Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guitar Picks
Posted by: finch ()
Date: January 24, 2006 20:56

Was wondering if anyone out there has any Stones guitar picks they would be willing to sell or trade. Please email me if you do nocode1111@aol.com
..thanks!

Re: Guitar Picks
Posted by: donnywas ()
Date: January 25, 2006 01:43

Hi finch,

Yeah, I got one from Mr Richards himself... He threw it right at me at Circus Krone, Munich, June 8, 2003. Couldn't get any better, really. But there's a story to it, because he tried it the first time in Basel, 1995 and the pick took a sudden turn while flying and missed me (but it was meant for me and he shrugged his shoulders when he saw it had missed me, as he was saying:"tough luck, maybe next time...").
So sometimes it takes a while until a dream comes true and finally I got one and I'm very happy about it. You will understand that I don't want to trade it...
Just wanted to share the story.

Good luck and best wishes ;-)

donnywas

Posted by: ugottamove ()
Date: January 25, 2006 02:50

Hey there Donnywas,

I was lucky enough to get front row tickets at the "B" stage in Dallas this past November and Keith looked me dead in the eyes and flipped me his pick and gave me a nod and a chuckle when he saw that I caught it. Then one of the roadies slipped me one of Mick's with his name on it and I thought I must be living right or something. During "Get Off My Cloud" Ronnie flipped his toward me and it hit one of the monitors and deflected back onto the stage. Oh well...two out of three ain't bad since these were the first Stones picks that I have been lucky enough to come away with...and I've been to all their tours since 1972. Hope you can come up with one Mr. Finch...but these I'm hanging on to!

Posted by: donnywas ()
Date: January 25, 2006 19:21

Hey ugottamove,

great story! You musta been lucky that day. Keith is an amazing person, you know, these looks of him are quite intense. At an arena show (also in Munich '03) he shook my hand while passing by on the catwalk to the B-stage, actually he had already passed me when I called out his name. He stopped, turned around and looked me straight in the eyes. First I thought he was goin' to kill me but then he smiled, we shook hands and he headed on towards the B-stage. What a moment...

You know life is good when you're a Stones-fan ;-)

cheers,

donnywas

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 26, 2006 00:59

great storys, you guys.
could you scan the guitar-picks and put them up on photobucket.com ?

I would like to have a closer look at them
much appreciated

cheers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home