Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Info request: Collector Treasures 1961-1967 (13 CD BOXSET) - 300 Limited Ed
Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 7, 2018 21:19

I have had two vendors offer me this box set but they do not have any details what is in it. Anyione know anything about this new Box set?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-08 19:03 by oldschool.

Re: Info request: Collector Treasures 1961-1967 (13 CD BOXSET) - 300 Limited Ed
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 8, 2018 12:51

I got also two offers, maybe the same. I'm not sure we will get an answer here. Only a few people here buy CDs. I believe the majority of the early bootleg tecordings is included incl. poor audience tapes. But I don't think everything that's available is included. Do they release trash like Gothenburg 65 or Zurich 67? And probably the Satanic Sessions are not included (complete), alone this stuff fills 6 CDs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-08 15:30 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: February 8, 2018 19:06

You may be right MR. I still like collecting physical CD/LP's and don't have a lot of Brian Jones Era material so thought it was worth a shot seeing if anyone had any details before I spent money on this box as it is not cheap relatively speaking.

Date: February 8, 2018 19:39

I think it's not even released yet. 90 or 100 Euro for 13 CDs is not very expensive actually if that label would not make so many mistakes.

Date: February 8, 2018 21:11

Monsoon Ragoon
I think it's not even released yet. 90 or 100 Euro for 13 CDs is not very expensive actually if that label would not make so many mistakes.

I agree that is not expensive for a 13CD set which is why I said relatively speaking. But is is not cheap if the content of the box is sub-par or not thee best available material available in collectors circles.

I have several WLR box sets which I think are excellent but I think you have to be selective with them I think.

Date: February 8, 2018 21:22

oldschool
Monsoon Ragoon

I agree that is not expensive for a 13CD set which is why I said relatively speaking. But is is not cheap if the content of the box is sub-par or not thee best available material available in collectors circles.

I have several WLR box sets which I think are excellent but I think you have to be selective with them I think.

I have a lot of WLR boxes. Some are excellent, like 2013 I and II, maybe apart from errors in the booklet. Many have several problems (like 1995 Europe), 2013 III (wrong concerts on the particular discs) is totally messed up. 2017 II plays through but used partly tapes that sound like 1972 audience recordings. But I have the feeling they got better as the years went by.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-08 21:24 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: February 8, 2018 22:44

NO doubt MR, I also have a bunch and some are better than others. They don't always use the best available sources but they are a cost effective way for collectors to get multiple shows. My favorite is the Duane Allman era Allman Brothers SB box set.

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: February 9, 2018 17:29

After the first test I can only say that the box is worth the money. For collectors probably nothing new, but it was obviously trying to use the best possible sound quality.
Only studio outtakes and rarities, no live recordings.
It starts with LITTLE BOY BLUE AND THE BLUE BOYS, the Satanic Outtakes were obviously taken completely by Teagua Raw.
If I have time - and nobody else has done it - I'll upload the box. But it will take a while, at the moment I have a lot to do ...

Date: February 9, 2018 18:02

elmod
After the first test I can only say that the box is worth the money. For collectors probably nothing new, but it was obviously trying to use the best possible sound quality.
It starts with LITTLE BOY BLUE AND THE BLUE BOYS, the Satanic Outtakes were obviously taken completely by Teagua Raw.
If I have time - and nobody else has done it - I'll upload the box. But it will take a while, at the moment I have a lot to do ...

Thanks Elmod, any way you can post a picture of the track list when you get a minute?

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 9, 2018 18:14

elmod

GREAT! Cheers! TIA elmod!!! thumbs up

Date: February 10, 2018 11:17

ALL unreleased studio stuff until/including the Buttons sessions fits on 5 CDs as the great Mayflower release The Legend Of Emerald proves. This set includes all circulating outtakes minus the new versions of MLH and 19NB and the As Tears Go By-snippet-tape. Plus obscure Stones line-up songs that were released under other names. Plus obscure trash (even worse than the early Metamorphosis stuff, which is also included) if there's a possible Stones participation, e.g. KR on guitar.

If all material incl. 67 is spread over 13 cds, then they can't be really "filled". The 67 material fits on 6, if not 5 CDs. Hope the 13 cds are not 50 minutes-things.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-10 14:48 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: February 23, 2018 14:24

The tracklist is now on discogs.com. Discs 1-5 seem to be based on The Legend Of Emerald 5CD by Mayflower which contains almost all outtakes and rarities from 1961 - LBBATBB - up to the Between The Buttons sessions, unfortunately with a lot of trash (worse than the early Metamorphosis stuff!) with possible participation of a band member. But they added some new surfaced tracks like the official download of an alternate version of 19NB.

Discs 6-13 are basically the same as the Satanic Boxes minus the Jig-Saw Puzzle rehearsals from spring 1968. They seem the have added the other known Citadel rehearsals and maybe more.

It seems the material had fit on 10 or 11 CDs. It's just a cheap rehash for those who already have most of the stuff at first look, only interesting for a few takes.

Unfortunately the snippets from 2016 of As Tears Go By, Congratulations etc. are not included. So it isn't really "complete".

It is a highlight for beginners on the other hand. And a great compilation. I hope it plays perfectly through unlike many (older) WLR releases.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-25 09:52 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: February 24, 2018 01:18

Thanks for posting the setlist MR.

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 23:00

elmod

Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home