Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick TAYLOR 24th March 1994 - Newcastle - mix of two versions (Frankenstein N° 37)
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: November 19, 2018 19:24

MICK TAYLOR
24th March 1994: Newcastle
« Have two beers in Newcastle »
FRANKENSTEIN PRODUCTION n°37

24th March 1994: Newcastle, England
Line-up: MT (gtr, voc)/Zoot Money (keyb, voc)/Snowy White (gtr)/Kuma Harada (bass)/Jeff Allen (dr)

Tracklist:
CD1: (using 1st version except when specified)
01 – introducing Snowy White
02 – I Loved Another Woman (Snowy White without Mick Taylor)
03 – Loving Man (Snowy White without Mick Taylor)
04 – Judgement Day (Snowy White without Mick Taylor)
05 – Don’t Burn Down The Bridge (Snowy White without Mick Taylor)
06 – introducing Mick Taylor
07 – You Gotta Move
08 – I Wonder Why (+ last 35’ from nzb’s version))
09 – You Shook Me (from nzb’s version) (two parts connected at 4’28)

CD2 : (using nzb’s version except when specified)
01 - Can't You Hear Me Knocking
02 - Let The Good Times Roll
03 - Sticks And Stones
04 - Little Red Rooster
05 - Parchman Farm (two parts connected at 3’52)
06 - Band introduction
07 - Jumping Jack Flash (last 20s from 1st source)

As usual all the infos are taken from the Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf [www.nzentgraf.de].

This is a mix of two versions from the same source. On my version the title and covers were from my great friend Mr. No (thanks Riccardo!) with the title “Have a beer In Newcastle” so I decided to call this new Frankenstein work (the n°37): “Have two beers in Newcastle”!

I already had a version for this show when nzb sent me his version. Comparing these versions I discovered that they’re from the same source and that they can be upgraded sound wise.
Both versions are incomplete but can complete each other in parts.
About the sound, I find nzb’s version on CD1 much too hissy. My version was better when I added a little more bass to it and reduced the treble…. but on the 2ndcdr they are similar so I used nzb’s source (except when specified).

My version was missing the interlude and all the beginning of “You Shook Me”!
This song was cut in two parts in nzb’s version with a gap between both parts. Now the song is rebuilt but some seconds are missing between the two parts (so at 4’28).
Same for “Parchman Farm” that also was cut in two parts with a gap in-between: I rebuilt the song but a little difference can be heard at 3’52.
Jumping Jack Flash is incomplete but my version had an additional 20, so I added them at the end of nzb’s version.
The sound was hissy so I added more bass and reduced the treble a little. I also reworked the transitions between the tracks and the beginnings/ends of the cd-r’s.
A special thanks to nzb who sent me his version and to Jaap “Stonesmuziekfan” who gave critic and advice regarding my work …. So without whom this project wouldn’t have been possible!

Posted on IORR: [www.iorr.org] by StonyRoad
link valid until 26/11/18
[we.tl]

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR 24th March 1994 - Newcastle - mix of two versions (Frankenstein N° 37)
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 20, 2018 15:18

Many thanks for sharing this matrix Norbert! smileys with beer

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR 24th March 1994 - Newcastle - mix of two versions (Frankenstein N° 37)
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:36

Happily you're there Enrique, I was thinking that nobody likes

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: November 21, 2018 23:38

Thanks

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 26, 2018 22:25

Almost missed this one.
Downloading right now.

Also available here [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-06 18:55 by stonesmuziekfan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2663
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home