Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Taylor & Keith
Posted by: MickyG ()
Date: May 4, 2006 11:20

Just heard this MicK Taylor show from 1986 where Keith joins him for a couple of numbers. Really good quality.

Re: Mick Taylor & Keith
Posted by: coldturkey ()
Date: May 4, 2006 14:06

MickyG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just heard this MicK Taylor show from 1986 where
> Keith joins him for a couple of numbers. Really
> good quality.

Is it possible to post them here?
Thanks
David

Date: May 4, 2006 20:35

Hi Coldturkey

Will do , but I am a bit of a luddite! How do you use the yousendit thing?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 4, 2006 21:35

Enter [beta.yousendit.com]
Type one email address (your own?) in the uppermost window.
Then browse requested or wished songfile.
Cut and paste the page's adress here.

Date: May 4, 2006 21:36

MickyG Wrote:
> Hi Coldturkey
>
> Will do , but I am a bit of a luddite! How do you
> use the yousendit thing?

you can't be worse than me.....first go to this site [beta.yousendit.com]

and sign on for free.
Once you have signed on and logged on with your username and password (both of which you create) you must then follow three steps to upload a file - it will show you but its just

1) Email address to where the file is sent - now there are differnt ways to do this but the most simple, in my opinion, is to enter your own email address
2) write any message here
3) Upload the file (using the browser they highlight there which will scan your files)
Now wait while the file loads.

When it finishes loading an email will be sent to your email address (as you signed on) and also the address to where you want the file sent - which in this case is your email again (don't worry about it)

When the email arrives to your address (the same information can be seen on the yousentit screen) all you need to do is copy it by right clicking your mouse over it - and then paste it into the message box you have ready on IORR site.

Post your message and the link to your file on yousendit will look like they always look - piece of cake, a large cake with many corners and levels.

of course, if you want to send a file to a friend then just enter there email number in stage 1) above.

I hope that helps, I mastered it in three millenium, in fact long before computers were thought of I was considering such a thing might be possible - of course, I used slate and earth in those early days, though later chips were used - some of the early chips were actually made of potato??? anyway, best stop there, my doctor warned me about going too far - he can do nothing about it now - he's dead and they can't find his body, they have no idea where it is.....I know

Date: May 4, 2006 23:33

[download.yousendit.com]

Hope I have not made a pigs ear of this?

Date: May 5, 2006 00:12

Can't you here me knoc[download.yousendit.com]

Posted by: mikeh ()
Date: May 5, 2006 00:27

MickyG, could you please try posting "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" again; the link doesn't seem to be working. Thanks a lot for these tracks!!

Date: May 5, 2006 00:30

I was able to find some info on these tracks. The first is "Key to the Highway", the second is, as noted, "Can't You Hear Me Knocking". They're from the 2nd show at the Lone Star Cafe, NYC, on December 28, 1986.

Date: May 5, 2006 06:33

MickyG Wrote:
> Can't you here me
> knoc[download.yousendit.com]
> king

The first one - perfect - BUT the second one (Can't you hear me knocking) not so - seem to have cut the download short and so yousendit can't find.
Please post CYHMK again.
Thank you very much - it was pleasing to find my instructions were at least half clear.
All the best
David

Posted by: Swayed ()
Date: May 5, 2006 10:03

Hey MickyG,

Thanks for posting these. I've been able to get all 14 minutes, 31 seconds of CYHMK (Is that MT on vocals?)
Unfortunately I can't seem to have any luck with Key to The Highway. It is coming up as a BAK file. Can this please be reposted?

Date: May 5, 2006 10:13

[download.yousendit.com]

Hi Guys, trying again with this. Don't know what happend first time?

Thanks for your help.

Date: May 5, 2006 10:24

Swayed Wrote:
> Hey MickyG,
>
> Thanks for posting these. I've been able to get
> all 14 minutes, 31 seconds of CYHMK (Is that MT on
> vocals?)
> Unfortunately I can't seem to have any luck with
> Key to The Highway. It is coming up as a BAK file.
> Can this please be reposted?

I can play this BAK file on WMA or Media Player Classic though not on Real Player - have you either of these players?
David

Posted by: Swayed ()
Date: May 5, 2006 10:31

I was trying with Real Player. I'll see if I have any luck with the others. Thanks.

Date: May 5, 2006 12:44

Do I need to post in another format?

Anyway, what are your thoughts on Keith and Mick Taylors playing? CYHMK is spaced out somewaht with the introductions,but Mick and Keiths playing is really on considering they had not played together for years. Makes you wonder what things could be like today?

Date: May 5, 2006 19:37

Thanks for the repost on Can't You Hear Me Knocking. Appreciate it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home