Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: POST: BIG @#$%& Blues (2 DVD 4Reel Version)
Posted by: TooMuchAlcohol ()
Date: September 20, 2007 12:55

Original 4REEL release is dual layer (=DVD-9) disc, not 2DVD set like this. This is taken from original 4REEL disc, but modified by someone who splitted the disc into two separate DVD5 discs.

Posted by: Bierzo ()
Date: September 24, 2007 07:41

Ludwig, please can you reupload the part "Australian Tour Documentary 1973" the file seems to be corrupted. I would be very thankful for that. Thanks in advance

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 24, 2007 11:12

Hi Ludwig,

actually...all the files have 0B size - (have they been deleted?). Would you please upload it again? Or is it just my probelm?

Thanx

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: September 24, 2007 11:24

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-20 20:20 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 24, 2007 14:06

Hi Ludwig, is it too much to ask you to upload Charlie is my darling when you have time, of course? My DVD went broken.

Posted by: Ludwig8745 ()
Date: September 24, 2007 14:22

Happy24 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Ludwig,
>
> actually...all the files have 0B size - (have they
> been deleted?). Would you please upload it again?
> Or is it just my probelm?
>
> Thanx

The files are still there. The "0 Kb" infromation doesn_t mean anything. Just download them. They are still available.

Date: September 24, 2007 14:30

Thank you Ludwig, I'll do that.

Date: September 24, 2007 14:33

straycat58 Wrote:
> Hi Ludwig, is it too much to ask you to upload
> Charlie is my darling when you have time, of
> course? My DVD went broken.

No. I can do that. But first I have to find another server where I can upload my files as gigasize sucked big time.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 24, 2007 14:43

very kind of you; thanks in advance.

Posted by: bass ()
Date: September 24, 2007 16:17

Ludwig, I can repost this on Megaupload or Rapidshare if it makes life easier for you, it would be my pleasure smiling smiley .... Let me know...

Date: September 24, 2007 16:27

Ludwig, everything is fine with the files, except the part I´m asking you to reupload wich is "Australian Tour Documentary 1973". Please it´s just that part what I need. Would you be so kind? I will always thank to you!

Date: September 24, 2007 16:32

bass Wrote:
> Ludwig, I can repost this on Megaupload or
> Rapidshare if it makes life easier for you, it
> would be my pleasure smiling smiley .... Let me know...

Thank you very much for this generous offer. But I'm going to repost all deleted files on rapidshare.

Date: September 24, 2007 16:38

Bierzo Wrote:
> Ludwig, everything is fine with the files, except
> the part I´m asking you to reupload wich is
> "Australian Tour Documentary 1973". Please it´s
> just that part what I need. Would you be so kind?
> I will always thank to you!

Hi Bierzo!

I just checked all files of this posting. All are still available on the gigasize server including the "Australian Tour Documentary". What seems to be the problem?

Date: September 24, 2007 18:29

Hi Ludwig. Thing is that the download stops at the middle and it seems to go on but nothing happens, I tried twice, and one of the times the download remains during all night long in this status means doing nothing. The rest of the files were perfect. Thank you kindly

Date: September 25, 2007 21:48

Hi Ludwig, Sorry for that but are you intending to repost "Australian Tour documentary"? It would be great! If you can do that tell me then I must try to ask "bass" who offer you to re upload it in Rapidshare or megaupload. Thanks in advance and very sorry for any inconvenience.

Date: September 25, 2007 23:00

Bierzo Wrote:
> Hi Ludwig, Sorry for that but are you intending to
> repost "Australian Tour documentary"? It would be
> great! If you can do that tell me then I must try
> to ask "bass" who offer you to re upload it in
> Rapidshare or megaupload. Thanks in advance and
> very sorry for any inconvenience.

I might do that. But first I have to repost all files which have been deleted by gigasize.

Did you ever try a free download manager for downloading large files? I recommend this one: [www.freedownloadmanager.org]

Date: September 25, 2007 23:49

Perfect Ludwig I´ll wait all the time you need. Let me know when the file is reuploaded. Thank you!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: October 1, 2007 00:42

"With all the versions of this floating around out there,we decided to put out the best possible version we could find
and here it is!
The video and the audio were re-mastered entirely along with all the bonus material making this THE definitive version."

Sadly, 4REEL _really_ can't say this.

As I just copied this for a fellow collector, I noticed at the end of the film 4REEL decided to edit at least 2 MINUTES (!!!) of footage between when the Stones leave the stage after SFM and the final credits, which get edited in over the band leaving the stage. Unsure if they cut anything else out of the film or not.

