Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Book: I Was There: The Rolling Stones Live: 500 Fans' Eyewitness Accounts (Paperback – 4 Mar 2016)
Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 28, 2016 16:16

Re: Book: I Was There: The Rolling Stones Live: 500 Fans' Eyewitness Accounts (Paperback – 4 Mar 2016)
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 28, 2016 16:32

... There are already at least a couple of fans'-eye-view books, no?
Our very own Angee's book: [www.amazon.co.uk]
And one before that that I think was called Love You Live?

Re: Book: I Was There: The Rolling Stones Live: 500 Fans' Eyewitness Accounts (Paperback – 4 Mar 2016)
Date: February 28, 2016 16:40

with sssoul

Yes there are others. This might of course contain contributions from iorrians too

Posted by: TE ()
Date: February 28, 2016 16:45

You could have made one post. Instead of being deleted/merged.

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-28 16:48 by TE.

Date: February 28, 2016 16:50

These books are quite different. Are the supposed to be discussed in the same thread?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 28, 2016 16:56

Maybe you could start a Stones Book Talk series, with once a week discussions.
Although it's difficult to discuss things that haven't come out yet ...
(Are you a publishing agent or ... ?)

Date: February 28, 2016 17:10

with sssoul
Maybe you could start a Stones Book Talk series, with once a week discussions.
Although it's difficult to discuss things that haven't come out yet ...
(Are you a publishing agent or ... ?)

That might be an idea. Of course it's difficult to discuss something that haven't been published yet. But often people on this board have information - for instance contributors to "I was there". An quite often it's nice to be aware of fortcoming stuff me thinks.

(and no I'm not a book agent I have no economic interests in these books (quite the contrary))

Book: 1971 - Never a Dull Moment: Rock's Golden Year (Hardcover – 7 Apr 2016)
Date: February 28, 2016 16:12

This forthcoming book about the year 1971 in rock music (with Stones on the cover) might be interesting:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

"The Sixties ended a year late – on New Year's Eve 1970, when Paul McCartney initiated proceedings to wind up The Beatles. Music would never be the same again.
The next day would see the dawning of a new era. 1971 saw the release of more monumental albums than any year before or since and the establishment of a pantheon of stars to dominate the next forty years – Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Marvin Gaye, Carole King, Joni Mitchell, Rod Stewart, the solo Beatles and more.
January that year fired the gun on an unrepeatable surge of creativity, technological innovation, blissful ignorance, naked ambition and outrageous good fortune. By December rock had exploded into the mainstream.
How did it happen? This book tells you how. It's the story of 1971, rock’s golden year."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-28 17:40 by GetYerAngie.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 29, 2016 06:46

with sssoul

True! Thanks, withsssoul. smileys with beer Mine includes stories from IORR'ians, as some of you know. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home