Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: OT: Hunger City members READ THIS!!!eye popping smiley
Posted by: ozark ()
Date: September 25, 2013 19:52

Stone601
I also do not know what's happening in UH.
I sent two donations in the month of September, but I never received a reply to pm sent to Shareef.
It is not for the money, $ 30 do not change my life, but I'd like to better understand what is happening.

And how many other 20, 30, 40, 50 USD plus donations were there? It doesn't take that many to add up to a very substantial amount. I can't believe that during the last downtime enough wasn't sent by members to keep HC online for quite a while. And more money came in when it was up again - that's when I sent my 50 bucks. At other sites they let you know exactly how much the running costs are and how much they've raised. Not so at HC and the costs are far greater than elsewhere. A very good example is TTD where the running costs are 149.99 per month and they tell you how much they've raised during the past month and during the past year as well. So why was HC so expensive to maintain?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 25, 2013 20:19

ozark
Great to see Erik and MunichH over here. Gutted about HC. I was suspicious the first time it went down and so decided not to contribute until it came back online. Huge mistake. Donation ignored until I sent a PM to Erik who sorted it.

Big thanks to Erik and MunichH for all their support over the years. Thanks guys.

Hey...is that you P?
Hope your life is smooth right now?

Erik does all the work in the city...I just sit on his couch and drink his beer...but he needs me. Mostly to tell him when he's out of beer...

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: September 25, 2013 20:24

ozark
Stone601
I sent two donations in the month of September, but I never received a reply to pm sent to Shareef.
It is not for the money, $ 30 do not change my life, but I'd like to better understand what is happening.

And how many other 20, 30, 40, 50 USD plus donations were there? It doesn't take that many to add up to a very substantial amount. I can't believe that during the last downtime enough wasn't sent by members to keep HC online for quite a while. And more money came in when it was up again - that's when I sent my 50 bucks. At other sites they let you know exactly how much the running costs are and how much they've raised. Not so at HC and the costs are far greater than elsewhere. A very good example is TTD where the running costs are 149.99 per month and they tell you how much they've raised during the past month and during the past year as well. So why was HC so expensive to maintain?

You are right, but I do not want to accuse anyone.
I think the only ones who can give us the answers is the staff of HC.
But as I understand it, for the moment, not even the staff has clear what is happening. I think it's gonna take some time

Date: September 25, 2013 20:35

Munichhilton

Hey...is that you P?

Erik does all the work in the city...I just sit on his couch and drink his beer...but he needs me. Mostly to tell him when he's out of beer...

Yup it's me. Life is pretty good at the moment - got a new house in Blackpool just 10 minutes from the sea. Havn't had much time for anything for a while - hope to get back to uploading Elvis again in a month or so. Had to kill the blog as some idiots were still abusing the links and I kept getting DMCA notices. Looks like it's going to have to be over at TTD and whatever Dime will allow. Pity. Maybe we could start a sonofHC ..................

Hope you and the family are all keeping well.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 25, 2013 21:12

ozark
Munichhilton

Hey...is that you P?

Yup it's me. Life is pretty good at the moment - got a new house in Blackpool just 10 minutes from the sea. Havn't had much time for anything for a while - hope to get back to uploading Elvis again in a month or so. Had to kill the blog as some idiots were still abusing the links and I kept getting DMCA notices. Looks like it's going to have to be over at TTD and whatever Dime will allow. Pity. Maybe we could start a sonofHC ..................

Hi P! Nice to see you here!

Yes, we are talking about starting a new tracker; us other HC staff, I mean.

Was looking forward to your forthcoming Elvis torrents we talked about. Maybe at the new tracker, later ?

Date: September 25, 2013 21:14

Erik_Snow
ozark
Munichhilton

Hey...is that you P?

Was looking forward to your forthcoming Elvis torrents we talked about. Maybe at the new tracker, later ?

Hey Erik...you're out of beer...

Date: September 25, 2013 21:16

Stone601
ozark
Stone601

But as I understand it, for the moment, not even the staff has clear what is happening. I think it's gonna take some time

No, no staffmember of Hungercity knows how much has been donated, only the owner; Shareef, does. He's keeping that info to himself.

