Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Brussels '73 plus 5 more shows currently not yet named getting official release....................
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 17, 2011 22:48

"but what a bullshit to label it wrong. how many people, like me, will not buy it just because of the name, because they think they already have it."

They should have called it : "Brussels Fiasco. Everything You Always Wanted to Know About the late show* (*But Were Afraid to Ask)"

Re: Brussels '73 plus 5 more shows currently not yet named getting official release....................
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 17, 2011 22:54

falo01
Erik_Snow
falo01
wow, can it get any more boring ?

It could hardly be LESS boring, Falo !
All songs but 3, comes from the 2ND Brussels show! Incredible to hear these songs for the 1st time ever.....as you know; only 6 tracks were available in muddy quality, before
Heartbreaker here is breathtaking! So the 2nd Brussels show was a LOT hotter than we thought; based on the partial muddy bootleg recording

This is the best Rolling Stones release since Tattoo You in my opinion....I'm in heaven

ok, so this not the well known bruselles affair. then its a sensation !
but what a bullshit to label it wrong. how many people, like me, will not buy it just because of the name, because they think they already have it.

Yes I agree with you, they should have made that more clear

Date: November 17, 2011 22:56

axl79
How could this be happen ??
I'm dreaming or in the honky tonk heaven !

Finally the start to open the vaults, seriously !

Can't be more greatfull.

I'm listen to Dancing With Mr. D.

Channel separation is amzing with Keith on the right channel and Taylor on the left.
Bill Wyman Bass is all over .
This is the best live recording I ever heard !!!

A MUST FOR ALL STONES FANS

It's AMAZING indeed - what quality - and what a performance! I mean...nothing can top the 1st show; but good grief - they get close at the 2nd show; we've been very wrong; when basing our thoughts of the 2nd show on that DULL ;-) SBD recording we had. And listen to Heartbreaker here....with all those Taylor notes.....no words!

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 17, 2011 23:05

The sound is very, very good... goosebumbs

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:43

Anybody knows the setlist from wich show comes from each? I mean 1st or 2nd.

Date: November 18, 2011 01:53

adrianmfa2

From 1st: Brown Sugar, Midnight Rambler, and Street Fighting Man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 03:00 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:18

Erik_Snow
adrianmfa2

From 1st: Brown Sugar, Midnight Rambler, and Street Fighting Man. Plus...a little splice in beginning of All Down The Line

Thank you very much!

Posted by: slowhand ()
Date: November 18, 2011 03:48

Does anyone know how to get this in flac-lossless in the U.S.? The Google website only offers this in crappy mp3, apparently only people outside of the U.S. can get the flac version from StonesArchive.com. I'd love to get the flac files!

bbanderic

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 18, 2011 04:25

slowhand
Does anyone know how to get this in flac-lossless in the U.S.? The Google website only offers this in crappy mp3, apparently only people outside of the U.S. can get the flac version from StonesArchive.com. I'd love to get the flac files!

bbanderic

Nothing yet.
GoogleMusic has exclusive rights and they don't do FLAC. They wanna be iTuner
You might check the less reputable sites!

Or buy real estate in France!

Date: November 18, 2011 04:33

Munichhilton
slowhand

bbanderic

Nothing yet.

LOL...real estate is expensive in France, can't afford it!

I've been checking the less reputable sites...nothing yet...but I want to pay for it...really unfortunate it's not available in flac in the States...makes absolutely no sense.

bbanderic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 04:34 by slowhand.

Date: November 18, 2011 04:39

slowhand
Munichhilton
slowhand

bbanderic

Nothing yet.

I've been checking the less reputable sites...nothing yet...but I want to pay for it...really unfortunate it's not available in flac in the States...makes absolutely no sense.

I agree
I bought it on Google to support the project.
The MP3 version has microgaps between each track. 000.5 seconds...very annoying. In fact it reminds you, "Oh yeah, its MP3"

I said in another thread...that's the last MP3 show I will buy, but I'm trying to cover Jagger's Vault ransom by helping out.

Hopefully someone in the camp will get smart and realize lossless or customerless....

Posted by: astsu ()
Date: November 18, 2011 10:50

Hi Guys,
i´m totally confused now.
The "Brussels Affair" Bootlegs came from the 1st Show on 17th Oct.1973.

Is this now official recording the stones offer in their archives now ALSO the 1st show or is it the 2nd Show from that day ?
Or which songs cams from the 1st and which from the 2nd show ?

