Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sticky Finger Magazin.
Posted by: Krzysztof ()
Date: January 26, 2023 20:06

Hi, I looking for scan Great Magazin Sticky Finger. I have Only one magazin (volume 5, issue 1). Thank in advance.

Re: Sticky Finger Magazin.
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: January 26, 2023 22:31

THX to Werner D.

Magazine Sticky Fingers (1989 - 1994) 6 volumes [Belgium]
[www.filefactory.com]
[we.tl]

Magazine Sticky Fingers (1996 - 2000) 5 volumes [USA]
[www.filefactory.com]
[we.tl]

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: January 27, 2023 13:23

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: Krzysztof ()
Date: January 27, 2023 18:02

Thank winking smiley

Posted by: Heartbreaker 69 ()
Date: January 27, 2023 21:14

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 27, 2023 21:42

thumbs up

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 28, 2023 06:39

Thanks Werner D. and Jaap!

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: January 28, 2023 11:29

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: January 28, 2023 16:37

Quique-stone
Thanks Werner D. and Jaap!

X2

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: January 28, 2023 19:17

Good old days, thanks.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 29, 2023 19:12

Great stuff, thanks for sharing !
I have quite a few of the Magazine Sticky Fingers (1996 - 2000) 5 volumes [USA] mags in paper...somewhere. My favorite section was Chris M's "Underground Stones" ! I scanned through the magazines but couldn't find the one I particularly remembered on "Gangster's Moll" as he'd inadvertently mentioned the Steel Wheels version that didn't circulate and I bugged him to no end for years to know more about it, he never relented ;-) It must have been in a bootleg review and not in the "Underground Stones" series, or I missed it somehow...

A few things I picked up :
- he says he can hear "Stricly Memphis" on the Rotterdam 75 rehearsals (I'd passed them on to him actually and he'd mentioned that) but I never found them, has anyone ?
- he says Mick was on "Invitation", but it's been determined since that it was in fact Don Covay, who sounds a lot like Mick...or is it the other way around ?
- Aeppli says that "Chainsaw Rocker" (i.e. Break Away) is "100% Stones" but we now know it was 0% Stones as far as the songwriting credits go as it's a cover of "Trouble's a Coming" !

So it seems even experts can be wrong ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-31 10:40 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 29, 2023 19:41

smoking smiley

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 30, 2023 02:24

gotdablouse
I have quite a few of the Magazine Sticky Fingers (1996 - 2000) 5 volumes [USA] mags in paper...somewhere. My favorite section was Chris M's "Underground Stones" ! I scanned through the magazines but couldn't find the one I particularly remembered on "Gangster's Moll" as he'd inadvertently mentioned the Steel Wheels version that didn't circulate and I bugged him to no end for years to know more about it, he never relented ;-) It must have been in a bootleg review and not in the "Underground Stones" series, or I missed it somehow...

- he says he can hear "Stricly Memphis" on the Rotterdam 74 rehearsals (I'd passed them on to him actually and he'd mentioned that) but I never found them, has anyone ?
- he says Mick was on "Invitation", but it's been determined since that it was in fact Don Covay, who sounds a lot like Mick...or is it the other way around ?
- Aeppli says that "Chainsaw Rocker" (i.e. Break Away) is "100% Stones" but we now know it was 0% Stones as far as the songwriting credits go as it's a cover of "Trouble's a Coming" !

You're not wrong.

I particularly remembered on "Gangster's Moll" as he'd inadvertently mentioned the Steel Wheels version that didn't circulate and I bugged him to no end for years to know more about it, he never relented ;-)

He probably didn't have it. He doesn't have all the Stereo Stones he reviewed.

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: January 31, 2023 00:58

Thanks

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 31, 2023 10:43

exilestones
gotdablouse

- he says he can hear "Stricly Memphis" on the Rotterdam 74 rehearsals (I'd passed them on to him actually and he'd mentioned that) but I never found them, has anyone ?

You're not wrong.

I particularly remembered on "Gangster's Moll" as he'd inadvertently mentioned the Steel Wheels version that didn't circulate and I bugged him to no end for years to know more about it, he never relented ;-)

He probably didn't have it. He doesn't have all the Stereo Stones he reviewed.

He did have it, he'd described it in that article I wish I could find and many years later in 2011 when the "Mick+Beck" version appeared I sent it to him and asked him if that's what he was referring to in the article and he said it wasn't...hope that SW version surfaces one day !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1344
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home