Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Rolling Stones Shark Tank San Jose Ca. 2013-05-08 MK4 "Get Yer San Jose Out!"
Posted by: marksg ()
Date: May 11, 2013 02:44

sarahunwin
Help! My first time trying to download via torrent. I downloaded Final Torrent and then the show, but now I have no idea how to open it and make it play! Can anyone help?

thanks

Instructions
Download and Install Traders Little Helper

Navigate to the Traders Little Helper download site and download the software. Click on Setup file, then Run, and then click Run again when asked Are you sure you want to run this software?

Follow the instructions on the Traders Little Helper Setup Wizard. Click Next, then Next, then click on I accept the agreement and click Next.

Choose the file or folder where you wish to install the program. The default setting should be fine. Click Next on the Select Start Menu Folder window. In the Select Additional Tasks window, choose whether you want to create a desktop icon or integrate Traders Little Helper into Windows Explorer[yes to both].

In the Ready to Install window, click on Install unless you need to change any settings. Click Finish to complete your installation and exit the wizard.

Convert Your FLAC Files to WAV Files

Open Traders Little Helper. Click on Format and select Decode audio files.

Click on Add to select the FLAC files you wish to convert. Once you select your files, click Open to add them to Traders Little Helper.

Click on Decode once you have added all of the FLAC files that you wish to convert to WAV format. The default setting for the location of your new WAV files is the same directory or folder as your original files. You can choose another location before clicking on Decode. Traders Little Helper lets you know when the conversions are complete.

Traders Little Helper can convert many other formats, including APE and SHN files to WAV and FLAC files to MP3.

You can also go to [www.foobar2000.org] download foobar. It is a killer player app that plays many types of audio, including flacs

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

Site-op at Planet Rock www.planetrocklosslessbootlegs.com C'mon and check us out!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-11 02:47 by marksg.

Re: Rolling Stones Shark Tank San Jose Ca. 2013-05-08 MK4 "Get Yer San Jose Out!"
Date: May 11, 2013 03:09

If you wish to start torrenting, first go here and download Utorrent 2.2.1 build 25302. All versions after that blow.

[www.oldapps.com]

Use this tutorial on setting up the app. [www.utorrent.com]

Port forwarding within the router is the issue that gets the newbie. For those that don't know what port forwarding is, I'll explain. Think of the internet service to your pc or mac as a highway with thousands of lanes. Each lane has a gatekeeper who only lets thru the traffic he is told to allow. That is the basis of how a firewall works. So you need to let your router know it is to let Utorrent traffic thru unimpeded. Once Utorrent is installed, look in the lower right corner. You'll see a check in a round button. Green is good, yellow and/or red indicate issues. Click on that button. You will get a test box, run the test. If the test indicates that ports are not open, follow the link to [www.portforward.com] Once there, you can either pay 30$ for the auto setup wizard, or close that and proceed to the manual setup. It will ask for the EXACT make and model of your router, and when that's entered will tell you exactly how to setup the ports. Run the test again to verify you did it correctly. This really isn't hard to do, don't be afraid of it.

This guy has done a great job breaking the setup down for newbies!

[www.torrent-invites.com]

Once you are set, go join some torrent sites and have a blast!

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

Site-op at Planet Rock www.planetrocklosslessbootlegs.com C'mon and check us out!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-11 03:14 by marksg.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 11, 2013 03:18

Right on Mark. Thanks for some coherent help for the newbies. To anyone reading this, all my masters are up on Planet Rout there. Lots of tapers, helpful and friendly admins and lots of great quality music.

Posted by: stonsik ()
Date: May 11, 2013 10:22

Thanks smileys with beer

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: May 11, 2013 11:22

Thanks for the useful info Mark, things like this are recurring problems, like downloading from FileFactory and others.

A Sticky thread of all these things would be really useful, is this possible?

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: May 11, 2013 12:55

Thank you very much for this great show!!
I´m looking forward for the first Hyde Park Show.

>grinning smiley<

Re: Rolling Stones Shark Tank San Jose Ca. 2013-05-08 MK4
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 11, 2013 13:59

strettonbull
Tonstone
Claudine :-
Great Post.
Thank you for all your efforts in making this available.

Any chance of posting here on We Transfer - or Uploading to Stonesvault.
Fellow IORR's please respect tapers wishes.

It will not be going into the Stones Vault for 28 days as per my agreement with Daspyknows. It will be on WeTransfer until then.

Ok thanks for that SB

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 11, 2013 15:48

strettonbull
Here is Daspyknows recording on We Transfer for those that want it.

[www.wetransfer.com]

Cheers Chris, thanks alot..............smileys with beer

Posted by: tattoogal ()
Date: May 11, 2013 16:07

Hi sweet Eddie ,
any chance on gettin' this show on mp3 ? i tried downloading it before and the whole think went crazy on me !
if you can that would be a treat thanks.
Tatoo gal

Date: May 11, 2013 16:14

tattoogal
Hi sweet Eddie ,
any chance on gettin' this show on mp3 ? i tried downloading it before and the whole think went crazy on me !
Tatoo gal

Hi Tatty, sorry, can't do.....please email me.........(I will explain all)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-11 18:49 by EddieByword.

Posted by: tattoogal ()
Date: May 11, 2013 16:36

Hi Eddie,
just sent you email ,did you get ?
Tattogal

Date: May 11, 2013 16:36

tattoogal
Hi Eddie,
just sent you email ,did you get ?
Tattogal

Replying now..........

