Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

First vinyl pressings - how to tell if sealed
Posted by: tmccool1 ()
Date: January 15, 2020 18:05

I often see "sealed" copies of 60s London pressings popping up on auction sites. I have the opportunity to buy one or more at what I feel is a good price, based on other prices I see offered and sold. What I'm wondering about is the "Electronically Processed" term that appears on those covers. Some covers it appears on the front in a black band and also on the bottom on the back. On others it appears only on the bottom of the back cover. Discogs lists both as being 1965 pressings. Is this an indicator, and are there other details that one can look for when determining an original pressing of a sealed Out Of Our Heads, for example.

Re: First vinyl pressings - how to tell if sealed
Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 15, 2020 19:13

Wasn't 'electronically processed' the term for mono recordings remade in a fake stereo sound and remarketed? I have a first Rolling Stones lp from Japan with this (bass more on the left, high-end more on the right channel), and a Dutch Out Of Our Heads lp that switches channels (left to middle to right) every 10 or 20 seconds. Also a few single reissues. But neither of those are originals.

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: January 15, 2020 19:17

Great question Cool, I've always wondered the same. Some one here certainly will have an answer.

Undercover1

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 15, 2020 19:19

I have a very interesting variation of that cover OOOH, sealed. It has electronically re-processed on front and back as you've described.

Also, on the back cover, along the bottom right, and upside down it says MONO in white bold letters and the London stylized logo in box, also upside down at bottom centre. It appears that these writings are maybe a foldover from the front.

Interesting curio...I wonder how rare that is. I have a couple of mono London copies from that era, not the same and a couple of sealed reprints a Polygram and something with a bar code (late 80s pressing?)

I'm going to post this to the Let's Talk RARE Stones Vinyl thread as well, as it coincidentally made a revival today.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home