Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: any idea how to track down clean copy of cool 1970s Levi's commercial?
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 14, 2015 15:33

hi there -- I know this is a random question, but there are so many people on iorr (even lurking these days...self included...I think this October is the busiest month I can ever remember, but I digress) with many talents and areas of knowledge and expertise I am going to ask.

I'm doing a presentation for a client and want to include 2 old TV commercials.
Do you have any ideas for how/where to find a clean/clear copy of old commercials? I already checked with Levi's archivist and historian, and they do not have them.

We loved this commercial when it came out a million years ago, even singing it on the playground and on the bus -- do you remember it?

I'd also love to include this even more psychedelic commercial.

The audience is people mainly in their 20s---so it's even more important to have the video quality look good. Crappy wavy bleached out 7th generation copies just look "old" and therefore irrelevant, it will be hard to convey my point with crap quality.

Any suggestions joyfully and gratefully accepted.

thanks
- swiss

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-16 04:21 by swiss.

Re: OT: any idea how to track down clean copy of cool 1970s Levi's commercial?
Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: October 14, 2015 16:22

this one?

search the ->archive?<-

->1970 levis the stranger<-

->10 more<-

->levis on yt<-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-14 16:50 by j.b.goode.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: October 14, 2015 17:33

Is there anything our members can't find? grinning smiley

Chris from Belgium

Date: October 14, 2015 22:05

coowouters

You know? It was a long-shot, but this is a large gathering of people.

Thank you so much, j.b.goode! The stop-action-animation "Haw Haw" commercial is the one. I am thinking maybe, for some reason, the YouTube clips I posted aren't displaying on your computer. I did find that "print" of that one, and it is just too fuzzy--I'm trying to find a source that has much clearer quality.

The one from the internet archive is a better "print" than what I had found on youtube.

I'm thinking there must be some source I'm overlooking for really well-preserved commercials. Tho, I suppose TV commercials were seen even by their creators as ephemeral? rather than bellwethers or snapshots of culture at any given time?

Thanks again for your help!

- swiss

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 14, 2015 22:16

swiss
coowouters

Thank you so much, j.b.goode! The stop-action-animation "Haw Haw" commercial is the one. I am thinking maybe, for some reason, the YouTube clips I posted aren't displaying on your computer. I did find that "print" of that one, and it is just too fuzzy--I'm trying to find a source that has much clearer quality.

The one from the internet archive is a better "print" than what I had found on youtube.

I'm thinking there must be some source I'm overlooking for really well-preserved commercials. Tho, I suppose TV commercials were seen even by their creators as ephemeral? rather than bellwethers or snapshots of culture at any given time?

- swiss

They are not displaying on mine either.......wasn't there some problem with videos that came about thyhe last time bv 'upgraded' iorr & his systems?

Date: October 15, 2015 10:37

EddieByword
swiss
coowouters

- swiss

They are not displaying on mine either.......wasn't there some problem with videos that came about thyhe last time bv 'upgraded' iorr & his systems?

I feel like there was some "workaround" but I don't remember what it is smiling smiley

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: October 15, 2015 12:17

swiss
EddieByword

I feel like there was some "workaround" but I don't remember what it is smiling smiley

embedded (yt-) flash video's don't play on this site since the system upgrade.
since then i use the ip address url tag
["url=ip adress]your naming["/url]
without the "

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 15, 2015 15:30

swiss
EddieByword
swiss
coowouters

- swiss

In Google Chrome you need to "load unsafe scripts" by clicking on the shield at the top right of the address bar. IE and Firefox have similar work arounds.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: October 16, 2015 04:25

j.b.goode
embedded (yt-) flash video's don't play on this site since the system upgrade.
since then i use the ip address url tag
["url=ip adress]your naming["/url]
without the "

Thanks j.b.goode, dang...didn't work. I am running out of time, so have to leave it be for now. Thanks again - swiss

Date: October 16, 2015 04:26

Deltics
s/Unsafe%20scripts%201_zps0no0ulbd.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Thank you so much, Deltics!

I know how to view it myself -- and I posted screenshots and instructions in July -- but don't know how to encode it when I post vids.

ah well - thanks again!
swiss

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home