Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

for the "Bang in Melbourne" DVD ring this number ..... and my review
Posted by: mm54321 ()
Date: July 14, 2006 15:03

Hi IORR's

I got the "Bang in Melbourne" DVD from a guy last sunday (sorry it's just to big for me to seed on my isp connection) and I can't trade for a few weeks,
this guy does not have the internet but has copies with covers available for a quite reasonable fee that's if you can't wait for it to reach trading circles.

I told him there were people really wanting to see this and he said he'd help I myself was happy to pay as it's a fantastic 2 cam DVD and below is a quick review I just typed of my impressions after watching it 4 or 5 times (it's that sort of disc !!!)

" it's only fitting the worlds greatest rock band should have one of the best ever aud-camera DVD's "

DVD 720X480 NTSC audio is AC-3 256 4.33 gig (2 cam with seperate audience audio)

in a word it's ....... sensational !! ........... the best aud-camera I've ever seen .......... but I haven't seen all of the Stones aud-cam videos of the 2005/2006 but it's better than Hartford 2005, Radio City Music Hall 2006 I have another aud camera from USA 2005 but I forget which as I usually only watch them (aud-cameras) once rarely twice and better than any other 2 cam-DVD (I'm thinking of Jeff Beck London 2004 it's better than that)

Like it was described the main camera gets 60% or 70% the one further back get's more it starts with some footage outside Rod Laver Arena and then the camera is on for the start of the pre show video and it takes most of it to get the stage framed and is done just in time for the Stones arrival.

For the first few songs it's either one camera or the other the editing starts off slow (using just the main camera) a couple of minor video pauses syncing the audio (audience sourced) and the video during the start of "Satisfaction" then during "She's so Cold / Oh no not you again" it switches to the 2nd camera comes back to the main camera near the end for "Sway/Worried About you" (which are simply incredible !!!!), then the 2nd camera only for "Ain't to proud to beg" ...... but from "Tumbling Dice" on the editing is amazing whoever <pigeon> is deserves an award as they go with the flow of music and switch from camera to camera to suit the music.

"Happy" is mostly the 2nd camera same with "Rough Justice" after that it's ok and yes it captures "Brown Sugar" and the main camera happens to be on Keith when he realises something is wrong !!!!! ......... a classic moment.

The main camera is amazing the taper is able to follow whoever on stage as they move around except if they go over to the left side they don't get anything (obstruction ??) and instead points it at either Keith or Ronnie !

the 2nd camera further back does not zoom in enough it seems as if the taper can't access the viewfinder and is playing it safe just pointing in the general direction as the camera is sometimes off centre or slightly upward ........ but ..... somehow this only seems to add to the tension/excitement, as the audio is constant no matter which camera is being used.

It has a simple menu (select either concert or News Reports) each song has a chapter point the cover is the same as the JPG linked to the VCD of Tumbling Dice on Mininova.

One news report the blonde newsreader calls them 'The Rolling Stones Band' and names one of their hits as " Started me up " :-)

In my opinion this is destined to be a classic and sets a new standard in aud-cam DVDs, I will be interested to know if others think the same once they've seen it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-27 10:11 by mm54321.

Re: for the "Bang in Melbourne" DVD ring this number ..... and my review
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: July 15, 2006 03:30

just called him

$35 money order

is it worth the $$$$

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 15, 2006 06:39

I'm going to buy the dvd later this afternoon, guy only lives about an hour away. Maybe we could trade when I get it Deathgod?

Date: July 15, 2006 07:13

yer no probs
i got a heap of stuff here you may like

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 11:05

vox12string Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm going to buy the dvd later this afternoon, guy
> only lives about an hour away. Maybe we could
> trade when I get it Deathgod?

I'm interested in this stuff, can you help me?
Below my trade list
Thanks
[www.geocities.com]

Date: July 15, 2006 11:21

Won't happen till tommorrow, fingers crossed

Date: July 15, 2006 11:26

your email still that yahoo one

Date: July 15, 2006 12:14

Yup, Deathgod

Posted by: mm54321 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 14:55

Deathgod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just called him
>
> $35 money order
>
> is it worth the $$$$

Hi

at the RF it cost AU $30 (maybe yours included the postage) according to currency converter thats US $22.55 not exactly cheap ........ but the concert tickets weren't cheap either ....... it must be a stones thing these high prices !!!

After I had watched it 2 times I had forgotten how much I'd paid and no I won't be asking for a refund the more I watch it I'm convinced for an aud-cam it sets a new standard and also the "Brown Sugar" incident it will be much talked about, you know I think the internet has spoiled us into thinking we can get it now for free just because we want it rather than in the near future .... if you know what I mean ;-)

I've got discs where the traders dub onto stand alone recorders recording DVD's in real time and losing a little quality and all the chapter points for this I did not want that to happen as soon as I saw it I grabbed it, if your a patient person just wait and trade or untill it's uploaded somewhere.

Date: July 16, 2006 03:22

yer im hanging to see it
was by far the best Stones show i have seen
Sway and Worried About You were fantastic

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: July 16, 2006 15:06

They told me they will all be shipped at the same time two weeks from now...

Posted by: aimz ()
Date: July 16, 2006 16:36

fantastic!!
will give him a call very soon!!
cant wait!

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: July 19, 2006 10:02

Vox my man I read that you're not too impressed with this dvd?
I understand you think it's sub par for a money job?

Would you suggest giving Eleanor Rigby's version a go instead?
Does anyone else know whether the Euro one advertised by E Rigby is the same as the Oz release?
Why am I asking so many questions?

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home