Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: 19 July 1978 Houston complete show, compilation of sources
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: May 2, 2016 21:48

19 july 1978 Houston
"Working On Houston Puzzle"

11 tracks from this show appears in lots of boots ( I found 14 on my collection but I saw 53 on dbboots !) ……… because they’re were used for the KBFH broadcast on 24/06/79. I make quickly a first selection of the best ones.
My favourite are the « Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others » (HR5985 – 1) , « Handome Girls» by Dandelion records, « Gorgeous Girl » (Sister Morphine SM 024) is also very good but it’s a little saturated (so I reduce a little the amplification to improv the hearing confort).
Anyway all this compilatinos are real puzzles because the songs begin often by introduction coming from an other show….not easy to restaure all the intro, comments etc…
8 tracks on 19 don’t appears in sdb so their all coming from the « Houston’78 » complete show but they ‘re here speed/pitch corrected : speed reduction -8% and a half tone (I use the tracks that are also on others versions to control the real speed/pitch).
Sometimes I use only patch from the audience source to complete between 2 sdb tracks (for example the intro for « Lies »)
Some defaults from the audience version are solved but some remains
- sometimes the transitions between tracks are raw.
- Some secondes miss at the end of « Love In Vain »and at the end of « Just My Imagination » (end of the cd n°1)
- on « Tumbling Dice » M. J. forget the words but when he’s saying « Sorry Keith I forget the F**** words » the word « F**** » is replace by a gap !!! and there also others little defaults on this funny version.

Last, I create an artwork for this compilation… with always in mind the puzzle work it was !
[we.tl]
link valid until 09/05/2016

Norbert O.

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: 19 July 1978 Houston complete show, compilation of sources
Posted by: Andrea82 ()
Date: May 2, 2016 22:30

Thank you!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 2, 2016 23:42

thanks good work.it is alwways intresting of mixing the various best sources

to make a complete concert.

tumbling dice the audience version can you post it, so i can mix in the missing-

censored on the soundboard version ?

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 2, 2016 23:51

sorry found it

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 3, 2016 07:55

Thank you for taking the time Norbert.

Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: May 3, 2016 09:02

thank you one more time

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 3, 2016 16:38

Many thanks Norbert!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 3, 2016 16:55

thumbs up

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 3, 2016 20:22

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-03 21:29 by midnrambler.

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: May 3, 2016 21:10

midnrambler
I made the same combination already some years ago (and also for Lexington 1978) but with much smoother crossfaded transitions between the sources. Here the transitions are simply awful and very abrupt. It hurts my ears, sorry. Also my audience recording sounds a little better (though it may be the same source) and is more complete. I am pretty sure that I uploaded it (and Lexington) on a torrent site, so some people should already have it. I made the same with London 1973 btw.
I am sorry and disappointed to read such a comment. OK it may be awkward, but I tried to do my best.
Norbert

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 4, 2016 11:36

it could have been said in a more friendly way and more like using this or that tool you would have got a much better result etc etc .......more in a way of advice than burning down the results of a fellow stonesfan.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: May 5, 2016 12:17

My cousin was at this show. He said the band was horrible. Also, of note is the fan who fell out of the stands onto his head during Shattered.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1722
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home