Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick Jagger - Too Many Cooks_Anthology_AcidProjectSpecial
Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: March 31, 2012 10:29

Hi Stones fanatics,
well, i have been working on this one, for a while. First of all, as many of you already knows, i am a Keith Richards fan, more than Jagger`s. I think this is important to say, because i have built this Anthology set from a point of view of Keith`s fan!
This means, there are no soppy ballads from Mick`s solo albums here.I think Mick is a great blues performer, so i have tried to include as much of the blues done by Mick,as i could. I have also taken a lot of his collaborations and guesting on other artists albums.

Most of it was remastered by me. not all of course (The usual: pitch, phase & level correction and some EQ where needed). But even the new stuff like Super Heavy, i have tried to make a bit more quiet (although general volume is high, because i have taken many songs from Mick`s official compilation and those tracks have set the volume standard).

Mr. D was very involved and helpful and made another amazing artwork !!! He has worked very hard to find all of the musicians that have played on these tracks, it is all on the inner front cover.

Enjoy

Captain Acid March 2012

By captain_acid at 2012-03-30

ACID PROJECT SPECIAL

Mick Jagger - Too Many Cooks - Anthology

DISC ONE

01 . Watching The River Flow
02 . Memo From Turner
03 . Evil
04 . Oh Virginia
05 . Get A Line On You (demo) (from 'Leon Russel' album)
06 . Dust My Broom
07 . Dream Girl
08 . Too Many Cooks (Spoil The Soup)
09 . It Hurts Me Too (from 'Jamming With Edward!' album)
10 . (You Got To Walk And) Don't Look Back
11 . Evening Gown (from 'Last Man Standing' album)
12 . The Wild Colonial Boy (from 'Ned Kelly' soundtrack album)
13 . Everybody Knows About My Good Thing with G Moore
14 . Will Ya Won`t Ya with Chris Jagger
15 . Insanity Please
16 . The Long Black Veil

DISC TWO

01 . Checkin' Up On My Baby
02 . Trouble No More
03 . She's Just 14
04 . State Of Shock (from 'State Of Shock' single)
05 . Handsome Molly
06 . I Can Feel The Fire
07 . Nothing But The Wheel
08 . Talk To Me Baby
09 . Sweet Thing
10 . God Gave Me Everything
11 . The DJ Blues
12 . Goin' Away Baby
13 . You Got The Silver
14 . Miracle Worker with Super Heavy
15 . Commit A Crime
16 . Party Doll
17 . Going Down
18 . State Of Shock (It`s Only Rock`N`Roll) live with Tina Turner

This compilation, will be on Demonoid, soon. And for non torrent people, well you can send a mail to me and i`ll try to help, somehow ?!smoking smiley

Captain Acid

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-31 13:29 by CaptainAcid.

Re: Mick Jagger - Too Many Cooks_Anthology_AcidProjectSpecial
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 31, 2012 11:07

thanks captain acid, thanks very much cool smiley

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 31, 2012 11:44

Once again smileys with beer

HMN

Posted by: Greg44 ()
Date: March 31, 2012 11:51

Thank you Captain very much
hot smiley

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: March 31, 2012 12:25

I would like send you a E-mail . But your E-mail is hidden .

Posted by: LERIFFHUMAIN ()
Date: March 31, 2012 12:38

once again thank you Mister D and Captain Acid !!!!!
>grinning smiley<

Date: March 31, 2012 12:53

@...I would like send you a E-mail . But your E-mail is hidden .

Oh, is it so ? Sorry. My mail is acid.captain@yahoo.com

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: March 31, 2012 13:21

Broesel2404
Thank you very much . You are one of the greatest.drinking smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 31, 2012 15:38

Hi CaptainAcid....I don't know if anyone eslse has had this problem but after burning 30% of the first disc my Nero shut down....I tried it twice - I got the first 4 tracks and then nothing..
I checked my burner by trying to burn your Paris 6.6.1976 and that was O.K.....

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: March 31, 2012 15:52

Thank you very much, Captain - top work and, as always, looking forward to a treat for the ears!!

Cheers.

Date: March 31, 2012 16:09

EddieByword
Hi CaptainAcid....I don't know if anyone eslse has had this problem but after burning 30% of the first disc my Nero shut down....I tried it twice - I got the first 4 tracks and then nothing..

I tried it a couple more times and now get the message 'buffer underun protection activated' - disc 2 burned O.K. ??

