Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

el mocambo
Posted by: CHRISTIANF ()
Date: February 15, 2019 17:38

Any chance to find crazy mama complete from El Mocambo ?

Re: el mocambo
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 15, 2019 18:21

Nope

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 15, 2019 18:37

Well if you're broad-minded, take a version of the 1997 tour and make your own "complete" version...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 15, 2019 18:43

dcba
Well if you're broad-minded, take a version of the 1997 tour and make your own "complete" version...

......and if you're not; have a coffee and Sachertorte, and think of nothing

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: February 16, 2019 03:02

Some ageing Toronto DJ is definitely sitting on a copy - the audience was packed with music industry types.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: February 18, 2019 03:58

Yes but no cell phones back then. People actually listened to the music and watched the performance instead of idiotically filming on their stupid devices, and holding the stupid thing up in front of everyone behind them for two hours. I daresay the industry types were living 'in the moment' which seems to be impossible now. Of course if there IS a complete recording it will surface one day but I think Eddie Kramer said he muffed it so...

Date: February 18, 2019 05:05

...So let's hear all the parts that Eddie Kramer didn't muff, the tracks that didn't make side 3 of Love You Live.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 18, 2019 10:44

andrews27
the audience was packed with music industry types.

Really? I thought it was mostly a "for fans" event. People earnt a ticket for a "free show" thru a radio contest. On gig day the winners were gathered at a certain Toronto location put into buses and only then they were told they were going to see the Stones! smileys with beer
No social networks at that time so the secret was kept between the two nights.

Date: February 18, 2019 17:24

300 fans on the El Mo's upper level, plus a floor full of North American radio and record industry people.

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

[nationalpost.com]

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: February 18, 2019 22:25

As I understand the story it went something like this:
The local Toronto radio station Q107 had a strange contest for listeners to enter.
"April Wine Fans! Tell us why you'd like to see the Rolling Stones!"

April Wine was the opener that night. They were a well known Canadian band at the time.

I used to go to the local bootleg record shops years ago looking for a complete performance.
One record store owner claimed to have heard the complete show but who knows?

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: February 18, 2019 22:35

Are you looking for more than this version?

[bootleg-addiction-forever.blogspot.com]

Available under a variety of titles and labels. Very listenable.

Date: February 19, 2019 02:43

I have on my hard drives so many versions of the EL Mo show, so many remasters, that I have totally forgotten which of them I judge the best and/or most complete.

What I want is the Stones to release the show, or the parts of it (an El Mocambo Suite within another Eagle Rock live release?) that are in the best condition. Absent that, if there was a fantastic tape in better SQ than any previously known, I'd want that.

Tell me the guys who owned the El Mocambo didn't snag a reel-to-reel copy off the board, even if they had to drill a hole through the floor to run the cable to the basement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-19 02:45 by andrews27.

Posted by: DoctorStone ()
Date: February 19, 2019 03:15

never found a record (lp/cd) containing more than the very 1st lp i purchased (i am collector for 35 years). i am afraid to asume that there is no more....... btw i just sold th red toungue record box "el mocambo 77+" (please follow my offers at ebay). no new content - just a muxture with some recordings of the 1976 tour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home