Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

my remaster of Gimme Shelter - Brussels
Posted by: gdgbd ()
Date: July 5, 2006 07:39

Hi - just to get familiar with posting a yousendit link - heres my own "home studio" attempt at remastering Gimme Shelter from the 1973 Brussels show. I know this is a very common recording (don't shoot me), but the remaster aims to lift the guitars, fill out the bass and snare, and add a bit of fairy dust.

[www.yousendit.com]

Re: my remaster of Gimme Shelter - Brussels
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: July 5, 2006 09:10

GOOD WORK..i'm intresting of washing sound,,,

so post this in 320 kb.if you want ?

Date: July 5, 2006 09:23

and tell us what you did ,to remaster,,

Date: July 5, 2006 09:54

Took an mp3 to start with off limewire, loaded into Cakewalk Sonar, applied equalisation then some mastering software called ozone - this lets you apply compression to different parts of the audio sprectrum - particularly helps lift the bass drum and bass, zoom in to specific frequencies to boost, add space and artificial frequencies (using an "exciter") and reverb.

Unfortunaltely the original MP3 was not high resolution, 128bps I think. Would be better to work off wave files as a source, but I don't have any. We don't get bootleg cds in New Zealand.

Can you explain the "washing" effect you notice - if its annoying I can get rid of it - also it may be a bit trebly. id like to do more remasters so any comments would be helpful.
cheers.

Date: July 5, 2006 10:13

if it's clicks...it was a lot on some old vinyl boots..i get rid of it.
and if it's to low in db.i make it higer,,,that can) make the noise,,,an hum..higer too,,to cut the treble is one good thing,,too make the sound softer,

Date: July 5, 2006 10:29

if it's mp 3 from the beginning, i convert too wave,before cleaning the the sound,,

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: July 5, 2006 11:53

my opinion is to stop doing that supid job. very smart to remaster mp3 source. mp3 source is remastered enough itself (on wrong way off course). If you burning to remaster, use Michael Jackson for example, leave stones please.

Posted by: Steve B. ()
Date: July 6, 2006 20:50

Hi,

Although I think the sound is really good, is there any chance you could also remaster "Happy" from the '73 Brussels show?

Date: July 7, 2006 10:25

Sure, will post soon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2515
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home