Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Date: July 9, 2015 20:02

While searching the web yesterday, I came across a gem... a Bobby Keys concert with the Suffering B@$tards from 2012. The performance is at someplace in Buffalo, NY called Nietzsche's, and the date of the show is October 20, 2012. It is a great soundboard recording of a great show, with Bobby Keys announcing most (if not all) of the songs before they play them, along with little comments and facts every now and then.

From the website/Info text document included:

The Suffering Bastards are no run of the mill band… With Dan Baird, guitarist/founder of the Georgia Satellites and Brad Pemberton from Ryan Adams & The Cardinals on drums along with Robert Kearns (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Poco keyboardist Michael Webb and guitarist Chark Von Kinsolving, this is not just your average touring band but a group of pros, backing a man they know is responsible for some of the most revered sax lines in rock history.

Thanks to bigdaddybflo who recorded the show; and to Drgiggles1 for sharing the tracks at The Traders’ Den.

Lineage:
SBD > Tascam DR-7 @ 24bit 48 kHZ
Transfer: SD card > hdd
Audio Software: Adobe Audition 3.0 (Gain) > CDWAVE (tracking) > WAV > TLH > Flac level 8

Disc 1/Set 1
Track 1. Pre-Show 3:00
Track 2. Live With Me (The Rolling Stones cover) 5:00
Track 3. The Letter (The Box Tops cover) 6:42
Track 4. The Wanderer (Dion DiMucci cover) 3:58
Track 5. Sweet Virginia (The Rolling Stones cover) 6:38
Track 6. Harlem Nocturne (King Curtis cover) 8:04
Track 7. You Look Like I Could Use A Drink (Dan Baird cover) 5:58
Track 8. Brown Sugar (The Rolling Stones cover) 4:29
44 mins

Disc 2/Set 2
Track 1. Pre Set 1:38
Track 2. Whatever Gets You Thru The Night (John Lennon cover) 4:14
Track 3. Bitch (The Rolling Stones cover) 4:34
Track 4. Soul Serenade (King Curtis cover) 19:18
Track 5. What Is Life (George Harrison cover) 5:36
Track 6. Delta Lady (Leon Russell cover) 4:40
Track 7. Can’t You Hear Me Knocking (The Rolling Stones cover) 9:30
Track 8. Happy (The Rolling Stones cover) 3:44
54 min.

Lineup:
Bobby Keys - saxophone
Dan Baird - vocals, guitar
Brad Pemberton - drums
Michael Webb - keyboards
Robert Kearns - bass
Chark Von Kinsolving - guitar

WeTransfer Link...Valid Until JULY 16th, 2015.

Re: Post: Bobby Keys In Buffalo 2012
Posted by: Martijnstone ()
Date: July 9, 2015 21:00

Great! You are the best.
thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 10, 2015 12:03

thanks..
jeroen

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 10, 2015 16:15

Listening to it now. Great stuff. Last time i saw Bobby was Stockholm, July 1 2014.
Great stones gig.
thanks bobby, for your good fun and being a great person and for your Music.

one Love

Jeroen

Date: July 10, 2015 18:18

Not a problem. smiling smiley I'll be adding it to MEGA soon.

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: July 11, 2015 19:28

Thanx for the show! But what happened to the flac files promised in the info text? Here are some sh**** mp3...
Real pity to downgrade a soundboard recording...

Date: July 12, 2015 06:20

fortilix
Thanx for the show! But what happened to the flac files promised in the info text? Here are some sh**** mp3...
Real pity to downgrade a soundboard recording...

First off, fortilix, not a problem! Secondly, please explain to me how this SOUNDBOARD recording is, paraphrasing your terms, sub-par? Can you clearly hear the main instruments, if not more? Is there clicking in your download of the files (which, for the record, are fine on my PC)? How is it bad? To answer your question, the website I downloaded these from (see the reference link in the Info document) posts only in MP3.

To also paraphrase what one Guitar101 user has as a signature, "It costs nothing for me to share this, and nothing for you to download it. Take it or leave it." I suppose I could go through and 're-flac' the files for you, if you want...? Or you could do that if you wish. Up to you.

Date: July 12, 2015 10:12

Hi BTMMR

I didn't want to offense you in any way!

The info file you provide describes Flac files so these should be LOSSLESS. That means high quality. And in your post I don't see any reference link to the site explaining the MP3 only.
all I see is:
Audio Software: Adobe Audition 3.0 (Gain) > CDWAVE (tracking) > WAV > TLH > Flac level 8

So the original is 24/48 which means HD resolution! It has been downgraded to wav and then to flac.

