Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

TORRENT FILES!
Posted by: hajduk ()
Date: June 11, 2006 05:16

I AM NOT THAT GOOD IN COMPUTERS,so i ask you here:
i found some good stones files on bit torrent,start to dload them yesterday and nothingsad smiley((stil 0.0. files dloaded...some talking about seeding,can somebody explain to me...thanks in advance!

Re: TORRENT FILES!
Posted by: Andy L ()
Date: June 11, 2006 13:24

You need to open the .torrent file using BitTorrent software, such as Utorrent (http://www.utorrent.com/). The files themselves will then start downloading.

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: June 11, 2006 14:40

BitComet is better!
[www.bitcomet.com]

Sometimes noone that share this torent is online. Then nothing happens.

Date: June 11, 2006 14:48

I used to use BitComet tooo, but it's now banned by several trackers - including DIME...

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: June 11, 2006 15:09

I use Azuerus, vert satisfied with that one, never had any problems

Posted by: coldturkey ()
Date: June 11, 2006 17:10

Tekumseh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BitComet is better!
> [www.bitcomet.com]
>
> Sometimes noone that share this torent is online.
> Then nothing happens.

Are any of these free? Are they simple to load and operate?
Thanks
David

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: June 11, 2006 21:19

I also use Azureus. (available as a free program download from Torrentspy.com). These necessary Torrent related programs are called "clients"

After you have such a "client" program installed on your computer do the following to download Torrent files :

1) Turn on computer

2) Open (activate) "client" program such as Azureus.

3) Go to Internet.

4) Find what torrent file you want to download

5) Initiate download

6) a pop-up will ask you if you want to "save" or "open" said file. This is where it gets tricky. You would think you would hit "save" but actually you don't! What you want to do is hit "open".

7) once you hit "open" it starts to download it TO your "client" program (such as Azureus) Be patient, it may take a few minutes to start down-loading.

NOTES: At some point in this procedure (I don't remember when) you will be prompted to designate a file or location for your completed download to end up. Simply designate a catch-all folder for all of your torrents to go to. At some point you'll have several downloads in there (completed and un-completed) and you can do what you want with them later.

You will also notice that as soon as you start a download a folder for said download will appear where you told it to go. Be aware that this download file won't really be uasable untill the download is complete which can be SEVERAL hours.

8) When the download is complete this torrent file will appear in another location in the "client" program and you are now one of several sources supplying this file to other downloaders. If you don't want to be a provider or "seeder" simply remove it fom your clent progaram and go back to your business. It won't affect YOUR download which is now resting peacefully in the folder you created earlier, ready for your use. You can now exit the internet and close your "clent" program.

9) Now you have a download file containing FLACs or some other types of files that you can't do anything with. Go to the Thread titled FLACs to find a program that will convert these to mp3s or WAVs for audio CD burning.

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: June 11, 2006 22:15

coldturkey Wrote:
> Tekumseh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > BitComet is better!
> > [www.bitcomet.com]
> >
> > Sometimes noone that share this torent is
> online.
> > Then nothing happens.
>
> Are any of these free? Are they simple to load and
> operate?
> Thanks
> David

All for free, and yes, very easy to use.

Download *.torrent files and double-click them.
They will automaticly open in BitComet.

Date: June 12, 2006 01:14

Andy L Wrote:
> You need to open the .torrent file using
> BitTorrent software, such as Utorrent
> (http://www.utorrent.com/). The files themselves
> will then start downloading.

i know how to use it,but for example,two days ago start to dloading one dvd rip from the stones...after two days,still nothing...stil 0.0...

Date: June 12, 2006 07:01

You're probably trying to download a file that has few or no "seeders" and therefore is basically inactive. Make sure your downloads are heavily "seeded" and "healthy" (meaning active) or nothing will happen.

Date: June 13, 2006 07:29

Duane in Houston Wrote:
> You're probably trying to download a file that has
> few or no "seeders" and therefore is basically
> inactive. Make sure your downloads are heavily
> "seeded" and "healthy" (meaning active) or nothing
> will happen.

but what than...what's the maning of posting itsad smiley((((when you can't dload it...

Date: June 13, 2006 15:39

When a file is first posted, it will have one seeder and lots of downloaders. As the downloaders complete their downloads, the number of seeders will increase. If you start downloading the torrent at this point, your download will be at its fastest. As fewer people download the file, the number of seeders will gradually decrease until it gets to zero. If you're really desperate for the file, you could try asking for a reseed.

Date: June 14, 2006 01:26

Try www://Bootcity.org

They have all the bootleg Torrents: Stones, Zep, Who, Beatles etc.

All you have to do is register a username and a password. There are no charges for any of it. All Torrents.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1297
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home