Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Just For The Record" 1985 studio footage source ?
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 14, 2021 20:26

There is some amazing footage showing the Stones at work at Pathe Marconi in 1985, here's "I Can See Nobody" : [youtu.be] - does anyone know where that came from and if there's more somewhere ?

I was told a story back in the day by someone who was camped out in front of the studios and even regularly had dinner at the "Val d'Isere" (same street as The Warwick) where the Stones regrouped before going to Boulogne that someone had filmed a lot of stuff in Boulogne and had offered the tape to Ronnie at his house and had been promised a stub of tickets for the next tour...something that didn't happen AFAIK ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: "Just For The Record" 1985 studio footage source ?
Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: April 14, 2021 21:34

It's from a 4 DVD-Box "Just for the record".
More infos you'll find here:
[www.musik-sammler.de]

I could copy & unpload the DVDs if wanted.
(It's not the best picture quality.)

Date: April 14, 2021 23:44

Thanks, yes I was just wondering if there was more of the footage from the 1985 sessions used in that DVD available somewhere...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 15, 2021 02:50

here is some footage of them arriving and departing the studio no music but maybe it is related
video: [youtu.be]

would love to to see more footage of them in the studio in 85

Date: April 15, 2021 12:10

Yes from "our own" jMarcou! Actually that might be the tape that was given to Ronnie in the story I heard...although I have memories of being told there was footage from inside the studio on that tape...

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-15 13:24 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: April 15, 2021 12:19

I bought this DVD set years ago. Interesting video and interviews, but as far as I can remember, not one note of original music, because of copyright reasons. So the silvers belong to the most untouched that I ever had.

That might be the reason for this ebay offer (3,59 Euros):

[www.ebay.de]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-15 12:22 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Date: April 15, 2021 14:37

That's a good price !
Only ships to Germany though.

@werther2003 - if you could it would be great if you could copy/rip the Bonus DVD as that doesn't seem to be available for download anywhere, thanks !

--------------

Posted by: zeppo1 ()
Date: April 17, 2021 11:38

Wow.

Nice find gotablouse. I started "For the Record", but quickly got irritated at the stones soundalike soundtrack, that they couldn't afford or be bothered with trying to get the rights to the songs.

I guess I missed out on some cool stuff. That's really interesting video, hopefully someone knows where they got it from and how much more of it there is.

Date: April 17, 2021 14:59

gotdablouse
@werther2003 - if you could it would be great if you could copy/rip the Bonus DVD as that doesn't seem to be available for download anywhere, thanks !

Will do it later.

Date: April 17, 2021 21:33

DVDs:
[iorr.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home