Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My first post! Between a Rock and a Hard place literrally!
Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: January 1, 2008 22:02

I've only recently discovered all of the great old Stones shows on boot dvd's and got a couple "you know where"! The only problem is that to build a collection of the old shows one has to aquire the dvd's through trades. So, if I don't have any to trade and only rarely win one that slips by the censors "you know where". How the H--l am I supposed to build a collection like this? Can I trade an old pair of sneakers for a dvd that I can't live without? I'm sure that being a newbie here I'm fixing to get hammered by you Vet's. I'm 57 years old and time ain't on my side! I know of a couple of places that I can actually purchase the dvd's that I want but I'm skeptical of them since both are overseas. Sure can't leave those guy's bad feedback should they rip me. Take it easy on me until i learn the ropes here guy's.

Re: My first post! Between a Rock and a Hard place literrally!
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: January 5, 2008 13:12

Don't know what advise really, ebay usually has some halfway decent stuff, check out the sellers feedback.
Trading can be fun ,there is usually something ,someone will not have and be willing to trade for .
I bought lots of stuff off ebay over the years and most of it is worth having and buying from "overseas " as you put ,it is no different really just the shipping has to be taken into account.
I have bought stuff from
USA
Canada
Mexico
Brazil
Argentina
Iceland
Australia
Japan
China
and many more too many to mention
I have also traded with people all over Europe and America
Hope this is some use to you.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 5, 2008 18:50

Wow, I'm not the only 57 year old on the forum! (I'm turning 58 in Feb, tho)

How about torrenting, this assumes you have a decent speed, but there's dvds show up consistently, in fact The Marquee '71 is up here even as we speak, & that's a straight d/l.

The other way is to get onto a 'tree', you get a copy from someone higher up, you make 3 copies (typically) & send them on.

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: January 6, 2008 08:32

wish i was 57 again, im 65 in march.

Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: January 12, 2008 23:24

I'll be 58 as well on Feb 5Th. I"m not into the downloading thing, my computer probably isn't up to it. Never done it anyway and wouldn't know how to go about to be honest with you. I would rather have a good quality hard copy of the DVD's with nice art work.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: January 15, 2008 03:56

1.) Look for record collector shows in larger cities. You will find TONS of Videos for sale at these types of events.
2.) Visit the vinyl, collectible records stores in your area.
3.) Visit the better, bigger, flea Markets
4.) Pick up copies of record collecting magazines (i.e. Goldmine) at your local bookstore. These magazines are chock full of this kind of stuff.
5.) When all of these fail and you have to have a certain item or you will die, bite the bullet and serch the INTERNET, INTERNET, INTERNET

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1348
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home