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 31, 2012 16:13

gracias

Posted by: finn ()
Date: March 31, 2012 16:19

Hi Captain Acid and Mr. D

looking forward to this, many thanks in advance

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 31, 2012 16:23

Thanx captain..& mr.D...

Date: March 31, 2012 17:09

EddieByword
EddieByword

I tried it a couple more times and now get the message 'buffer underun protection activated' - disc 2 burned O.K. ??

Well i do not know what to say ? There should be no problem. Maybe you can try this free software Burrrn, that burns audio CD`s only, direct from flac. I use it from time to time.

[burrrn.en.softonic.com]

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 31, 2012 17:12

Top project! Thanks Hi Captain Acid and Mr. D!

Date: March 31, 2012 18:15

CaptainAcid
EddieByword
EddieByword

Well i do not know what to say ? There should be no problem. Maybe you can try this free software Burrrn, that burns audio CD`s only, direct from flac. I use it from time to time.

[burrrn.en.softonic.com]

Hi Captain...Thanks for the link...although i'm usually good to burn Flac as I downloaded a Flac add-on for Nero a long time ago from bitburners............
As I was also getting a message saying 'One or more files could not be added to the compilation(even though I'd moved all the artwork and 'ffp' files to another folder)
I just tried a 4th disc adding one track at a time..........that has worked...very strange.....
Even stranger is I just got an Email from 'Facundo Abbiatti' which was I think meant for you...it said "Thanks CaptainAcid.....etc".....I don't know who this is....he's from Argentina ..??..............O.K. music problem solved anyway, thanks for replying, Eddie

Posted by: pehdefigo ()
Date: March 31, 2012 19:53

Thank you for your effort !!

smileys with beer

Posted by: Rot10Crotch ()
Date: March 31, 2012 22:19

Thank you Captain Acid an interesting collection!!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: March 31, 2012 22:44

thanks !

Posted by: lincolnblues ()
Date: April 1, 2012 05:11

Muito Obrigado. Thanks again.

Posted by: bjnoord ()
Date: April 1, 2012 09:13

Hope it appears on Demonoid soon.
Many, many thanks, really appreciate it.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: April 1, 2012 14:32

Captain Acid and Mr. D, thanks (again!) for a great project!!!!!!!

Chris from Belgium

Date: April 1, 2012 14:38

EddieByword
Even stranger is I just got an Email from 'Facundo Abbiatti' which was I think meant for you...it said "Thanks CaptainAcid.....etc".....I don't know who this is....he's from Argentina ..??..............O.K. music problem solved anyway, thanks for replying, Eddie
Got it too. Our friend Facundo probably did a "reply all" on the mail with the links we got from the Captain. winking smiley

Chris from Belgium

Date: April 1, 2012 14:57

coowouters
EddieByword
Got it too. Our friend Facundo probably did a "reply all" on the mail with the links we got from the Captain. winking smiley

Ok, cheers Chris.....the thing I don't understand though is how he had my email address to reply to at all...I don't know Facundo...oh well, not to worry, I expect there's a logical explanation in there somewhere...........thumbs up

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 1, 2012 18:06

Very Nice !!! Thank you Guys - much appreciated.

Date: April 1, 2012 19:01

EddieByword
coowouters
EddieByword

Ok, cheers Chris.....the thing I don't understand though is how he had my email address to reply to at all...I don't know Facundo...oh well, not to worry, I expect there's a logical explanation in there somewhere...........thumbs up

Did you get the mail with the links from the Captain yesterday? I did and Facundo is one of the people in the "to" field. So, if you got the same mail, you got Facundo's reply too.

Chris from Belgium

Date: April 1, 2012 19:12

coowouters
EddieByword
coowouters
EddieByword

Did you get the mail with the links from the Captain yesterday? I did and Facundo is one of the people in the "to" field. So, if you got the same mail, you got Facundo's reply too.

Hm, it seems i messed up things there, a bit. It was the first time i was sending mail to that many people at once. So in the end, everybody got everybody's addresses.

I deeply apologize because of that.

Someone has told me i should use BCC in sending to multiply addresses.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 1, 2012 19:14

Great project!

Date: April 1, 2012 20:32

CaptainAcid
coowouters
EddieByword
coowouters
EddieByword

Hm, it seems i messed up things there, a bit. It was the first time i was sending mail to that many people at once. So in the end, everybody got everybody's addresses.

I deeply apologize because of that.

Someone has told me i should use BCC in sending to multiply addresses.

No problem for me Captain...just curious as to how it happened......(yes Chris, I did get the Captain's mail yesterday - thanks)....smileys with beer

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2168
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home