Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Apology
Posted by: johnnybmoto ()
Date: November 18, 2006 00:28

Hey I just wanted to apologize for trying to sell those cds and I realize i was wrong and wanted to appologize

Re: Apology
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: November 18, 2006 00:49

I most have missed that post........is there a rule against selling things here?

Date: November 18, 2006 00:56

I didnt think so but everyone was getting mad at me because I was trying to sell a couple of CD's to get a little extra money to see the stones if they come around again

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: November 18, 2006 01:11

OK, I realize why this didn't go over too well. No need to apologize, but I hope you learned a valuable lesson.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: November 18, 2006 01:13

it's all good johnny boy, your new here and didn't know any better.

Selling things here is fine, it's just that many may take offense at trying to sell shows that have been posted here for free recently.

Date: November 18, 2006 01:29

I feel kind of stupid because I bought these shows off of E-bay and now I realise that I could of got them here for free

Posted by: malja316 ()
Date: November 18, 2006 01:37

JohnnyB!

You are a better man for coming on here and apologizing! That takes some real balls, dude! 2 Thumbs up....

Selling stuff on here is all well and good, but its better if you have like original factory pressed cd's of shows rather than CDR's....

If you have a fast internet connection, you should DEFINITELY try and get an account on dimeadozen.org. You will never ever have to buy another CDR boot again!!! DVD boots, well, that takes some time and patience, but audio boots, my god dude, there is so many Stones boots on there its not even funny!!! I cannot tell you how big of a Stones CDR collection I have because of that site! Keep trying to get an account on there and I promise you, you will have so many Stones boots it will make your head spin!

You can also download boots from rocksoff.org via their bitorrent tracker, but that is hit or miss...sometimes you get seeders, sometimes you dont....dimeadozen is the more reliable tracker....

Just some friendly advice to build up a Stones CDR collection if that is your thing.....Of course, if you like mp3's, the "hot stuff" spot on IORR is great for that also....but if you want top quality sound with no audio loss, check out dime and rocksoff...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-18 01:38 by malja316.

Date: November 18, 2006 02:46

not along ago a bunch of people were defending some guy for trying to sell some cd's........I'm quite confused.......I do sorta understand if they were only copies but ya know, nobody has to buy them.....

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: November 18, 2006 02:50

bootleggers can be a testy bunch

Many strongly believe that boots should remain free for all and seeing profit for them can anger some. Not me really, but free is good.

Before I found this site I had bought a couple of boots off ebay, but now I know better....live and learn

Date: November 18, 2006 03:22

I think bootlegs should be free too.........but I'm not going to get pissed off at somebody that wants to sell them. I've bought them before myself but obviously I'd rather trade for them if I could. Ah.....I didn't see the original thread so I'ma stop talkin about it.......I just don't really see what the fuss is about......it wasn't that long ago that a punch of posters here vehemently defended some guy that was selling cd's.....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 18, 2006 05:32

Nice that you apologized, johnnybmoto.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 18, 2006 11:23

yeah, the apology is fittin, especially if it's accompanied by actual regret and improvement.
it kind of bothers me that you're still claiming (here and on shidoobee) that you bought the things you were offering for sale
(hadn't you just thanked someone for posting the Oakland show that you offered to sell, or was that some other johnnybmoto?)
but hey ... apologising is a step forward - bravo

>> I just don't really see what the fuss is about <<

just for clarity: offering stuff for sale is one thing;
offering stuff for sale that one has acquired for free, at the same time as one is requesting *more* freebies,
is something else again (at least in some people's perceptions)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-18 13:17 by with sssoul.

Date: November 18, 2006 18:12

yeah it is.........well like I said.....I didn't see the original post and don't know all the details so I'ma stop commenting about it......there's probably something I'm missing here.......but I still....you don't have to buy what the man's selling.......I mean somebody could offer to sell their toenail clippings but nobody has to buy them......but I do get your point...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1669
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home