Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Wanted Elvis and/or George Jones and/or Cash
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 20, 2006 03:24

Anyone have any Elvis and or George Jones and or Johnny Cash shows they can post or send me? A favor for wonderful woman who has taken excellent care of me.

No.....not Mother, My wife Gina

Re: OT: Wanted Elvis and/or George Jones and/or Cash
Posted by: troubador ()
Date: April 20, 2006 04:47

I cant send you a show directly, Cafaro, but if you go to the following site, you'll find a trove of some two dozen Cash shows--all available for download, along with about 7000 others shows from just about any artist you can think of (sadly not too many Stones)...thanks again for all your treasures!

[tela.sugarmegs.org]

Date: April 20, 2006 15:28

Great site!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2006 15:42

troubador:

I went to the site, saw the giant list of shows; however, when I click on one, all I'm able to do is play the show. What gives ????

My operating system is WINDOWS XP.

M

Date: April 20, 2006 15:55

Right click on the show, and then save it.

Date: April 20, 2006 15:58

You beat me to the punch, Dandelion, thnx.

Date: April 20, 2006 16:06

Great site Troubador...Thanks!

Date: April 20, 2006 16:19

troubador / Dandelion~powderman

Is the downloading limited to certain times of the day ???

Is there a limit on how much you can download on any given day ???

I live in Toronto, EST.

Mother

Date: April 20, 2006 16:21

I'm getting Cash's Sun outtakes now. It'sa little slow but it's working.

Date: April 20, 2006 17:34

Cafaro:

Need help with this. The best I've been able to do is download the artwork for a chosen title. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong.

M

Date: April 20, 2006 17:56

I right clicked on the target and then hit "save target as" and hit ok. I have XP as well and it worked for me. If you still have trouble, I try to download the file and I'll send it to you

Posted by: coldturkey ()
Date: April 20, 2006 18:12

Cafaro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone have any Elvis and or George Jones and or
> Johnny Cash shows they can post or send me? A
> favor for wonderful woman who has taken excellent
> care of me.
>
>
> No.....not Mother, My wife Gina

I don't know if these are any good. Two videos. One of Elvis performing (B&W) the other of an interview, this is a good quality recording. Knowing you guys I guess you have everything I can find but anyway, it's the thought that counts
David

[download.yousendit.com]

[download.yousendit.com]

Date: April 20, 2006 18:12

Cafaro:

Yeah, I right clicked on a couple of files (eg: Steppenwolf), chose " save target as ", but the file I'm saving is clearly not the concert because the file size is a html data file.

Am I looking at the wrong list ??? The suffix of the files were shown as ASX

What are you saving the file as (eg: what type of file type) ???

I GET A SCREEN THAT INFORMS ME OF THE DOWNLOAD HOURS AS BEING 5 pm TO 9 am (NYC TIME) AND WEEKENDS ONLY. A PICTURE THATS SAYS DOWNLOADS PROHIBITED.

M

Posted by: popeye ()
Date: April 20, 2006 18:19

Ok, from memory, there are sometimes when you go on the site and it is black with the picture on it, and then you cant download the mp3s. But at other times you get a simpler layout which lets you download the tracks but not view cover art etc, but i cant remember the times that allow you to download or not.

Posted by: coldturkey ()
Date: April 20, 2006 18:42

just to make sure you have the right page go to

[tela.sugarmegs.org]

I have xp and can left click once to save to temp file (can transfer it from there) or right click and saved as - both always save as wma file.

If you keep having a problem then check your computer - do you have anti-virus and is it set to high security - or are cookies enabled - or have you set some other kind of security measure?
there's nothing wrong with this site and I am checking it this minute and have no difficulties whatsoever - try
David

Date: April 20, 2006 18:56

I just downloaded a Steppenwolf show. I saved it to my desktop. It will only play on Windows Media Player. I can't get it on I Tunes. Maybe you need to open Windows MEdia Player

Date: April 20, 2006 18:59

cAFARO:

I can play the concert using Windows Media Player but I cannot seem to save it for downloading.

M

Date: April 20, 2006 19:29

Yup.....same here. I can't seem to brun a disc with the material either

Date: April 20, 2006 19:32

Cafaro:

I'm going to check back at that site after 5 PM and see if I have any better luck.

Mother

Date: April 21, 2006 01:33

Yeah, Mother, you can only download from 5 pm to 9 am EST--but if youre desperate during that time frame (as I sometimes am), instead of right-clicking, you left click, play the file in real time and record it on Audacity or your computer's internal recorder.

Also, you can download to yr heart's content on weekends. It really is an incredible resource--tons of Fillmore and Winterland from the 60s and 70s, endless Grateful Dead, tons of Hendrix, Airplane, Dyland, Band, a huge trove of Coltrane, Miles and other jazz, bluegrass (Bill Monroe), country (Cash), jam bands (Allmans, Trucks, Phish, Little Feat), Ramones, some Beatles, on and on and on...

Date: April 21, 2006 02:39

Troubador:

I was able to download several shows after 5 PM; HOWEVER, these songs are at 40 KB/s. Very poor by MP3 standards.

You can import them into itunes and convert them to MP3's; however, you're not able to separate the huge file into individual songs or easily split the sound file to fit on more than one CDR.

Any comments ????????

Mother

Date: April 21, 2006 03:20

Your concerns are all valid, Mother, but I gotta tell ya man, compared to the crackly LP boots I owned 30 years ago--LIVE'R and Great White Wonder among them--this site is a cornucopia of music riches...and unlike the stiff prices bootleg cds cost in the 1980s and 1990s, the stuff is free...

I can live with the slight sound reduction and the lack of track dividers--small price for the bounty you get...

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 22, 2006 05:22

Fpr what it's worth, here's Elvis in one long file. It's a strange collection of music.

[www.sendspace.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1563
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home