Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The real story on Keith
Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: May 8, 2006 05:39

So I just read an article in the Monday edition of the New Zealand Herald that says "Keith Richards is understood to have had surgery for a blood clot on his brain and doctors were worried he would not survive." Here's the link:

[www.nzherald.co.nz]

That's a long way from a mild concussion. There has been surprisingly little speculation on this site about what is really going on. Even the normally very well-informed "News" section has been silent. Does anyone have any insights? If this latest story is true, I can't imagine that Keith would recover in time to play in Barcelona in two weeks, as the Stones spokesman continues to guarantee.

Re: The real story on Keith
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 8, 2006 06:40

Interesting you should bring this up. I was talking with someone earlier today about the chances of the Stones tour going on as scheduled in Europe due to Keith's accident. We both agreed that his fall and injury must be more serious than first stated as there's a virtual news blackout on any information regarding his health and what actually happened.

I know from firsthand experience from helping someone recover who had a sudural hematoma that it's not an injury to be taken lightly. The first few weeks after surgery have to be spent in a quiet atmosphere and laying still for a good part of the day to keep the head/brain from basically shaking or moving too much and iritating blood vessels and the injured area. The idea is to simply give the brain time to repair itself and blood flow to return to normal functioning in the injured area. Playing loud music and moving around on a stage (or on or in anything for that matter) too soon will not be conducive to Keith's full recovery regardless of what he says or feels.

I would hope that Keith and the other Stones conclude that it's far better to reschedule tour dates in order for him to regain his strength and health. I know this would be a great great disappointment to many many fans, but this is one case where the phrase "the show must go on" should not apply, and fans should be very happy to see Keith recover and come roaring back later. I know I'd much rather see him whole again than risking further harm to himself...and to the future of the band.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: May 8, 2006 06:52

There is no question that they shouldn't play if he's not up to it. What I am more skeptical about is whether this story is actually true. I had started smelling a rat as the days went by, so it did not really surprise me to read it. But on the other hand if this is true I am not sure why the announcement that the European dates are postponed wouldn't have been made already. And, in fact, it is puzzling that the band would keep putting out announcements about opening acts and maintaining adamantly that the show will go on as planned.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 8, 2006 09:40

What you say, dmay, is very wise and considerable.
Why dont you post it over at Tell me-side!
Anyway; we ought to be careful until we have had some proper info
on the matter.

Posted by: paintedblack ()
Date: May 8, 2006 11:28

I've heard a few thing's, but like Baboon Bro says, wait and see what gets said officially.

I'd just like to wish Keith a full & speedy recovery.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2071
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home