Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wetransfer question
Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: July 9, 2017 03:15

What does everyone use to download WT links? They don't work in Jdownloader anymore and I'm waiting over a week for them to fix it. Chrome and Firefox browsers seem to take a long time with downloads. Just curious if there's another way I'm missing.

Re: Wetransfer question
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 9, 2017 03:55

gomper076
What does everyone use to download WT links? They don't work in Jdownloader anymore and I'm waiting over a week for them to fix it. Chrome and Firefox browsers seem to take a long time with downloads. Just curious if there's another way I'm missing.

I use Firefox with no problems..........although a 2 cd show usually takes about 20 - 30 mns depending on when I download...........

I guess that's a long time compared with Fibre but I don't mind, I just make a cup of tea or do something else for a while........

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 9, 2017 04:55

gomper076

...that's why you are always asking for reuploads?

Believe me it takes me more time here with my poor conection to download something, but I do have the patience to wait the necessary time until it's finished and even start once or more times all again but most important is having the respect to the share's, uploaders and reuploaders. SOrry, nothing against you or anybody...just my point of view.

Posted by: ade ()
Date: July 9, 2017 09:37

i'd say we transfer has slowed slightly for me in the last few months 1gb will usually take 20 minutes where it took 15 before. But they definitely have altered something at their end as well because i know people with really fast connections who've had uploads fail at the end.

Date: July 9, 2017 12:48

When Its hot out my WiFi keeps going off and on so when I use Jdownloader I can resume the downloads where I left off instead of starting from the beginning with a browser.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: July 9, 2017 12:52

I downloaded a 389.63 Mb file from FileFactory and then uploaded it to Wetransfer.
Next I downloaded the file again from FF and from WT.
Filefactory (premium) took 44 Sec to download, WT (no premium) took 50 sec flat.
(I used Firefox)

Remember that WT is a free service (with a premium (paying) service available and that paying customers get the best service, while free users will sometimes have to have some patience...

If someone has an alternative, please let us know!

Chris from Belgium

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-09 13:46 by coowouters.

Posted by: ade ()
Date: July 9, 2017 16:04

i'd never advocate leaving wetransfer. if it offered permanent or even say three month storage most other file hosts would be out of business overnight.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 9, 2017 16:16

coowouters

If someone has an alternative, please let us know!

I like 1fichier. It's fast even for free users and links remain alive as long as they're somone to click on them once every 60 days.

But in the end it's the upoaders who call the shots not the persons who beg for a show winking smiley so if WT is fine with them.

Posted by: joguema ()
Date: July 9, 2017 16:26

How about Google Drive as an alternative?

I have several accounts under different names and each account lets me store 15 GB.

Date: July 9, 2017 18:08

With 1Fichier, you have to wait 1 minute before your download starts if you have no subscription. The download itself took 3 minutes and 40 seconds (for the 389.63 Mb I used with FF and WT, see my previous post). Total download time: 4 minutes and 40 seconds.

Google Drive was fast; 35 seconds for that file, but I don't like Google; I believe there are security issues and because there is a 1 Gb limit, you'll have to delete files when you get there. And having X accounts will drive you mad if you have to keep track of all your uploads.

Chris from Belgium

Date: July 9, 2017 21:31

I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't saying to use something other than WT. I just wanted to know if there might be anything besides Jdown and browsers to use while I'm waiting for Jdown to fix the bug with WT. I like WT.

Date: July 9, 2017 21:49

gomper076
I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't saying to use something other than WT. I just wanted to know if there might be anything besides Jdown and browsers to use while I'm waiting for Jdown to fix the bug with WT. I like WT.

Aren't there any other download managers available?
I don't know with which browser you use with JDown and if you're on Mac or Windows.

Chris from Belgium

Date: July 10, 2017 01:10

I'm on Windows. I like Jdown because you don't have to start over if the download gets interrupted. I see it's on their list to fix so looks like I have to be patient.

Date: July 10, 2017 06:13

gomper076
I'm on Windows. I like Jdown because you don't have to start over if the download gets interrupted. I see it's on their list to fix so looks like I have to be patient.

It is probably worthwhile to find out the cause of some of your downloads being interrupted.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had a download interrupted. Definitely not from reliable servers such as those used by WeTransfer. Maybe because I use a hard wired connection or the operating system / software or maybe because I am fortunate enough to have a fiber-based internet provider .... or perhaps a combination of the above.

Date: July 10, 2017 07:08

When Its hot out my WiFi keeps going out. Its better at night actually.

Date: July 15, 2017 01:35

So I had my Wetransfer problem fixed and thanks to utility work outside my cable line was cut and I had to have it replaced and now my WiFi doesn't keep going out anymoredrinking smiley

Date: July 15, 2017 14:11

gomper076
So I had my Wetransfer problem fixed and thanks to utility work outside my cable line was cut and I had to have it replaced and now my WiFi doesn't keep going out anymoredrinking smiley

At home I switched back from WiFi to cable; drilled a hole to our cellar next to my PC and used a cable to connect my PC to my (WiFi) modem. Speed shot up immensely! (normal of course)

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 19, 2017 21:15

coowouters
I don't like Google ... I believe there are security issues

What security issues?

Date: July 19, 2017 21:34

schillid
coowouters
I don't like Google ... I believe there are security issues

What security issues?

Google has the bad habit to share some of your personal stuff; just do a search for something and within a couple of days you get ads for that equipment you were looking for while visiting certain websites.

Chris from Belgium

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1421
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home