Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A question on wetransfer usage
Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: October 30, 2018 14:18

Hi folks....I know a lot of people here use wetransfer and I'd like to know how long it takes for you to upload say 1 GB to the website? My computer speed here where I live is pretty bad and it takes me from 4 to 6 hours to complete the upload...when I down load the same amount it takes me about 40 minutes or so...thank for the help and any suggestion...I use Chrome by the way....

Re: A question on wetransfer usage
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: October 30, 2018 16:40

0.99 up: 7 minutes
same 0.99 down: 1 minute 35 seconds

I use Firefox

My provider gives me a max download speed of 200 Mbps and 20 Mbps upload

Chris from Belgium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-30 16:42 by coowouters.

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: October 30, 2018 17:00

what your down- and uploadspeed is, first of all depends on the subscription you have to your internet service provider (isp).

the price you pay to your provider for internet access is based on the maximum number of bytes per second the service provides.
the lower the price, the lower the speed........eye rolling smiley

the upload speed is typically much slower than the upload speed.
in your case 6 ã 7 times slower,
with my subsciption 10x slower sad smiley

other things you can do to

-> we transfer speed up <-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-30 17:11 by j.b.goode.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 30, 2018 17:48

rovalle
Hi folks....I know a lot of people here use wetransfer and I'd like to know how long it takes for you to upload say 1 GB to the website? My computer speed here where I live is pretty bad and it takes me from 4 to 6 hours to complete the upload...when I down load the same amount it takes me about 40 minutes or so...thank for the help and any suggestion...I use Chrome by the way....

It will take me the exact sames times to upload and download! So, you are not alone here.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: October 30, 2018 17:58

coowouters

WAUW !!!

I thought I had a fast connection with 20 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload, but whatever ..... I start CD downloads instantly on my laptop, For DVDs I go to my computer because it is hard wired. Depending what I want to upload: Bigger files I start upload before going to bed and find out the other day if the uploads were successful.

BTW, wetransfer let me download 6 files in the same time. When there are more files to download I have to wait until a file is completed, I check what downloads are finished with Ctrl+J

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: October 30, 2018 19:31

stonesmuziekfan
coowouters

WAUW !!!

I thought I had a fast connection with 20 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload, but whatever .....

Don't get too excited bout what my ISP promises and what I get!
Filefactory (with premium account) I rarely get more than 10 Mbps download speed, Wetransfer between 7 and 10 Mbps.

It's only when I do a speed test that I get those 200 and 20 Mbps (sometimes even more).

But they are busy getting a fiber optics cable in my street; that might, again; might, give me better speeds (they are talking Gbps connections), but I doubt it; speeds are always dependent on the capacity of the site you're visiting; if they only allot you a certain maximum, a high speed connection doesn't help.

I only took the 200 -20 option because it comes with unlimited upload and download capacity. (the "Fiber 200 in the picture is wrong; It's still through coax cable in my street)

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: November 1, 2018 19:15

Thanks folks for all the info...I live in Grand Canyon National Park and everything here is so antiquated as they say...they keep talking about upgrading the wireless and installing fiber optics etc but I ain't holding my breath....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2055
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home