Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out with NO overdubs?
Date: October 15, 2017 22:40

I've heard a small section of Sympathy For The Devil that had no overdubs and it got me wondering if there's more out there. Anybody know where it can be found if it exists?

Re: Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out with NO overdubs?
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: October 16, 2017 05:39

I suspect that would be the Acetate of Ya Ya's, there's two versions around, one is crisper than the other - "Get Yer Alternate Ya-Ya's Out 1969
(Idol Mind Productions N-020)". This is taken from a different acetate than the previous bootleg release which is VGP "@#$%& Your Ya Yas Out"

A note about "Sympathy". In both the official release & the Acetate, one verse is cut out - but they're different verses, so you can splice the missing verse from the Acetate to complete the official one. One slight problem is that the Acetate is in mono so there's a bit of difference in tone between the two.

More info here
[iorr.org]

Re: Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out with NO overdubs?
Date: October 16, 2017 07:27

vox12string
I suspect that would be the Acetate of Ya Ya's, there's two versions around, one is crisper than the other - "Get Yer Alternate Ya-Ya's Out 1969
(Idol Mind Productions N-020)". This is taken from a different acetate than the previous bootleg release which is VGP "@#$%& Your Ya Yas Out"

A note about "Sympathy". In both the official release & the Acetate, one verse is cut out - but they're different verses, so you can splice the missing verse from the Acetate to complete the official one. One slight problem is that the Acetate is in mono so there's a bit of difference in tone between the two.

More info here
[iorr.org]

Interesting, I've heard a version of the acetate (just that missing verse) that was in stereo. I'm wondering if the full version of that exists as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1959
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home