We get a *certain* picture of how many donations there is, since there has been a lot of PMs to us staff about that they have donated but have not been credited, during the last 4-5 months

The last time HC went down; this summer.....I remember one guy donating 350 dollars in addition to all the people donating 10-50 dollars. Yet the site was down for weeks saying we were "400 dollars short" or something.
Bet that donator wasn't too happy with that.....especially since HC is down once again only 2-3 months later.

Date: September 25, 2013 21:18

Munichhilton
Hey Erik...you're out of beer...

Darn, those pretzels must be making you thirsty! Just a minute, I'll drive out for more beer

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: September 25, 2013 21:33

Erik_Snow
Stone601
ozark
Stone601

No, no staffmember of Hungercity knows how much has been donated, only the owner; Shareef, does. He's keeping that info to himself.

We get a *certain* picture of how many donations there is, since there has been a lot of PMs to us staff about that they have donated but have not been credited, during the last 4-5 months

The last time HC went down; this summer.....I remember one guy donating 350 dollars in addition to all the people donating 10-50 dollars. Yet the site was down for weeks saying we were "400 dollars short" or something.
Bet that donator wasn't too happy with that.....especially since HC is down once again only 2-3 months later.

Thank you Erik for clarifying the situation, now the only one who can really tell how things are is Shareef.
I always hope that everything will be resolved

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 25, 2013 21:37

time to let it die

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 25, 2013 22:09

what a sad death

Date: September 25, 2013 22:55

Erik_Snow

Would love to upload (and donate) to the new tracker Erik. Have made a comment on the HC Forum. I wouldn't be able to upload for another couple of months at least - the new house is taking an age to get into a condition where we can live in it but it will be worth it in the end. A new tracker would be wonderful. I've got tickets to see Bob when he comes to Blackpool - worst seats in the house and cost a fortune. I've bought scruffy audio and video digital recorders so will see if I can get anything. Am going to see Ken Dodd before that so I'll practice on him. Should be fun if nothing else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-25 23:33 by ozark.

Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: September 26, 2013 00:09

I remember Shareef for the time of Tape City tracker.
It was also the same every month PM about found running out !
F** hell , yeah. I feel sorry for all people donating in vain.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-26 00:11 by axl79.

Date: September 28, 2013 15:45

There's a new message from Shareef on the front-page of Hungercity now, saying he needs 425 dollars now....nobody knows much that people have allready coughed up. Could be more than 425 dollars for all we know
I doubt it cosst that much to keep a tracker up..... I would reckommend to *not* part with your money anymore, when it comes to HC donations

All the staff of Hungercity has now quitted.
Well, I don't know if I have quitted or if I was fired for calling him out by changing the frontpage and sending out mass PMs asking people not to donate any more. I had had it with this fraud, especially since none of the donators got any credits, and the chief never communicated with us staff.

If Hungercity ever gets back online again, it will be without us who were staff there. Thanks to you who were members there, and shared info or music. We had a great community.
I guess the staff will probably make an official announcement in the HC forum soon....if anybody is reading it.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-29 17:22 by Erik_Snow.

Date: September 28, 2013 15:55

Maybe we could make a new hungercity without shareef and Erik And Falo can be the ones who control it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-28 16:03 by Godxofxrock9.

Date: September 28, 2013 16:17

I'm really gutted Erik. You and the other staff were great. I had HC as my home page so each time I fire up my browser I check the dummy front page and forum. Not much going on in the forum and I doubt whether there are many donations, if any, this time around. I made a lot of online friends at HC - many of whom I communicate with outside of the tracker. The loss of HC leaves a huge hole - much bigger than I'd ever have thought as it's only a torrent tracker after all.

As I said over at the forum I flagged up the problem with the donations system in March 2009 - how I wish that my suspicions had proved to be totally without foundation.

If you guys do decide to set up another tracker to take over from HC you can count on my support and a lot of other former HC members will be there as well - I'm absolutely certain of it.

God bless to all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-28 16:22 by ozark.

