Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Help With Burning DVDs
Date: August 21, 2015 21:10

Hey everyone. You would think I'd know by now, but I still have little idea on how to burn a DVD (like ones you buy at stores). I (sort of) successfully burnt a DVD of all the 1970s promo videos (compiled by me) with WDVDM, and popped it in the DVD player. I was pleased with the overall result, but when I tried watching any of the videos and used the 'Skip' option, it only skipped a minute forward into the video. I found out that they had cut each video into five 'mini-chapters', making it slightly frustrating to watch happily. Is there ant way to stop this from happening on Windows DVD Maker, or do I need another program?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-21 21:59 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Re: OT: Help With Burning DVDs
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 21, 2015 21:33

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Hey everyone. You would think I'd know by now, but I still have little idea on how to burn a DVD (like ones you buy at stores). I (sort of) successfully burnt a DVD of all the 1970s promo videos (compiled by me) with WMM, and popped it in the DVD player. I was pleased with the overall result, but when I tried watching any of the videos and used the 'Skip' option, it only skipped a minute forward into the video. I found out that they had cut each video into five 'mini-chapters', making it slightly frustrating to watch happily. Is there ant way to stop this from happening on Windows Movie Maker, or do I need another program?

Is there a menu for chapters making (or marking) in the program?.....My DVD stand alone recorder has this, the default position with me is automatic chapter marking @ 10 mins. I can alter this to suit or switch it off completely and just put marks at the end of each song.......

I would imagine you have something like this somewhere in the program.........

Date: August 21, 2015 22:06

It doesn't give me an option for that, at least none that I can see.

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: August 21, 2015 23:49

wmm and/or wdvdm don't have that option
so yes, you need another program.

for instance:
dvdstyler
ps:look for the portable version so you won't have malware

some other progs for authoring dvd

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: August 21, 2015 23:52

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Hey everyone. You would think I'd know by now, but I still have little idea on how to burn a DVD (like ones you buy at stores). I (sort of) successfully burnt a DVD of all the 1970s promo videos (compiled by me) with WDVDM, and popped it in the DVD player. I was pleased with the overall result, but when I tried watching any of the videos and used the 'Skip' option, it only skipped a minute forward into the video. I found out that they had cut each video into five 'mini-chapters', making it slightly frustrating to watch happily. Is there ant way to stop this from happening on Windows DVD Maker, or do I need another program?

Hi BeforeTheyMakeMeRun,

Are you getting same issue when playing these DVD's on a Media Player from your computer?

Not exactly understanding your question:

If the program you used to make these DVD's allows you to make chapters you can choose how long you want each chapter for example every 5 or 10 minutes. You can also make each video as a chapter.

If the program does not give y0u any options to set the duration of each chapters but sets one for you by default it would be best to us another program.

In my experience I had used a program that gave me no chpaters but in default there was 1 and when i went to re-do it with another program to add menu and chapters for each 5 minutes duration it would not allow me. I had to do it allover.

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: August 22, 2015 21:16

For me the best program (for non-professionals) for authoring DVDs is TMPGEnc DVD Authoring Works. But this program isn't for free you can buy it for 100 $: [www.pegasys-inc.com].
My experiences with free programs: All of them have a lot of weaknesses!

See also discussion here:
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 00:31

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun, I know what you mean. I have a program (DVDStyler) that defaults chapter points at fixed intervals into longer clips. I can get rid of them with one highlight and pressing "delete". They can be got rid of for good by changing default chapter length to 0 in configuration/settings. Hopefully there's somewhere in your program where you can make your preferred choice about chapter points, either in setup or your specific compilation. It's not a good program if it forces arbitrary chapter points without ability to remove them if you want. DVDStyler is free and very easy to use. Check it out. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-23 00:35 by stonesman87.

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: August 23, 2015 06:19

I too use DVDStyler and works fine for me.
I especially love it for making my own menues and chapters the way i want them to appear. Plus it's free and it can be installed or download the portable version which can be used without being installed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1093
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home