Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Post: 2000 Light Years From Home - Promo Video Soundtracks
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: July 3, 2021 23:33

I posted this first on [iorr.org], but because newer YT videos seem to have replaced the sound of the promo videos with the original TSMR stereo sound, I'll send these former versions also as a new topic.

2000 Light Years From Home (Promo Video Versions)

Here are all 3 versions, that I know. The vocal tracks are different! Please compare the end of version 1 "...it's so very lonely, you're 2000 light years from home... with TSMR! You can hear only MJ & KR and no chorus. IMO version 2 & 3 have another different vocal track, listen to ...save on the green desert sand... All versions are also differently edited. The "Best Of Beat Club 1978" version (3) is very unknown. I taped it with a microphone in front of the tv. This tv special has never been reaired and got nothing to do with the earlier Beat Club shows.

I synced the speed of all versions to the album track.

Version 1: 3.43
2000 Light Years - Promo Video (lossy), different vocal track #1, listen to MJ & KR at the end

Version 2: 2.50
2000 Light Years - Promo Video, edited at 1.26, (rarities done right version), different vocal track #2

Version 3: 2.48
2000 Light Years - Promo Video, 1978 Best Of Beat Club Edit, different vocal track #2

[www.filefactory.com]

Re: Post: 2000 Light Years From Home - Promo Video Soundtracks
Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: July 4, 2021 07:00

Thanks!!!!smileys with beer

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: July 4, 2021 08:09

Thanks. I never realized it was different from the album.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 4, 2021 21:04

gomper076
Thanks. I never realized it was different from the album.

I never realized it either. The never ending Stones hobby ;0)

Thanks!

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: July 4, 2021 23:17

Thank you for your interesting observations, But in version 2 I hear clearly some vinyl pops, so isn't that rather from a promo single than a promo video?

Date: July 5, 2021 07:36

wiredallnight
Thank you for your interesting observations, But in version 2 I hear clearly some vinyl pops, so isn't that rather from a promo single than a promo video?[/quot

I found version 2 on the 'rarities done right' collection, so this is possible.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: July 5, 2021 12:38

thanks

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: July 5, 2021 17:50

Thanks for posting your comparisons. I've made a few comments in case anyone else was checking into them.

Version 1: 3.43 Promo Video, different vocal track #1:
AGREE. THE ORIGINAL VIDEO ACTUALLY CONTINUES FOR ABOUT A MINUTE AFTER THIS TRACK ENDS.

Version 2: 2.50 2000 Light Years:
THIS IS POORLY RIPPED/EQ'D VERSION OF THE 7" PROMO SINGLE (LON 45-906) MISSING A FEW SECONDS AT BOTH ENDS. I DO NOT THINK IT IS A DIFFERENT VOCAL TRACK, BUT IT IS AN EDIT OF THE MONO LP MIX.

Version 3: 2.48 Promo Video, 1978 Best Of Beat Club Edit:
THIS IS THE PROMO VIDEO VERSION, YOUR VERSION #1, CUT AT 2:48

FYI, THERE IS ALSO A 7" SINGLE EDIT VERSION FROM 1978 THAT IS DIFFERENT THAT ANY OF THESE.

Date: July 5, 2021 20:08

blakeeik
Thanks for posting your comparisons. I've made a few comments in case anyone else was checking into them.

Version 1: 3.43 Promo Video, different vocal track #1:
AGREE. THE ORIGINAL VIDEO ACTUALLY CONTINUES FOR ABOUT A MINUTE AFTER THIS TRACK ENDS.

Version 2: 2.50 2000 Light Years:
THIS IS POORLY RIPPED/EQ'D VERSION OF THE 7" PROMO SINGLE (LON 45-906) MISSING A FEW SECONDS AT BOTH ENDS. I DO NOT THINK IT IS A DIFFERENT VOCAL TRACK, BUT IT IS AN EDIT OF THE MONO LP MIX.

Version 3: 2.48 Promo Video, 1978 Best Of Beat Club Edit:
THIS IS THE PROMO VIDEO VERSION, YOUR VERSION #1, CUT AT 2:48

FYI, THERE IS ALSO A 7" SINGLE EDIT VERSION FROM 1978 THAT IS DIFFERENT THAT ANY OF THESE.

Thanks for your Info ! I found version 2 on the 'rarities done right' collection, you seem to be right with the correct source. I actually never heard the mono lp mix, so I can't compare. The vocal track of version I is definitly different, please listen to the end of the last verse (no chorus). The 1967 promo single edit and the 1978 single edit are made of the normal versions, with chorus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-06 21:05 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: July 6, 2021 05:36

BlueTurns2Grey
I found version 2 on the 'rarities done right' collection, you seem to be right with the correct source. I actually never heard the mono lp mix, so I can't compare. The vocal track ist definitly different, please listen to the end of the last verse (no chorus). The 1967 promo single edit and the 1978 single edit are made of the normal versions, with chorus.

I'm sorry I am not following. The Promo Video version (your versions 1 and 3) certainly have a different vocal track. The promo 7" b-side of She's a Rainbow does not. As you said: The 1967 promo single edit and the 1978 single edit are made of the normal versions, with chorus.thumbs up

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: August 19, 2021 19:22

For those who missed this
Stonesvault
2000 Light Years Promo [www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 22:06

stonesmuziekfan
For those who missed this
Stonesvault
2000 Light Years Promo [www.filefactory.com]

Thanks! i've missed it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home