Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: 13 July 1978 "Some Girls in New Orleans..." Warning mix of sources Frankenstein production n°15
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: November 19, 2016 19:33

New Orleans July 13th, 1978
« Some Girls in New Orleans and other cities »
I got two versions
- « Black Girls Just Liked to Get f*** All Night » but it’s uncomplete (18 tracks)
- « New Orleans 1978 » complete version download on IORR but the sound/specter is not so good and lots of defaults remains.
- « Sweet Little Sixteen » from « Any Port In A Storm » VGP 308
So I decided to make my own version, another Frankenstein monster (the n°15).
• I added as intro the video taking from the « American Tour 1978 » (Wonderland WLR 2129) where the journalist is speaking on « When The Whip Comes Down» from New Orleans
• I rework a little the tracks :
- They’re was sound variations that I try to upgrade (example on « All Down The Line », or « Just My Imagination »
- « When The Whip Comes Down » & « Beast Of Burden » was in one only track, now they’re separated.
- Some defaults that I remove: for example on the beginning of track 5, 20 seconds are repeated and idem in the beginning of track 7! Gaps in the beginning & end of « Tumbling Dice »
- Between « Miss You » and « Just My Imagination » and between « Sweet Little Sixteen » & « Brown Sugar » the gaps were too big (the first seconds of « Brown Sugar» are lost): I make a fade in/out.
- Some « plops » or « blips » now removed.
- The biggest problem was on « Let It Rock » that got only one channel after 1’34: I duplicate the remains channel, the result is real better!
• I decided to add some TV & Radio flashes from this era. They’re coming from a cdr receiving years ago called « 1978 US tour – TV & FM news –clips ». Take them as a bonus because they‘re not from New Orleans (but from the Passaic) but I find them interesting; if you dislike or are boring by this reports you can easily remove them.
• Last I create an artwork, using from the front the Some Girls Original Artwork By Hubert Kretzschmar

link valid until 26/11/16
[we.tl]

Norbert

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: 13 July 1978 "Some Girls in New Orleans..." Warning mix of sources Frankenstein production n°15
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 19, 2016 21:20

Thanks

Re: POST: 13 July 1978 "Some Girls in New Orleans..." Warning mix of sources Frankenstein production n°15
Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: November 20, 2016 00:37

Thanks!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: November 20, 2016 12:16

thank you

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 21, 2016 00:13

Thanks Norbert for sharing your Frankenstein Production n°15!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 21, 2016 00:54

Thanks Norbert

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1184
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home