Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ventilator blues from Clean cuts vol 2
Posted by: getorte ()
Date: October 13, 2011 22:49

Please,anybody can tell me from what session is taken Ventilator blues (Clean cuts vol 2, track 11, length = 3'51). It's not the official track nor any take of Dallas rehearsals). In this track Mick start to sing a bit too early;it seems to be a clean studio take, not rehearsal.

Re: Ventilator blues from Clean cuts vol 2
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: October 14, 2011 03:53

It's not from any session. Clean Cuts are remixes, not done by the Stones though

Date: October 14, 2011 11:57

Thank you Vox12string, I know Clean cuts are remixes, but to do a remix, an original recording is needed, and I don't find anywhere a take with Mick's false start.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 14, 2011 12:56

according to liederblüte:
211 Ventilator Blues: July10-late July+Oct.14-Nov.23,1971 RSM,Nellcote,Villefrance

not too specific, I'm afraid

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: October 15, 2011 11:24

Okay, they've used the official release from Exiles.
First, they've slowed it down
Next, they've taken the first two guitar measures (without cymbals) & spliced them to make 4 measures.
Next, they've taken the next 2 guitar measures with cymbals & spliced it to make -
3 guitar measures with cymbals- Mick's 'when your'- 1 more guitar measure with cymbals.

It's quite easy to do with even a 5 year old computor which is what I have, it took me about 5 minutes to do this version of the intro, only 500k so should take less than a minute to download. -

[www.megaupload.com]

Date: October 15, 2011 11:38

Thank you for your explanations Vox12string, now it's perfectly clear

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1392
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home