Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Who :Fiillmore East April 6 1968,Soundboard
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: June 6, 2006 14:19

[www.yousendit.com]
01-SUMMERTIME BLUES

[www.yousendit.com]
02-FORTUNE TELLER

[www.yousendit.com]
03-TATTOO
[www.yousendit.com]
04-LITTLE BILLY

[www.yousendit.com]
05-CAN'T EXPLAIN

[www.yousendit.com]
06-HAPPY JACK

[www.yousendit.com]
07-RELAX
[www.yousendit.com]
08-A QUICK ONE

[www.yousendit.com]
09-BORIS THE SPIDER

[www.yousendit.com]
10-MY GENERATION

Re: The Who :Fiillmore East April 6 1968,Soundboard
Date: June 6, 2006 14:56

[www.yousendit.com]
11-MY WAY
[www.yousendit.com]
12-SHAKING ALL OVER

sorry i forget these two,,

Correct play order
Fillmore East April 6 1968
Summertime Blues, Fortune Teller, Tattoo, Little Billy, I Can’t Explain, Happy Jack, I’m A Boy, Relax, A Quick One While He's Away, My Way, Shakin’ All Over, Boris The Spider, My Generation.

Posted by: Frank27 ()
Date: June 6, 2006 20:51

Hi Vancouver,

Love your posts. Thanks a lot.

#5, can't explain, doesn't work for me. Could you repost?

Hey conchita, shake it up now

Date: June 6, 2006 20:59

[www.yousendit.com]

CAN'T EXPLAIN

Posted by: Frank27 ()
Date: June 6, 2006 21:06

you're fast!

Hey conchita, shake it up now

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: June 7, 2006 10:02

I have this already so no need to download it here, but I can say it's one of the three best bootlegs I have, and that's a lot believe me.

Vancouver, you are the man. I still haven't figured out how to put stuff up here yet, but when I do, I'll help you carry the water.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: June 7, 2006 11:50

I have another show from 1968 (Jaguar Club) if anyone is interested. I dont post much, because I dont really know what people want. However. I do have a few more tracks from the "Marquee Club" (Actually Soho September 1964) and EMI studio outtakes if anyone wants them? Let me know and now that I know how to post them in mp3 format, if people want them Ill try and get them up through out the week.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 7, 2006 12:17

Defo...... Fab stuff all of it!

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: June 7, 2006 15:35

Jaguar on you-send-it! Yes!!!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Date: June 7, 2006 18:01

yes post it,,,with fillmore i upgrade the sound,,

Posted by: hajduk ()
Date: June 7, 2006 23:14

post it...

Posted by: Marcofromitaly ()
Date: June 7, 2006 23:27

Thanks a lot but I'm just a little bit puzzled: I'm just listening to this wonderful posting and it seems that shakin' all over has been up-loaded twice and there's no my generation...and neither I'm a boy...

Great posting anyway and many thanks again!!!

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: June 7, 2006 23:44

Vancouver -

Great show - thanks! Could you repost My Way? It's not working for me.

Cheers, sir!

Date: June 8, 2006 00:14

[www.yousendit.com]

MY WAY

[www.yousendit.com]

MY GENERATION

I'M A BOY are not on my cd,,,somebody got it ?...sadly RELAX & MY G fades out.

[www.thewho.info]

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: June 8, 2006 00:40

I dont have I'm A Boy either, was looking for it, But I dont think it is a soundboard. Here is the Info i got off line:

5-6 April 1968: Fillmore East, New York

Approximate Length: 36m (audience recording); 57m (soundboard recording)

Sound Quality: The audience recording is fair and not very clear, while the excellent soundboard recording (from the Live at the Fillmore East bootleg) was recorded by the band for a live album—it has several cuts, for whatever reason.

Audience recording: Substitute, Pictures of Lily, Relax, I'm a Boy, C'mon Everybody, A Quick One While He's Away, My Way.

Soundboard recording: Summertime Blues, Fortune Teller, Tattoo, Little Billy, Can't Explain, Happy Jack, Relax (cuts), A Quick One While He's Away (cuts in), My Way, Shakin' All Over, Boris the Spider, My Generation (cuts).

Details: These recordings are kind of a mystery, mostly because the same version of Relax' is found on each. Nevertheless, the audience recording is thought to be from April 5th, while the soundboard recording is almost definitely a mixture of the two shows—two different versions of 'A Quick One' and 'My Way' seem to substantiate this. The audience recording includes the complete version of 'Relax', which Townshend stretches to unreal limits with endless rhythm and lead guitar bits; yet another Eddie Cochran number, 'C'mon Everybody', is announced as their usual backstage warmup song, and then played onstage for one of the few times. The soundboard recording comes from the band's own archives and is a very good stereo document (great separation) originally intended for a live album. A nice version of the newly-added 'Fortune Teller' segues directly into 'Tattoo', and a rare live version of the recently-recorded 'Little Billy' is preceded by an explanation of the song's origin by Townshend. Very long readings of 'A Quick One While He's Away' (incomplete, but the 'You Are Forgiven' section is endless), 'Shakin' All Over', and an incomplete 'My Generation' characterize this show, with the latter moving into a jam instead of a quick smash-up (which may still have happened). Recordings from this era show the band experimenting with long instrumentals quite a while before they developed them a little more—here they seem to go on forever instead of changing shape as in the Tommy era, when different themes would make the longer numbers much more interesting. It's also surprising that so few live recordings of 'Can't Explain' prior to this one exist.

[www.geocities.com]

Date: June 8, 2006 01:40

thanks for the info...!!!!!!

Date: June 8, 2006 02:34

please keep posting the who boots ... it's GREAT

Posted by: Brano ()
Date: June 8, 2006 16:31

Could you please post Boris The Spider cause it's missing, My Way is posted instead of it, thanks for this great boot.

Date: June 8, 2006 22:53

[www.yousendit.com]

BORIS THE SPIDER.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1579
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home