And the to MP3 by this site owner who certainly downloaded it from the trader's den (which by the way doesn't allow mp3...)

MP3 are lossy, that means nearly up to 90% of the quality is definitively lost (it depends on the mp3 bit rate). Forever! It has nothing to do with "clicks" or the distinction of the instruments!!! All the lows and the highs are removed and what remains is compressed to death. Thant's how mp3s are done to lower the size of the file. If you "reflac" lossy MP3, you won't be able to gain quality as the quality has been lost in the Flac to MP3 conversion... All you will get is a bigger file for the same lossy music...
Same difference as if you eat in a 5 stars restaurant or in a fast food.

And a big Mac in a top notch restaurant will still be a big Mac... Except for the price!!!

All you could have written is that your files are MP3 and not Flac. Just to be clear!

But it is no problem! I did thank you for the upload, didn't I?

I think that now that hard drives are so cheap, it is nonsense to spare space with lossy MP3 that are an insult to audiophile as long as the lossless Flac files exist.
Well, that's just my opinion. I just can't understand that people are happy with crappy MP3s when artists spend hours and plenty of money in recording studios to offer the customer the best audio quality and then people ruin these recordings by downgrading them in mp3.

I know most don't get the difference, it's a real pity for them.

So thanx again for your time and for the upload!

Take care

Date: July 12, 2015 12:36

I've posted it in original flacs
[we.tl]

Enjoy!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 12, 2015 23:39

fortilix
I've posted it in original flacs
[we.tl]

Enjoy!
thumbs up

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 14, 2015 09:42

Thanks

Date: July 14, 2015 17:44

fortilix
Hi BTMMR

The info file you provide describes Flac files so these should be LOSSLESS. That means high quality. And in your post I don't see any reference link to the site explaining the MP3 only.
all I see is:

So the original is 24/48 which means HD resolution! It has been downgraded to wav and then to flac.

And the to MP3 by this site owner who certainly downloaded it from the trader's den (which by the way doesn't allow mp3...)

MP3 are lossy, that means nearly up to 90% of the quality is definitively lost (it depends on the mp3 bit rate). Forever! It has nothing to do with "clicks" or the distinction of the instruments!!! All the lows and the highs are removed and what remains is compressed to death. Thant's how mp3s are done to lower the size of the file. If you "reflac" lossy MP3, you won't be able to gain quality as the quality has been lost in the Flac to MP3 conversion... All you will get is a bigger file for the same lossy music...

And a big Mac in a top notch restaurant will still be a big Mac... Except for the price!!!

All you could have written is that your files are MP3 and not Flac. Just to be clear!

I think that now that hard drives are so cheap, it is nonsense to spare space with lossy MP3 that are an insult to audiophile as long as the lossless Flac files exist.
Well, that's just my opinion. I just can't understand that people are happy with crappy MP3s when artists spend hours and plenty of money in recording studios to offer the customer the best audio quality and then people ruin these recordings by downgrading them in mp3.

Take care

That's fine, fortilix. Sorry of reacting so offended, I was talking with another IORR user earlier and we got around to how some people avoid MP3s like the plague. Once again, it's all okay now, just was fired up. smiling smiley Your thanks is acknowledged, and thanked in turn. winking smiley Thank you for re-educating me on Flacs Vs. MP3s, and that food comparison helped!!! Just as a heads-up/clarification, I download this from BigOzine or whatever it is, and they are all MP3, which I use for my iPod, and have no major problem with it ['it' being MP3 files]. And thank you for posting the original flacs, I'll add those to the Archive! smiling smiley

Posted by: hanc247 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 21:16

Great show! And I understand the flac vs mp3 debate. Once you have the ear to pick out the differences, it does mean the whole world. I'm on a Mac though, so if I want to take these shows with me, I have to convert them into Apple's lossless format... Not sure how reliable those conversion programs are, but the music still sounds really good!

Date: July 15, 2015 11:26

You're welcome!
Have a nice day!

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
fortilix
Hi BTMMR

all I see is:

Take care

That's fine, fortilix. Sorry of reacting so offended, I was talking with another IORR user earlier and we got around to how some people avoid MP3s like the plague. Once again, it's all okay now, just was fired up. smiling smiley Your thanks is acknowledged, and thanked in turn. winking smiley Thank you for re-educating me on Flacs Vs. MP3s, and that food comparison helped!!! Just as a heads-up/clarification, I download this from BigOzine or whatever it is, and they are all MP3, which I use for my iPod, and have no major problem with it ['it' being MP3 files]. And thank you for posting the original flacs, I'll add those to the Archive! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2084
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home