Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Fade Outs
Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: November 10, 2015 02:43

A great early Stones track is 2120 South Michigan Avenue, which appears to be available in two studio versions. The first is the commercial issue on the 5x5 EP, which fades out, and the second is the same track which continues beyond the earlier fade with a couple of minutes of jamming before it also fades out. Obviously, the full track was kept and eventually made available in the longer version.

This made me wonder what other early tracks, in extended or longer versions, might be available.

For example, Baby What's Wrong fades out during a terrific harp passage which may have continued and been equally as good but remains unheard. Likewise, Stewed and Keefed is a fantastic blues jam with wonderful playing from Stu but this fades out too soon also.

Does anyone know of any longer versions of any of the band's early tracks and what might have happened to the tapes.

Personally, I would rather listen to even a couple of minutes of extra footage from this era than countless recordings of recent live stadium shows. Just saying.

Re: Fade Outs
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 10, 2015 18:55

I'm not sure. If you listed the times of these songs I could see if I have anything longer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1196
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home