Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MEGA
Posted by: Stoner72 ()
Date: March 3, 2014 17:04

I very much appreciate those who share on this site. Especially the bootlegs, of which I seemingly cannot get enough.

But would someone please tell me what the big advantage is in uploading these files to MEGA?

I find it impossible, inconsistent and extremely irritating. I'll do without the boot rather than waste time screwing around with something so needlessly complicated.

And for a nut-case like me, that is saying quite a bit.

Re: MEGA
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 3, 2014 17:11

Stoner72
I very much appreciate those who share on this site. Especially the bootlegs, of which I seemingly cannot get enough.

But would someone please tell me what the big advantage is in uploading these files to MEGA?

I find it impossible, inconsistent and extremely irritating. I'll do without the boot rather than waste time screwing around with something so needlessly complicated.

And for a nut-case like me, that is saying quite a bit.

What's your problem with Mega? Are trying to upload yourself or as your post implies just download? ...downloading is simple.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-03 17:16 by EddieByword.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 3, 2014 17:19

Mega is...MEGA :
- very generous 50Gb free allotment
- links never expire (unlike WeTransfer)
- import directly to your account in a jiff' for later download to your computer. File survives even if deleted by uploader.

Oh, and never had any problems using it, either with FFox or Chrome.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 3, 2014 20:06

Thank you for your responses. My problems are encountered when I attempt to download.

I click the red 'download' box. The counter begins. Fine.

But when it indicates 100 percent of the file has been downloaded, it is nowhere to be found. I use Firefox, and occasionally there will be a pop up asking what I want to do with the file.

More often than not, there nothing. Just the indicator reading 100%.

Date: March 4, 2014 00:38

That's good, it means it's finished! The download folder can be set by clicking on the "wheel" icon bottom right. By default it's going to be in \My Documents

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 4, 2014 01:09

Stoner72
Thank you for your responses. My problems are encountered when I attempt to download.

I click the red 'download' box. The counter begins. Fine.

But when it indicates 100 percent of the file has been downloaded, it is nowhere to be found. I use Firefox, and occasionally there will be a pop up asking what I want to do with the file.

More often than not, there nothing. Just the indicator reading 100%.

Have you had a pop up saying that Firefox has a bug and asking "Do you want to download the Mega extension? because Firefox uses a lot of memory downloading?".....
If you did or do get this, download the extension.
When you've done this go to the Firefox home page. Down the bottom of the page you'll see a menu going from left to right. Click on 'add ons'. You should then see the Mega extension listed, a big box.. (if the install has gone ok you won't miss it, it is big). Inside that box you'll see 'options', click on that and you'll see another option which allows you to set a download location. The default location with Windows xp is your 'desktop'. I changed mine to my documents/downloads.

You only need to do all this stuff once. After that it's just normal. Click on download and it'll go to the location of your choice.
When the file is on your desktop or my documents/download folder you'll have to move it to a folder that you'll make with the name of the show you're downloading.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 12:18 by EddieByword.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 4, 2014 11:10

on windows 7,vista files goes to my downloads,there you´ll find it.

Date: March 4, 2014 15:06

I am using Windows XP for now and the file is nowhere. Not in Downloads, not in My Documents and definitely not in My Music.

I will look for the Mega extension Eddie Byword mentioned, but much of my frustration with MEGA comes from the fact that I was able to download disc one of a recently-posted 1989 show with no problem whatsoever, and disc two seemingly requires an entirely different procedure!

I'd expect this kind of crap at work, not d/l Stones boots!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 03:46 by Stoner72.

Posted by: tjkrol ()
Date: March 4, 2014 15:15

I've had no problem running Windows XP with the Mozilla Firefox add-on provided by MEGA. Try again.

Date: March 4, 2014 16:33

Stoner72
I am using Windows XP for now and the file is nowhere. Not in Downloads, not in My Documents and definitely not in My Music.

I will look for the Mega extension Eddie Byword mentioned, but much of my frustration with MEGA comes from the fact that I was able to download disc one of a recently-posted 1989 show with no problem whatsoever, and disc two seemingly requires an entirely different procedure!

I'd except this kind of crap at work, not d/l Stones boots!

Is it on your desk top?......if not, just disappeared? don't worry,..(I even did a search using the filename but nothing)...that happened to me until I downloaded the Mega extension too...

I looked up the Firefox Mega extension up for you........ [addons.mozilla.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 17:21 by EddieByword.

Posted by: hobshobs ()
Date: March 4, 2014 16:45

I had similar problems running Windows XP / Internet Explorer with Mega.
Try downloading Google Chrome and then run Mega through this browser.
Works fine for me. Hopefully for you also.

Hobshobs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 16:45 by hobshobs.

Posted by: mtripoli ()
Date: March 6, 2014 02:32

I have tried 3 times to download this, twice with Firefox and once with Safari and still cannot find the file even though it gets to 100%. Oh well.

Date: March 6, 2014 03:04

mtripoli
I have tried 3 times to download this, twice with Firefox and once with Safari and still cannot find the file even though it gets to 100%. Oh well.

