2 minutes)?

Here's a link for a pic taken by Ethan Russell at Auburn '69. Thought you might enjoy it (bring back some memories).

[www.sfae.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-21 00:01 by StonesBlake.

Posted by: 5string ()
Date: April 21, 2008 12:25

To StonesBlake---I attended UGA and at that time we had lots of black students. I'm sure Auburn had integrated years before 69. No way blacks were excluded during that time of civil rights activism. However-- I have no memory of blacks around me. Sorry for my original terse response, but I just can't believe segregation was the case at Auburn. I do know they let Chuck Berry in!! And as always--I could be wrong. Cheers!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home