Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

German "Teldec" vinyl pressings
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 19, 2018 11:31

Anybody know much about the red label German vinyl masterings/pressings of Decca releases that were kicking around in the 80s ?

I've collected a few of these and they all sound quite different from the UK or US releases.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-19 11:42 by Spud.

Re: German "Teldec" vinyl pressings
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 19, 2018 11:56

According to Discogs there're nearly 50 LP-releases by TELDEC (Telefunken-Decca Schallplatten GmbH, Hamburg) in the 1980s:

[www.Discogs.com]

Date: March 19, 2018 12:29

I have quite a few of them, and some of them are discussed here: [iorr.org]

Date: March 19, 2018 14:36

It's not the content or sleeves etc that intrigue me about these.

It's the sound quality. They're all typically nice flat and quiet German pressings but I'd be interested to know where the tapes came from and who mastered the vinyl.

The EQ is very different, with a slightly "scooped " feel.. a bit like the old MFSL Sticky Fingers balance .

[Interestingly , the German "Electrola" Exile I have also displays a similar character.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-19 14:37 by Spud.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 19, 2018 15:05

Spud

It's the sound quality. They're all typically nice flat and quiet German pressings but I'd be interested to know where the tapes came from and who mastered the vinyl.

There's a TELDEC-Museum in Nortorf: [www.Museum-Nortorf.de] - maybe they know something about their collaboration with DECCA, LONDON and RCA.

History of the Vinyl-Manufacturing at TELDEC: [www.Museum-Nortorf.de] (PDF in german - unfortunately w/o copyable text).

Date: March 19, 2018 15:10

Spud
It's not the content or sleeves etc that intrigue me about these.

The EQ is very different, with a slightly "scooped " feel.. a bit like the old MFSL Sticky Fingers balance .

[Interestingly , the German "Electrola" Exile I have also displays a similar character.]

What I know is that some of the mixes on the Box set, «The Rolling Stones Story» (not just the mastering) are different to that of the originals - both in terms of sound and fadings.

I have no idea where those mixes stem from, though.

Date: March 19, 2018 15:48

Thanks for that Dandy.

I'm not one of those "completist" collectors...but I am a bit of a sad anorak when it comes to the sonics of vinyl playback. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-19 16:04 by Spud.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 20, 2018 12:53

Great idea to dig into this story
I hope you'll find some information

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2307
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home