Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: faked outtakes
Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: February 24, 2019 00:08

there was a really good fake a few years ago called ANGEL BABY or something like that. sounded like same session as "through the lonely nights" to bad that it wasn´t real...

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: February 24, 2019 00:36

Yes, "Angel Baby", it was a rather good copy of the "1972/1973 Stones sound".

A tribute more than a fake (un hommage plus qu'un trucage). I wonder if my sentence make sense in english.

Posted by: DoctorStone ()
Date: February 24, 2019 05:13

JEMS
DoctorStone
thank you very much for this thread!

my 1st faked outtake lp was "the guy never dies" (in 1985) but when listening to foxes in the boxes (1,5 years ago) i had the feeling that to some traks somebody added a guitar using home recording equipment

i think that everybody can modify recordings at home. but when sharing such recordings this should be declared. i liked the techno versions of gimme shelter and some 2b2 tracks. everybody can hear that those tracks are not tracks by the rs. but sharing sound-a-like-outtakes without declaration is a bit like fooling the community.

I have to chime in here and respond in no uncertain terms that NOTHING on Foxes in the Boxes was altered or augmented in any way, shape or form. I realize you are just expressing a personal opinion without knowledge of the provenance, but the idea that guitar was added is preposterous in this case. What you hear on Foxes is exactly what was on Art Collins' personal cassettes from the band in the late '70s and early '80s.

i learned to listen when i learned to play guitar. listening to any version of dance, we hear many more than 2 guitars. that´s one thing. when i listen to emotional rescue (foxes in the boxes) i have the impression that homerecording happened. i do not claim being an expert as the 3 mentioned gurus. but i'm an experienced listender _and_ musician. as an (2nd class??) expert i can mention my impressions and also i appreciate other opinions. but i am not sure wheter i need a rating (of my postings) this way. my posting contained my impression on one hand and my option regarding modifications on the other hand.

cheers/prost/.....

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-24 05:28 by DoctorStone.

Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: February 24, 2019 15:49

LiveAtHidepark
I have a request.

My english is not very good, and I can make mistakes, so forgive me.

There is a problem here on IORR.

Some people are uploading compilations of outtakes, and some of these outtakes are fakes.

RS Kinno is the one.

As exemple, he uploaded "Some Girls" tracks some weeks ago, nothing was new, but what seemed to be new outtakes were just fakes.

He did the same in the past with "Undercover" tracks wich were "looped tracks".

As exemple, his recent upload of a 1'28 instrumental version of "Hang Fire" is just the short 0'30 snippet looped/repeated 3 times.

I don't know why he do these things.

As a collector, I try to know what is true and what is false.

Another exemple, in the "Emotional Rescue" uploads, you are supposed to get 3 versions including "Let's Go Steady" with 3 guitars. But this is 3 times the same mix with two guitars.

The 3 guitars mix/version was released on EVSD 203-206, and I think the bootlegger himself never noticed the difference. I did. And asked other collecters their opinion. They agreed.

So please, YOU, IORR downloaders, download, listen carefully and then say "thanks" if there is something new.

But listen before saying "thanks".

Sorry if I am too abrupt.

Maybe you are right but i think we are old enough to download something or not.
it seems a trial against rskinno.
if i download something ..first i said "thanks" and after i listen (I do not see any problem in that)
and i think that the people that upload something does it with good will
i don´t think that people make fake outtakes to have prominence.
Sorry about my english and... please.... try to be a little more comprehensive.
Anyway thanks for to try clear doubts about this outtakes

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 24, 2019 16:30

JEMS

I have to chime in here and respond in no uncertain terms that NOTHING on Foxes in the Boxes was altered or augmented in any way, shape or form.
What you hear on Foxes is exactly what was on Art Collins' personal cassettes from the band in the late '70s and early '80s.

I was certain the JEMS crew never tampered with the original sources.
Btw is there a way to know or assess how large was the Art Collins "legacy" (how many cassettes in total)?

And thx for sharing your knowledge and comments here. thumbs up

Posted by: hulloder ()
Date: February 24, 2019 20:57

LiveAtHidepark

I ask you.

Listen to RSkinno "ER/TY sessions"
CD5 track 16 - Do you think this 16'44 version of Dance is genuine ?
CD3 track 15 - Do you think this 6'37 version of It's Cold Down There is genuine ?
CD3 track 16 - Do you think this 4'29 version of Sheep Dip Blues is genuine ?

Sheep Dip Blues I can not understand from which song was created.

Definitely not from the song of a few less than a minute...