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 11, 2013 17:06

tattoogal
Hi sweet Eddie ,
Tatoo gal

Can't believe you have asked for the mp3 of this recording! Really can't believe it!
YOU HAVEN'T READ ANYTHING ON THE LAST 3 DAYS or YOU DID AND DON'T CARE?????
Sorry, but again I can't believe your openly request! Please take some minutes and read all the concerning threads and posts! I guess you won't do it anyway!
thumbs down
I will use your own words: "any chance on showing some respect to all of us?"

Date: May 11, 2013 17:08

Thanks EddieByword (Mike) for trying to shut this incredible request down! smoking smiley

Date: May 11, 2013 17:26

Great Job EddieByword! TattooGal is exactly the type of person we want to get to. It is not above her to download a lossless flac set of a recording, or to convert it into her ipod. She's just lazy, it's human no offense. We want it prepackaged for us. Problem is once someone shares an mp3 version, it makes the rounds, and ends up somewhere purporting to be the "actual" recording and boom, recording is damaged! That's why all tapers really want no compressed versions or remasters floating around. If you or someone can take the few minutes to walk her thru using TLH that will be one more victory in the war against lossy crap being spread around the internet. We are seeing exactly what should happen. One member slips, another steps up and helps out. That's self policing and the biggest key to sites like this one following the right path. It's inevitable when the goal is shared, you want the music, and the best sounding you can get. This is the way people, EXCELLENT!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 11, 2013 17:39

Tgals seems to be addicted to mp3 crap, he/she only requests these. Too bad... smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-11 17:42 by dcba.

Date: May 11, 2013 17:48

Quique-stone
tattoogal
Hi sweet Eddie ,
Tatoo gal

Can't believe you have asked for the mp3 of this recording! Really can't believe it!
Sorry, but again I can't believe your openly request! Please take some minutes and read all the concerning threads and posts! I guess you won't do it anyway!
thumbs down

To be fair Quique-stone, Tattoogal hasn't been here for a month or two, I guess now that the Stones are touring she just saw the thread and it didn't occur to her to read all of it....it's just she saw a show 'was available'......anyway, I've put her straight now about the situation........no more problem.......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-11 17:51 by EddieByword.

Date: May 11, 2013 18:28

EddieByword
Quique-stone
tattoogal
Hi sweet Eddie ,
Tatoo gal

thumbs down

To be fair Quique-stone, Tattoogal hasn't been here for a month or two, I guess now that the Stones are touring she just saw the thread and it didn't occur to her to read all of it....it's just she saw a show 'was available'......anyway, I've put her straight now about the situation........no more problem.......

It's always good to be fair! Problem solved, thanks again Mike!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 11, 2013 19:06

EddieByword
Quique-stone
tattoogal
Hi sweet Eddie ,
Tatoo gal

thumbs down

Right on. No mp3 except for personal use is acceptable but that is the only place where its acceptable. Myself and fellow tapers go the extra mile in regards to gear (current rig appx $5k USD) the best tickets in most cases to make the best possible recordings. We don't ask for much besides following a few protocols and mp3 is one of the big ones. Granted, I am not opposed to people listening it in whatever format they choose. My girlfriend is out running and listening to this on her IPhone but she also has cds of the show and listens to those except when she is out running.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 11, 2013 23:41

So is Vegas available yet?

C'mon...whats taking so long...

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 12, 2013 00:19

daspyknows
EddieByword
Quique-stone
tattoogal
Hi sweet Eddie ,
Tatoo gal

thumbs down

Right on. No mp3 except for personal use is acceptable but that is the only place where its acceptable. Myself and fellow tapers go the extra mile in regards to gear (current rig appx $5k USD) the best tickets in most cases to make the best possible recordings. We don't ask for much besides following a few protocols and mp3 is one of the big ones. Granted, I am not opposed to people listening it in whatever format they choose. My girlfriend is out running and listening to this on her IPhone but she also has cds of the show and listens to those except when she is out running.

One can download the show in flac (which is lossless!) and then convert the flac files into mp3 for personal use, for example to be able to run and listen at the same timesmiling smiley.
One of those programs is Switch Sound File Converter. It's avaiabe for free and very easy to use.

Date: May 12, 2013 02:23

Never used that tool but if you read above, I've given you all step by step instructions on installing and converting flacs with traders little helper. Can't be any easier

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 12, 2013 11:05

There's lots of programs that will convert files for personal Ipods etc. Someone on here recommended Xrecode and I have started to use that as it has been written by an individual rather than a large corporation.

The support is excellent too.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 12, 2013 13:17

If you have an iPhone/Android or even several PCs, a fabulous app I recently discovered is Subsonic. Tt runs on your computer, indexes all your music and serves it (converting FLAC to mp3 if need be) on the fly to your smartphone/PCs where it can be cached too.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 13, 2013 00:20

Best show so far and excellent recording. Thank you all for sharing. thumbs up

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 13, 2013 02:05

kowalski
Best show so far and excellent recording. Thank you all for sharing. thumbs up

+1

Date: May 13, 2013 04:48

Just burned this to cd..Miss You is not there. From the We transfer file. Anybody else have this problem? Track 17 is in the zip file but it won't extract?

Finally got it to work.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-13 20:00 by No Expectations.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 13, 2013 07:02

No Expectations
Just burned this to cd..Miss You is not there. From the We transfer file. Anybody else have this problem? Track 17 seems to be missing???

Funny.....even non-human computer software skip Miss You. Is You Got Me Rocking still there ?

Date: May 13, 2013 07:28

Erik_Snow
No Expectations
Just burned this to cd..Miss You is not there. From the We transfer file. Anybody else have this problem? Track 17 seems to be missing???

Funny.....even non-human computer software skip Miss You. Is You Got Me Rocking still there ?

Fortunately YGMR was not played in San Jose

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 13, 2013 21:32

Thanks Strettonbull for the wetransfer upload!

has anybody made any artwork for this San Jose show???

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home