Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Does Anyone Know What I Record I Have Acquired
Posted by: LeemingStone ()
Date: January 22, 2016 22:42

Recently I acquired an extensive prog / rock collection from an old friend. In amongst all the Focus, Gentle Giant etc records was a Stones 33 rpm album with no markings and plain white labels. The recording is a live recording with the following setlist: Side 1 - Jumping Jack Flash, Torn & Frayed, Sympathy For The Devil. Side 2 - Stray Cat Blues, Love in Vain, Prodigal Son, Under My Thumb. I am lost as to which bootleg this might be and was hoping someone could help me out. Thanks in advance.

Re: Does Anyone Know What I Record I Have Acquired
Date: January 22, 2016 22:54

Definitely from 1969. Could you post some rips so some of our trained ears on the board can give you a date and place?

Date: January 22, 2016 23:00

Thanks for getting back, I will try and upload some of tracks. It sounds like someone recorded it and maybe transferred it to vinyl at some point. You can hear members of the audience talking ins some parts and Mick sounds a bit distant at times.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 22, 2016 23:05

Torn and Frayed must be from the Vancouver 1972 show, no?

Date: January 22, 2016 23:20

I think it might be before then as Mick introduces Love in Vain as a song from the new album. I would take that to be Let it Bleed around 69.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 22, 2016 23:37

I think Torn and Frayed debuted at that Vancouver show, but certainly almost all the rest of the songs were regulars on the 1969 tour.

Date: January 22, 2016 23:53

Yeah, my fault! I was skimming and say 'Under My Thumb' with 'Love In Vain' and figured 1969, didn't see 'Torn & Frayed'. Alright, one track down, six to go! grinning smiley

Date: January 22, 2016 23:56

I'm thinking 69 due to the Let It Bleed reference. I just don't know if it is an official bootleg or something that someone cobbled together.

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 23, 2016 12:29

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-24 23:11 by midnrambler.

Date: January 23, 2016 19:21

LeemingStone
I'm thinking 69 due to the Let It Bleed reference. I just don't know if it is an official bootleg or something that someone cobbled together.

I'm guessing it's not an official bootleg, just since they started those in 2011 and it wouldn't have a white label...

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: January 27, 2016 06:21

The matrix numbers on the dead wax would help a lot.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: January 27, 2016 06:27

Only possibility I see in my Hot Wacks Book XIII is the first LP from the 2LP "Live In Detroit" boot.

That's the only 69 vinyl boot listed with only three songs on the first side beginning with JJF and ending with SFTD.

(assuming 'Torn & Frayed' is actually 'Carol' and that 'You Gotta Move' is unlisted after 'Prodigal Son' on side 2)

J

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-27 06:35 by JMARKO.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home