Posted by: DoctorStone ()
Date: February 25, 2019 00:46

i forgot to mention that i am grateful for every shared information and data (music/picture..) of course. thank you, folks! great being a member of this community!smileys with beer

Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: February 25, 2019 09:08

I want to apologize for my mistake
"Let Steady Go" I and II - are alike, my fault

correct is:

Let Steady Go I - without Backing vocal
Let Steady Go II - guitar and Backing vocal overdub
Let Steady Go III - two Guitar Version with Backing vocal
Let Steady Go IV - two Guitar Version with Backing vocal with another Ending

Let Steady Go I (is not in the box)
It's Cold Down There I and Sheep Dip Blues II come from the same package in mono
all three are real

I can not say to the 'Dance' mix I got it that way

rsKinno

Date: February 25, 2019 09:28

rskinno

It's Cold Down There I and Sheep Dip Blues II come from the same package in mono
all three are real

rsKinno

Thanksn rsKinno.

What are the original sources of these two takes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-25 09:29 by hulloder.

Date: February 25, 2019 10:52

rskinno
I want to apologize for my mistake
"Let Steady Go" I and II - are alike, my fault

correct is:

Let Steady Go I - without Backing vocal
Let Steady Go II - guitar and Backing vocal overdub
Let Steady Go III - two Guitar Version with Backing vocal
Let Steady Go IV - two Guitar Version with Backing vocal with another Ending

Let Steady Go I (is not in the box)
all three are real

I can not say to the 'Dance' mix I got it that way

rsKinno

Let Steady Go with previously numbers I/II/III, now with numbers II/III/IV : I still hear the same recording, two guitar and centered backing vocal. If you can point where are the differences, it will help - Thanks in advance.

Will have another listen to "It's Cold Down There".

Sheep Dip Blues II (?) - It is an instrumental song called "Piano Instrumental" on LP OBR 032 & DAC-104.

Date: February 25, 2019 11:34

790122A

22nd January - 12th February: Nassau, Bahamas, Compass Point Studios.
Producers: The Glimmer Twins. Sound engineer: Chris Kimsey.

- Piano instrumental (MJ/KR)

I think is this "piano instrumental" 1979

Date: February 25, 2019 12:11

hulloder
790122A

22nd January - 12th February: Nassau, Bahamas, Compass Point Studios.
Producers: The Glimmer Twins. Sound engineer: Chris Kimsey.

- Piano instrumental (MJ/KR)

I think is this "piano instrumental" 1979

200 % sure your "Sheep Dip Blues II" is "Piano Instrumental" from OBR LP "Sheep Dip Blues" (then on VGP-362 & DAC-104). A song wich is totally different to the short snippet (0'30) "Sheep Dip Blues".

I can't be 100 % sure, I'd say 98 %, yes, "Piano Instrumental" on NZ site is most probably the song you call "Sheep Dip Blues II". It was released on the same albums as above.

What about "Let's Go Steady" ? Still unclear to me !

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 25, 2019 15:43

I'm not sure what "Dance" remix is being discussed here but someone on the forum made something like a 12' version a few years ago with Dance/Dance II and an instrumental version and shared it here with full disclosure. Something similar was done for "English Rose". I wouldn't call that "faked" but rather "enhanced". Of course if these get shared down the road without a proper explanation it can be confusing.

DoctorStone
JEMS
DoctorStone
thank you very much for this thread!

my 1st faked outtake lp was "the guy never dies" (in 1985) but when listening to foxes in the boxes (1,5 years ago) i had the feeling that to some traks somebody added a guitar using home recording equipment

i think that everybody can modify recordings at home. but when sharing such recordings this should be declared. i liked the techno versions of gimme shelter and some 2b2 tracks. everybody can hear that those tracks are not tracks by the rs. but sharing sound-a-like-outtakes without declaration is a bit like fooling the community.

I have to chime in here and respond in no uncertain terms that NOTHING on Foxes in the Boxes was altered or augmented in any way, shape or form. I realize you are just expressing a personal opinion without knowledge of the provenance, but the idea that guitar was added is preposterous in this case. What you hear on Foxes is exactly what was on Art Collins' personal cassettes from the band in the late '70s and early '80s.

i learned to listen when i learned to play guitar. listening to any version of dance, we hear many more than 2 guitars. that´s one thing. when i listen to emotional rescue (foxes in the boxes) i have the impression that homerecording happened. i do not claim being an expert as the 3 mentioned gurus. but i'm an experienced listender _and_ musician. as an (2nd class??) expert i can mention my impressions and also i appreciate other opinions. but i am not sure wheter i need a rating (of my postings) this way. my posting contained my impression on one hand and my option regarding modifications on the other hand.

cheers/prost/.....

Do you have an actual example (song and timing?) of this supposed "added guitar" ? Absolutely nothing I heard on the Foxes releases seemed "out of order" and no one else has ever even hinted at that, this is so very odd !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: imthemastah ()
Date: May 20, 2020 05:13

Just gave another listen to "Never Stop (Instrumental)" from the SG box set and it isn't listed on Nico's site and to my UNEDUCATED ears does not seem like the Stones. For what it's worth?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home