Date: September 28, 2013 16:52

I just donated an extension cord...I can only pray that maybe it will help...

Date: September 28, 2013 16:56

Munichhilton
I just donated an extension cord...I can only pray that maybe it will help...
>grinning smiley<

Date: September 28, 2013 19:52

Ok guys and gals I'm copying here a post I made on the HC Forum - expect it might not last long and I want to make sure as many former HC members read it as possible

Complain To The Paypal Fraud Dept Now Guys & Gals!!!

Post by ozark ยป Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:39 pm

As Simonlofc said on the What Is Up With HC Now thread complain to Paypal!!! Some of us have already done so but the more who complain the better. I called Paypal this morning and got through to the Fraud Department who are looking at it. We need more complaints - urgently!!!! Not everyone will know this is a scam and there could still be some donations being sent. We need to get this donation accounts closed by Paypal.

When you call ask to be referred to the Fraud Department. You can't get your money back as they won't refund you for a service or donation - just for a tangible item sent in the post. What you can do though is stop anyone else being conned into parting with their hard earned cash.

Don't just make an online complaint. Call them!!!. Click on Help on the top tool bar then on Contact Us on the right in the next screen click on Call Us on the left and on the right hand side of the page you will get a One Off Passcode and a telephone number for customer service. Make a note of your passcode. You will also need the telephone number on your Paypal account (I forgot which one I had on it and had to start again!!) and also the last four digits of the credit or banker's card you have on your account. Tell them what's going on - how for the second time in two months ShaReeF has closed HC and demanded money on line to re-open it. Only ShaReeF and Paypal know how much he's collected.

Do it now guys!!!!!!

Just let me tell you that I find this very painful - I loved HC and made some great online friends here. Miss it like hell.

Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: September 28, 2013 20:03

this affair does not seem very clear. I donate too....

Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: September 28, 2013 20:07

this affair does not seem very clear. I also donated

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: September 28, 2013 21:50

I'm also with Erik. I've been a donator for quite a few years, but won't send anymore until I really understand what's happening. Doesn't sound as though HC will be back as it was. sad smiley If not, I look forward to its replacement, where I can still download great Stones items.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: September 29, 2013 11:56

Well the current state of affairs doesn't look any better.

The word from the HC forum is that people are now making official complaints to PayPal in an attempt to get the account frozen. Bleak indeed sad smiley

Date: September 29, 2013 12:00

A friend of mine, mr. J, wrote this to me (think he won't mind me posting it) :

If you go to Hunger City you get the "Host Gator . com" 404 Page Error screen. However, if you look at the url (below) this is a page created within Hunger City itself - with the name of "last chance".
The tracker has not been "shut off" at all....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-29 16:12 by Erik_Snow.

Date: September 29, 2013 12:09

Which makes the re-connection fee even more of a joke!

Date: September 29, 2013 12:23

JimmyShelter
Which makes the re-connection fee even more of a joke!

Yes indeed. And the price for keeping the site up is not 375 dollars a month, to begin with; and also.....nobody but the siteowner knows how much that HAS been donated.

Hope people will follow Ozark's advice above and close the donation-account of Shantycity for good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-29 12:43 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 29, 2013 12:43

Can't believe what I'm reading since the last days!
What a pain...and whata shame!

Date: September 29, 2013 13:14

Quique-stone
Can't believe what I'm reading since the last days!
What a pain...and whata shame!

None of us wanted to believe it although I'm afraid it has been blindingly obvious for a very long time. We collectively wore blinkers because HC was such a great community.

I've never had a problem with a site owner making a bit of a profit if there was one to be made but this has gone way over the top. We loved HC and so we've been held to ransom time and again with increasing demands for more and more funds. This time he's gone way too far and if he does decide to bring HC back again claiming he's had enough donations to make it possible I for one will not be going back - ever!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-29 13:20 by ozark.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 29, 2013 13:18

Right, it hurts, because we loved HC and it's wonderful community!

Date: September 29, 2013 13:54

Sometimes you gotta knock the old wall down before you can build a better one in it's place.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1380
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home