Also, the final credits they use are QUITE a few generations down from other versions I've seen.

4REEL stuff is usually excellent, but this, as beautiful a package and as great as the bonus stuff is, simply is not near the "definitive" version it claims to be.

J

Date: October 1, 2007 09:52

Hi Jmarko,

from your post I understand that you have seen other versions of CS. I downloaded this 4REEL version and it is the only one I have seen. I am just curious - does it exist in better picture quality? I have the Ladies and Gentlemen movie (from UrbanSteel) from the same year and its picture and sound quiality is much much better. So shall I seek another version or is it just as good as any other version (not speaking about the cut-out pieces you wrote about) Anyway - it is a nice rarity.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 1, 2007 10:36

THere is a version of CS Blues circulating, that's superior to all "commercial bootlegs".
Unfortunately I never came by it....I haven't bothered to search around either, but some people on IORR has it.

Date: October 1, 2007 10:58

Thanks Erik

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: October 2, 2007 01:03

I have one other version, without the edit, that seems to be slightly better quality.

It simply has the blue background menu with one yellow bar across the top that say:

1 L 3 5/ 2/2006 4:56PM

And @#$%& Blues in the title bar in the upper left corner.

Not sure which 'version' this is.

J

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 2, 2007 01:10

I also have the unedited version, but it's just about the same quality as BigCSBlues.
Idol Mind Production - the CD boot label - released their @#$%& Blues DVD 1-2 months ago. Still haven't heard any reviews of it.
Has somebody seen this IMP version ? I find it strange for them to release a DVD unless it was a real upgrade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-02 01:54 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: EdiSchwager ()
Date: December 15, 2007 17:47

The files seem to be deleted. Any chance for a gigasize reupload? Love Edi

Posted by: mikey ()
Date: December 16, 2007 15:41

I really have to agree with MARKO on this one. In fact he's the only other guy I've come across on this forum that's actually twigged that not only is the 4REELS version not what it's made out to be in terms of quality but that it has suffered this ridiculous edit plus the horribly degraded credits at the end.

What makes 4REELS version desirable is the extras, particularly the Saville Theatre 69 which is, in terms of quality, superb plus having extra footage from another source spliced in.

But their C.S. Blues sucks, too much tweaked contrast so that a lot of detail is lost and the missing footage at the end makes it less than convincing as a contender.

Previous versions have included the Old Bastards version, which until fairly recently was the best version out there in bootleg land (still with a distinct blue hue on most of the monochrome sequences) and was basically a copy of a no frills "Brazilian" silver DVD that appeared several years ago.
Then there was the WOW copy which again was a copy of a DVDR that came out on the GlimTwins label, colour nice and rich but horizontal ghosting and the same blue bias.

The IMP release is basically the same as the OLD BASTARDS version same blue bias, same grainy feel and same sound. But with annoying Japanese subtitles which on my player at least seem determined to remain on display.

The best version - by far - is one that came into circulation via a colector of film esoterica and seems to be taken from the same source as the 4REELS version but a much better copy, whether this is because this version is clean (insofar as it hasn't been tampered with or generally ff'ed around as with 4REELS) or just simply that it's taken from a much better copy is debatable but this version is complete and comes with obvious markers indicating that it was copied from a three reel print of the film and (like the 4REELS) version comes with several scenes that aren't in other versions including Mick + coke on a blade. The sound is a lot better too and you can begin to make out a lot of dialogue which is pretty much indecipherable on other versions. This version was good enough to be sourced by Channel 4 for a recent "Wild Men of Rock" broadcast.

So yes there are definitely better versions than the 4REELS version out there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-16 15:44 by mikey.

Date: February 25, 2008 21:47

Post updated: files reposted on rapidshare.

Posted by: turnersmemo ()
Date: February 27, 2008 12:44

>grinning smiley<Thanks very much Ludwig8745! >grinning smiley<
Great stuff.

Date: July 1, 2008 21:03

Post updated: 2 DVD set uploaded.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 30, 2009 00:04

thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-30 00:06 by dcba.

Re: POST: BIG C o c k sucker Blues (2 DVD 4Reel Version)
Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: October 19, 2009 01:33

HiLudwig,
After downloading the 2 discs I noticed that on the second disc the song "Oh Carol" has no sound from middle to the end of the song.

Is this normal. Thanks.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1408
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home