Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Post: Mick Taylor did produce "Cat's Eyes" by Robin Millar now after 45 years on sale by Apcor
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: February 15, 2019 00:29

Accidently posted on Tell Me

My friend Ed has problems getting access to IORR
Ed is the original torrenteer of the 50 Years of Dirty Work.
He asked me to publish this news bulletin in his name.

In 1974, a young artist by the name of Robin Millar entered The Beatles' Apple Studios to record his first solo album. The LP was to be produced by Rolling Stone Mick Taylor, who also happened to be Robin's brother-in-law at that time. Both men worked hard on the album with the aid of Gordon Raitt on bass and Jamie Lane on drums and with the help of legendary session musicians (and Beatles session men!) Billy Preston, Nicky Hopkins and Bobby Keys they made a splendid album which would undoubtedly have achieved great success, had it been released at the time. However, when Mick Taylor announced his departure from The Rolling Stones, the record company withdrew their support for this album and it was shelved. (Only one single made it out, Catch As Catch Can c/w For My Life, the B-side of which was an edit of the originally 7.15 minute track). Unreleased, that is, until now, 45 years later, when Robin granted APCOR the rights to the much belated release of this masterpiece.

Cat's Eyes is a truly undiscovered gem which, hopefully, finally gets the attention it should have received almost half a century ago. The songs are well-crafted, the singing is beautiful and the playing is immaculate. Ten strong songs make up all of the 53 minutes and 32 seconds of the album, which was sourced from the original 2-track Apple master mix-down tapes.

Two versions of the album will be made available:
1) A 12" vinyl LP on splattered vinyl (Apcor LP03), housed in a gatefold cover (based on the original artwork) and a download voucher for all 10 songs as WAV files.
This edition will be numbered and strictly limited to 300 copies worldwide and will retail at 40 Euros.

2) A Compact Disc, housed in a gatefold cover (Apcor CD02), with the album's original 10 tracks plus an additional bonus track, the single edit of For My Life.
This edition will be limited to 500 copies worldwide and retail at 15 Euros.

The album will appeal to both Rolling Stones collectors and Beatles and Apple aficiandos and we expect especially the vinyl edition to be fully subscribed very quickly, so get your pre-orders in right now - as always, these products will be sold on a first come, first served basis! Of course you can order both the LP and the CD and save on shipping costs! We expect to start shipping in May 2019.

Watch our YouTube presentation to get a whiff of this majestic album: [www.youtube.com] and get your orders in at: www.apcor.net

Re: Post: Mick Taylor did produce "Cat's Eyes" by Robin Millar now after 45 years on sale by Apcor
Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: February 15, 2019 09:22

Many thanks for the info !

Re: Post: Mick Taylor did produce "Cat's Eyes" by Robin Millar now after 45 years on sale by Apcor
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: February 15, 2019 10:18

Thanks Jaap (and Ed) .... it's preordered!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2416
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home