Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: From A. Korner to The All Star Band - Vol 04 "Alexis Light Orchestra" 05th June 1984 - Nottingham feat STU, CW , Jack Bruce, Jimmy PAGE ....etc...
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: November 29, 2017 13:08

ouf, no censored/uncensored version to do here
Stones Sidesteps: From Alexis Korner to The All Star Band
This is a series of shows provided by nzb to present the side project of some Stones-members (Ian 'Stu' Stewart, Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman), who accompanied and paid tribute to one of the fathers of English blues rock: Alexis Korner.
Thanks to nzb who provided us his recordings, to Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who gave critic and advise regarding my work and to my friend Riccardo (MrNo) who participated to a big part of my collection.

………………………………………………………………………………………….

Volume 04
« ALEXIS LIGHT ORCHESTRA »

5th June 1984: ALEXIS KORNER AND FRIENDS - Nottingham, England, Palais Ballroom.
Line-up: CW (dr)/STU (p)/Ruby Turner (voc)/Paul Jones (harm, voc)/Jimmy Page (gtr)/Jack Bruce (bass)/John Picard (tb)/Willie Garnett (sax)/Dick Heckstall-Smith (sax)/Don Weller (sax)
Note: Tribute to Alexis Korner in benefit for cancer research. Aired on a later date through UK Radio Trent.

Tracklist:
CD1:
01 - radio DJ intro
02 - Bring It On Home To Me (Sam Cooke)
03 - How Long, How Long Blues (Leroy Carr)
04 - Blue Monday (Antoine Domino/Dave Bartholomew)
05 - band introduction
06 - Stormy Monday (Aaron Thibeaux Walker)
07 - Splanky (Neal Hefti)
08 - Big Boss Man (Luther Dixon/Al Smith)
CD2:
01- My Country Man (Leroy Kirkland/Sidney Wyche)
02 - Million Dollar Secret (Helen Humes)
03 - River's Invitation (Percy Mayfield)
04 - Oh Lord, Don’t Let Them Drop That Atomic Bomb On Me (Charles Minus)
05 - Waiting For The Call (Jack Bruce/Peter Brown)
06 - Got My Moro Working (Preston Foster)
07- Everyday I Have The Blues (Peter Chatman)
08 - HoochieCoochie Man (Willie Dixon)
09 - thanks and outro
10 - bonus: radio presenter outro (mp3)

(infos taken from The Rolling Stones Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf
[nzentgraf.de]).

I got 3 versions for this show one from nzb, one from Jaap and one from the Led Zeppelin 8 CD-box « Strange Tales From The Road ». This last one had the clearest sound, is in stereo, but was lossy…
Thanks to a trader friend of nzb we finally got the stereo version in lossless format. I only edited the tracks (they came in two big files) and I upgraded the beginning/end of the cd-r's by adding a fade in/out. Here is Stu's piano work very good audible on the left channel.
The 2 first seconds of the intro are coming from the nzb’s version as it was missing on the other ones.
I reworked the balance: +50% to the right channel, then did an amplification of the sound (+7db).
Because there was a cut after “Big Boss Man” I choose to separate the 2 cd-r's at this point.
There’s two more fade ins/outs between “River’sInvitation” & “Oh Lord,…” and between “Everyday I Have The Blues” & “HoochieCoochie Man”.
“River’s Invitation was cut in two parts and around 2 minutes in the middle were lost in the stereo version. So I patched the gap with a part of nzb’s version (this is why the sound is mono after 1’45 and restarts in stereo at 3’45).
At the end of one of the mp3 stereo versions appears a little comment from the radio presenter, so I decided to add it as bonus (so that could be easily deleted by the mp3-allergics).

link valid until 06/12/17
[we.tl]
Posted on IORR by StonyRoad in November 2017

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: From A. Korner to The All Star Band - Vol 04 "Alexis Light Orchestra" 05th June 1984 - Nottingham feat STU, CW , Jack Bruce, Jimmy PAGE ....etc...
Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 29, 2017 14:20

Many thanks Norbert! smileys with beer

Re: POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: From A. Korner to The All Star Band - Vol 04 "Alexis Light Orchestra" 05th June 1984 - Nottingham feat STU, CW , Jack Bruce, Jimmy PAGE ....etc...
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 29, 2017 14:51

thumbs up

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: November 29, 2017 15:10

thnks! smileys with beer

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: November 30, 2017 01:58

Thanks

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: November 30, 2017 06:34

thanks mucho for all of these

Posted by: finn ()
Date: November 30, 2017 09:01

Thank You!

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: November 30, 2017 09:26

Thanks a lot!
CrazyMama

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: November 30, 2017 09:55

Thanks again Norbert. thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 30, 2017 12:00

Thanks
Jeroen

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: November 30, 2017 12:28

Thanks for the latest in the series. Great series and great artwork.

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: November 30, 2017 14:49

thanks a lot

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: December 2, 2017 16:42

thank you - much appreciated

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: December 2, 2017 23:51

Looks like a good one. Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home