Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

2011 Some Girls Bonus Disc on vinyl
Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: August 25, 2023 10:08

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of this album on vinyl?

Re: 2011 Some Girls Bonus Disc on vinyl
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 25, 2023 12:40

2011 Vinyl (1LP) bootleg: "Some Girls The Outtakes" (0602527147246-2) - [www.dbboots.com] , [www.Discogs.com] , [www.Popsike.com] .

You could also make your own vinyl: take the HiRes-files from [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.HDtracks.com] or [www.HighResAudio.com] and then look for a company with the keywords 'Vinyl dubplate'.

They can cut a Vinyl one-off. It's not that expensive. Here's an example - [www.AnalogcutMastering.com] .

And with the Some Girls 500-piece puzzle you could create your own unique cover - [www.Amazon.com] .

But there was no official 2LP released in 2011. Maybe Universal Music will re-release 'Some Girls Deluxe' some day on Vinyl too as they did with 'Forty Licks'.

PS: If you don't like digital and still think that Vinyl-LPs would be cut from analogue sources, then read the review about the 2016 RS-Mono-Box: [TheAudiophileMan.com] , the report about the 2018 RS HalfSpeed Vinyl: [www.AbbeyRoad.com] and see also the MoFi (MFSL) digital Vinyl debacle - [www.Audioholics.com] .

PPS: In 1982, the German record label TELDEC (Telefunken-Decca) introduced the Direct Metal Mastering (DMM) technology, where the lathe cuts directly into a copper layer. The same DMM-cut is available from the small German label [Stockfisch-Records.de] with their DMM-Dubplate - [Stockfisch-Records.de] . But their DMM-Dubplate is single-sided, pre-recorded, sensitive (copper oxidation) and with € 678.00 very expensive. But technically it's feasible and if money plays no role, it's interesting to see that a unique piece could be made.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-28 09:55 by Irix.

Date: August 26, 2023 01:13

Thanks for the options. I'll have to look into that.

I was hoping there was a bootleg copy already around somewhere but I guess not. I wish it had come out on vinyl in the first place or that I had the money to buy the bootleg when it was first pressed.

Posted by: JohnnySnapps ()
Date: August 27, 2023 00:49

There was a bootleg release of the Some Girls deluxe bonus material.

[www.discogs.com]

Date: August 27, 2023 20:05

JohnnySnapps

There was a bootleg release of the Some Girls deluxe bonus material.

Thanks for the info. With "Some Girls The Outtakes" (0602527147246-2) it's easier to find:

[www.dbboots.com] , [www.Discobuzz.fr] , [www.Popsike.com] .

Date: August 28, 2023 00:17

Yes if only I could find a copy.

If anyone has one that they would sell, let me know.

Date: September 16, 2023 05:46

So I tried going this route you mentioned about getting a one off pressed. Not one place replied back to me.

Date: September 17, 2023 11:35

sanQ

So I tried going this route you mentioned about getting a one off pressed. Not one place replied back to me.

That's strange. Did you sent them an eMail? Maybe something went wrong with it? By the way: dubplates are one-off cuts, no pressings.

Some time ago I posted here a few companies who make dubplates - maybe you can try it again:

One-off Vinyl dubplate cutting service in London (UK): [VinylCarvers.com] .

One-Cut Vinyl, UK-based: [www.OneCutVinyl.com] . Handmade Vinyl-Records: [beevinyl.com] .

Record Manufacturing (near Austin TX, USA): [www.OneGrooveVinyl.com] .

Vinyl single-piece, Bologna (IT): [www.Vinilificio.com] .

One-off Vinyl, Berlin (DE): [www.AnalogcutMastering.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-18 00:50 by Irix.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 18, 2023 20:45

Irix
2011 Vinyl (1LP) bootleg: "Some Girls The Outtakes" (0602527147246-2) - [www.dbboots.com] , [www.Discogs.com] , [www.Popsike.com] .

You could also make your own vinyl: take the HiRes-files from [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.HDtracks.com] or [www.HighResAudio.com] and then look for a company with the keywords 'Vinyl dubplate'.

They can cut a Vinyl one-off. It's not that expensive. Here's an example - [www.AnalogcutMastering.com] .

And with the Some Girls 500-piece puzzle you could create your own unique cover - [www.Amazon.com] .

But there was no official 2LP released in 2011. Maybe Universal Music will re-release 'Some Girls Deluxe' some day on Vinyl too as they did with 'Forty Licks'.

PS: If you don't like digital and still think that Vinyl-LPs would be cut from analogue sources, then read the review about the 2016 RS-Mono-Box: [TheAudiophileMan.com] , the report about the 2018 RS HalfSpeed Vinyl: [www.AbbeyRoad.com] and see also the MoFi (MFSL) digital Vinyl debacle - [www.Audioholics.com] .

PPS: In 1982, the German record label TELDEC (Telefunken-Decca) introduced the Direct Metal Mastering (DMM) technology, where the lathe cuts directly into a copper layer. The same DMM-cut is available from the small German label [Stockfisch-Records.de] with their DMM-Dubplate - [Stockfisch-Records.de] . But their DMM-Dubplate is single-sided, pre-recorded, sensitive (copper oxidation) and with € 678.00 very expensive. But technically it's feasible and if money plays no role, it's interesting to see that a unique piece could be made.

thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2165
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home