Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Leicester - Granby Hall May 15th 1976 - Anyone have the video?
Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: August 6, 2013 13:30

This was my first Stones concert. I understand some video may be available from a TV Broadcast "Stones On The Road" - and that it can be found on the DVD "From UK To Germany 1976".

I know it was available on Dime in the past, but isn't there anymore.

Can anyone point me to where I can find a copy please?

I've already downloaded the audio version from the Stonesvault/File Factory - but would like to track the video down.

Thanks in anticipation. smiling smiley

Stoneman333

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-06 18:00 by stoneman333.

Re: Leicester - Granby Hall May 15th 1976 - Anyone have the video?
Date: August 6, 2013 16:47

Judging by the Artwork on Stonesvault it looks as though this footage is also available on the DVD "Stones on the Road".

So, once again, any help in tracking either of these DVDs down would be much appreciated.

Stoneman333

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-06 18:01 by stoneman333.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 7, 2013 17:19

I have fond memories of that show at De Montfort Hall.

I went with a mate who came out thinking that Hey Negrita was called "Hit the Geetar"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-07 17:23 by Spud.

Posted by: Youngie ()
Date: August 8, 2013 23:31

Is this it?

Date: August 9, 2013 00:59

Youngie

Is this it?

Hi Youngie - thanks for this. Yes, I think it's possibly part of what I was looking for - but unfortunately not the whole story.

This video seems to end abruptly in Star Star - but there isn't much of the actual concert shown - only a very short clip of Honky Tonk - and then this small part of Star Star. From what I've seen of the cover notes of the DVDs "From UK To Germany 1976", and/or "Stones on the Road", it seems as though there should also be short clips of Midnight Rambler, It's Only Rock 'n' Roll, Brown Sugar and Jumping Jack Flash - all from this Leicester concert on 15th May 1976.

So, once again, thanks for pointing this Youtube video out to me - but I think I'll have to keep on looking either for a more complete version of this documentary - or either of the 2 DVDs mentioned above

Date: August 9, 2013 11:08

Just to say, following Youngie's lead I went back and searched my own DVD collection a bit more carefully, and realised I already have this documentary on a D-Stone double DVD set I got in a trade many years ago. Details are here:

[www.geetarz.org]

The documentary isn't brilliant quality, but seems to be more or less complete at about 27 minutes. It gives the impression of having been transferred from VHS tape.

I can stop looking for my Granby Hall footage - unless a better quality version turns up, of course. smiling smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 9, 2013 14:22

Good documentary that. thumbs up

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: August 19, 2013 00:04

Nice version of Street Fighting Man.
Isn't this also the gig where Clapton joined them for "Key To The Highway"?

Posted by: Youngie ()
Date: September 16, 2013 17:32

stoneman333
Just to say, following Youngie's lead I went back and searched my own DVD collection a bit more carefully, and realised I already have this documentary on a D-Stone double DVD set I got in a trade many years ago. Details are here:

[www.geetarz.org]

The documentary isn't brilliant quality, but seems to be more or less complete at about 27 minutes. It gives the impression of having been transferred from VHS tape.

I can stop looking for my Granby Hall footage - unless a better quality version turns up, of course. smiling smiley

thumbs up

So you were actually at that concert?

Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: September 17, 2013 00:40

stevecardi

Yes, it is..Clapton also played on 2 other songs; he also played on J.J. Flash & Street Fighting Man. Videos probably exist in a vault somewhere of more of the show, maybe to be released some day. An audio of the show with "Key" is around for sure. BTW..'Key To the Highway" was not part of the encore but came in during the middle of the show.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 17, 2013 00:43

VideoJames
stevecardi

Yes, it is..Clapton also played on 2 other songs; he also played on J.J. Flash & Street Fighting Man. Videos probably exist in a vault somewhere of more of the show, maybe to be released some day. An audio of the show with "Key" is around for sure. BTW..'Key To the Highway" was not part of the encore but came in during the middle of the show.
oh really what show was that

Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: September 17, 2013 00:54

Godxofxrock9
VideoJames
stevecardi

oh really what show was that

It was the May 15th 1976 Leicester - Granby Hall show, a friend attended the show, I did not attend it but I have the audio from it with "Key To the Highway " on it. Still looking for the video with that track.

Date: January 15, 2016 18:26

Youngie
stoneman333

[www.geetarz.org]

thumbs up

So you were actually at that concert?

Hi Youngie,

I've just been browsing some old posts, and realised I never answered your question from September 2013 sad smiley Only a couple of years late - but yes, I was at the Leicester Granby Hall concert when Clapton guested. It was my first Stones concert - and I'm still trying to track down either a complete audio or video version of it.

Can anyone help?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home