Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Start Me Up - instrumental
Posted by: lovingcup72 ()
Date: March 14, 2006 02:02

Many years ago I had a cassette with some outtakes on it - and one in particular was an instrumental of Start Me Up - just Keith on the guitar! Anyone have this that they could share?

Re: Start Me Up - instrumental
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: March 14, 2006 10:44

I think you're mistaken, or it's a fake. To my knowledge there's no instrumental outtake of Start Me Up (or it has to be a soundcheck before a show)

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: March 14, 2006 11:23

no it exists, I already heard an instrumental version of Start Me Up but can't find it any more

Date: March 14, 2006 11:34

it's a fake - it was played by a swiss stones-collector (together with a friend on a few tracks). The "complete session" was released on an EP and later on LP in 1981/82 as "Long View Farm rehearsals" - I think the LP is called "Down On The Farm" and the EP included "No Particular Place To Go" - haven't listened to it for decades. It's fun-stuff but nothing more.

Posted by: DaStones ()
Date: March 14, 2006 17:14

[s41.yousendit.com]

not what you are looking for but still a cool version i think

Posted by: lovingcup72 ()
Date: March 14, 2006 21:26

silkcut1978 aka smith
Thankyou for shining some light on the topic - oh well doesnt matter - thought its was just Keith playing around on some traxs, now I know the real story.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2030
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home