Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Post: 1994.08.17 New Jersery '94 - East Rutherford 1994, 4th Day
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 27, 2019 21:32

1994.08.17 New Jersery '94 - East Rutherford 1994, 4th Day
[filefactory.com]

original uploader
Rolling Stones
Giants Stadium
East Rutherford, New Jersey
August 17, 1994

Lineage: Audience DAT master (equipment unknown) => cassette => cassette => Stand-alone Pioneer CD Burner => EAC => Magix Audio Cleaning Lab => WAV => FLAC Front-end (level 8)

Disc one (65:07):
(1) Not Fade Away (3:17)
(2) Tumbling Dice (3:38)
(3) You Got Me Rocking (4:02)
(4) Shattered (4:48)
(5) Rocks Off (5:38)
(6) Sparks Will Fly (4:17)
(7) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (6:22)
(8) Beast of Burden (5:23)
(9) Out Of Tears (5:37)
(10) Intro (0:58)
(11) Memory Motel (7:11)
(12) All Down The Line (4:57)
(13) Miss You (8:53)

Disc two (57:14):
(1) I Go Wild (5:46)
(2) Band introductions (start cut) (1:11)
(3) Honky Tonk Women (5:13)
(4) Happy (4:25)
(5) The Worst (2:44)
(6) Intro music (0:40)
(7) Love Is Strong (5:02)
(8) Monkey Man (4:48)
(9) Start Me Up (4:30)
(10) Street Fighting Man (5:25)
(11) It's Only Rock and Roll (5:06)
(12) Brown Sugar (5:01)
(13) Encore break (2:06)
(14) Jumping Jack Flash (5:09)

Comments: I gained new respect for the Stones' showmanship at this show. This was recorded in the midst of their run of five or six nights (I think it was night #4 of 6) at Giants Stadium; earlier nights had benefited from pleasant late-summer weather (as had the Woodstock '94 festival, coincidentally being held simultaneously nearby) but this evening brought a steady, horrendous downpour and heavy winds that continued through the entire set. Counting Crows opened the show in a steady drizzle, and gave perhaps the worst performance I've seen by any band in the 20 years I've been going to concerts: Adam Duritz sat on the edge of the stage and mumbled the lyrics through most of their agonizing 45 minutes onstage (although to be fair, it's hard to say whether he was influenced by the bad weather or just "in a mood") -- they only had one album out, and you couldn't tell what song they were playing even though they only had 8 or so to choose from. When the Stones came on, the weather got much worse.

The Stones were pros, even though roadies raced on between songs and mopped huge puddles off the stage threw tarps over Chuck and Charlie's equipment. The performance was powerful from start to finish, and at 122 minutes, I think they didn't cut anything from the set. Most bands would have phoned this one in, but this show was great. (Incidentally, I thought the same thing about their October show in Chicago when it snowed and the temperature dropped to 29 degrees by the time they finished. I don't think most bands would play a full set -- much less a good one -- in such adverse conditions.)

The recording is pretty good despite the most unfavorable taping conditions one can imagine. It sounds like the taper was somewhere in the middle third of the floor, and fidelity is decent without too much "stadium boominess." There are points in the set where one channel shorts out for a few seconds due to the heavy rain (which you can hear falling on the taper's equipment during quiet moments) but otherwise the heavy rain doesn't cause that much of a problem. Levels fluctuate occasionally (I did my best to even them out) and the sound muffles for a few seconds -- my guess is the taper was doing his best to protect his gear.

I'd rate the overall sound about a 7 on a 10-scale; this isn't the best recording from the Voodoo Lounge tour by any means, but it's an entertaining listen and worthwhile for the performance (and to admire the taper's tenacity).

Previous missing in Stonesvault

Re: Post: 1994.08.17 New Jersery '94 - East Rutherford 1994, 4th Day
Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: October 28, 2019 10:46

Thanks!

Re: Post: 1994.08.17 New Jersery '94 - East Rutherford 1994, 4th Day
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: November 2, 2019 16:12

thank you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home