Have you installed the Firefox mega addon? (Link two posts above.

Also, if you've got Windows xp look on your desktop, it might already be there as that is the default download location with Mega/xp.....

if not, possibly in My documents/downloads.....

failing those two possiblities, D/L the addon, then, when it's installed, go back to it via the menu, which includes 'addons' at the bottom of the Firefox homepage and set your download location to where you choose....as I say , once the addon is installed, on Windows xp at least, the default d/L location is your desktop - you can change this.

I had your problem of 'nothingness' too before I got the addon.

Date: March 6, 2014 03:16

I downloaded the Add-On and then made sure it was actually there, downloaded the montreal file and it is no where yet again. giving up. thanks for your help.

Date: March 6, 2014 03:27

mtripoli
I downloaded the Add-On and then made sure it was actually there, downloaded the montreal file and it is no where yet again. giving up. thanks for your help.

Did you try and set your preferred download location?

Also, it's possible you might have to restart your computer for it to take effect....I've got a vague memory that for some reason the addon didn't work the first time I tried it....but then did after... I may have turned my computer off in between times...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 03:34 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Neighbours ()
Date: March 6, 2014 03:58

EddieByword
mtripoli

Also, it's possible you might have to restart your computer for it to take effect....I've got a vague memory that for some reason the addon didn't work the first time I tried it....but then did after... I may have turned my computer off in between times...

have you look at your temporary directory for your "missing" downloaded Files?

Date: March 6, 2014 04:33

Neighbours
EddieByword
mtripoli

How do you access this?

Date: March 6, 2014 04:44

So far i have done everything, downloaded add-on, shut down and restarted, set the download location and then downloaded montreal yet again and.....nothing. I will keep the montreal i have. thanks you for all your help.

Posted by: tjkrol ()
Date: March 6, 2014 04:53

Try searching your hard drives with "*.rar" without the quotes.

Posted by: Neighbours ()
Date: March 6, 2014 05:03

EddieByword
Neighbours
EddieByword
mtripoli

How do you access this?

Explorateur windows ---->menu: tools , Options des dossiers, Affichage, Afficher les dossiers et fichiers cachés etc (I don't know English item, my Windows are in French. You must see the hidden files)
after go to:
User/xxxxxxx/Appdata/ local/temp

Date: March 6, 2014 05:13

Neighbours
EddieByword
Neighbours
EddieByword
mtripoli

How do you access this?

Explorateur windows ---->menu: tools , Options des dossiers, Affichage, Afficher les dossiers et fichiers cachés etc (I don't know English item, my Windows are in French. You must see the hidden files)
after go to:
User/xxxxxxx/Appdata/ local/temp

Ahh, right, ok Neighbours thanks, it just occurred to me that if the file was in a temporary folder I may have deleted it by using C cleaner last night...ok, thhanks anyway...........

Date: March 6, 2014 05:13

mtripoli
So far i have done everything, downloaded add-on, shut down and restarted, set the download location and then downloaded montreal yet again and.....nothing. I will keep the montreal i have. thanks you for all your help.

That is really strange...........which Montreal were you trying to get....If it's audio I could upload it to 'wetransfer'...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 05:14 by EddieByword.

Posted by: legin ()
Date: March 10, 2014 04:06

I too am having the same problem here.Even with the add-on and checking everywhere for supposed d/l...nowhere to be found.The tell tale seems to me to be that when everything seems to be d/loading swimmingly..check the 'show all d/loads' firefox top right of screen...NOTHING!...I don't think it's downloading the show at all!...I've tried getting the 6th March Tokyo (101/dime version) 3 times now and given up!!!

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: March 10, 2014 12:14

legin
I too am having the same problem here.Even with the add-on and checking everywhere for supposed d/l...nowhere to be found.The tell tale seems to me to be that when everything seems to be d/loading swimmingly..check the 'show all d/loads' firefox top right of screen...NOTHING!...I don't think it's downloading the show at all!...I've tried getting the 6th March Tokyo (101/dime version) 3 times now and given up!!!

Dime version:

[www.wetransfer.com]

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: March 10, 2014 12:39

Stoner72

I'd expect this kind of crap at work, not d/l Stones boots!

If Wetransfer works for you, let me know which disc you're looking for and I'll upload it for you to wetransfer.
(did that this morning for the Dime version of the 06.03.2014 Tokyo show, see my previous post in this topic)

Chris from Belgium

Date: October 6, 2016 10:36

About Mega I've seen some bandwifth limitation for the first time...they say it's IP based but I've found that with the "Mega Downloader" tool you could get around it, at least for now.

--------------

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 5, 2018 17:00

Security warning for MEGA Chrome extension users - [Mega.nz] .

MEGA.nz Chrome extension caught stealing passwords for Google, Microsoft, GitHub and Amazon accounts, but also Monero and Ethereum private keys - [www.ZDNet.com] .

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: September 8, 2018 04:45

sorry --I thought it meant Make Exile Great Again.....disregard...'cause it's already great..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-08 04:46 by diverseharmonics.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2369
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home