Thanks
Sean

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: November 18, 2011 10:55

I put him now in the newsgroups in flac !

Gr Ray

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 18, 2011 11:13

Munichhilton
slowhand
Munichhilton
slowhand

bbanderic

Nothing yet.

I agree
I bought it on Google to support the project.
The MP3 version has microgaps between each track. 000.5 seconds...very annoying. In fact it reminds you, "Oh yeah, its MP3"

I said in another thread...that's the last MP3 show I will buy, but I'm trying to cover Jagger's Vault ransom by helping out.

Hopefully someone in the camp will get smart and realize lossless or customerless....

If you get a program such as Nero 6 Ultra you can close these gaps by cross-fading the tracks....not as good as Flac obviously but better than gaps............

Posted by: edithgrove ()
Date: November 18, 2011 11:28

I would love to hear this in flac! Newsgroups?

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: November 18, 2011 12:17

edithgrove
I would love to hear this in flac! Newsgroups?

Look on Usenet

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 15:25

btw, seems to be a big mish mash of 1st & 2nd show,
not the big sensation I thought last night.
anybody had time yet to figure out which song is from which show ?

Date: November 18, 2011 15:40

falo01
btw, seems to be a big mish mash of 1st & 2nd show,
not the big sensation I thought last night.
anybody had time yet to figure out which song is from which show ?

Hi Falo, no there's no big mish mash
Brown Sugar, Midnight Rambler, Street Fighting Man + Taylor's first solo in All Down The Line (but not the rest of the band, only Taylor) from the 1st show.
Rest is 2nd show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 15:45 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 16:14

yes BS was the only song I checked.
anyway, 3 songs from a different show, maybe I´m too harsh.
and jesus, they mixed his solo into another version ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 16:22 by falo01.

Date: November 18, 2011 16:18

falo01
yes BS was the only songh I checked.
anyway, 3 songs from a different show, maybe I´m too harsh.
and jesus, they mixed his solo into another version ?

3 songs from the 1st - and 12 (!!) songs from the "unreleased show"....yes; I think you're being too harsh!

If you listen to the original All Down The Line ( "Back To The Graveyard" ) you'll hear that Taylor breaks a string in the beginning of the solo.
So they use a couple of seconds from 1st Brussels to fix it (otherwise, there wouldn't be any solo there....as Taylor is getting a new guitar on stage)
That was a very wise decision I think!
Better that; than getting the "1st show version" of ADTL - which we are so familiar with.

Posted by: itoon ()
Date: November 18, 2011 16:35

For me, it's all second show...!!! Except perhaps the larsen at the beginning of the show...
I listened closely once only. But comparing both show, you can see that the guitar licks and singing are very very similar for both shows. But the groove differs...

Date: November 18, 2011 16:40

itoon
For me, it's all second show...!!!

But...it's definately not.

Posted by: drahffir ()
Date: November 18, 2011 17:07

Keessie
I put him now in the newsgroups in flac !

Gr Ray

You are very generous, thank you!

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 17:18

downloading right now.
I'm listening to some of the tracks and can't stop my orgasms.
Just one word: Sublime!
Hope the next uploads is the 71 Tour.

Date: November 18, 2011 17:41

itoon
For me, it's all second show...!!! Except perhaps the larsen at the beginning of the show...
I listened closely once only. But comparing both show, you can see that the guitar licks and singing are very very similar for both shows. But the groove differs...

The beginning with Charlie's drum soundcheck is the same, and a dead giveaway is at the beginning of Midnight Rambler mick says 'We're very quick aren't we'.

So its almost all new, which is more than good enough!
Who knows, maybe they were changing the tape in the truck the 2nd nite and MR doesn't exist from then.

Great show...woohooo

Date: November 19, 2011 05:13

FLAC-lossless version now up at Demonoid smiling smiley

Posted by: itoon ()
Date: November 19, 2011 07:11

Erik_Snow
itoon
For me, it's all second show...!!!

But...it's definately not.

You're right Erik, I gave it a second listen.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 11:38

Anybody here is able to rework All down the line 2nd show with the original Taylor part, when he breaks the string?

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: November 19, 2011 21:56

Brown sugar is obviously a horns remix - did anyone verify if it is the SAME original horns remix?

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: November 20, 2011 02:54

Why cant US users download in FLAC?

SOUL

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home