Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

rob thomas boots
Posted by: gtx8834 ()
Date: June 20, 2015 05:33

looking to find rob Thomas boots can any one help any sites love the stones are number one

Re: rob thomas boots
Date: June 20, 2015 09:16

Might want to mark this as 'OT'

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 00:36

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

I second that. Please refer to the editor's sticky that's always at the start of this forum:

This forum is for trading Stones-related stuff. Also, please do NOT trade illegal copies of official releases here. Please follow these rules, or posts and/or access will be restricted/deleted.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:48

stonesman87
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

I second that. Please refer to the editor's sticky that's always at the start of this forum:

This forum is for trading Stones-related stuff. Also, please do NOT trade illegal copies of official releases here. Please follow these rules, or posts and/or access will be restricted/deleted.

The self appointed policeman of the board strikes again.

"Disease" was released on September 30, 2002 as the first single from Matchbox Twenty's third album, More Than You Think You Are. It was co-written by Matchbox Twenty lead singer Rob Thomas and The Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger.
[en.wikipedia.org])

I think that makes Mr. Thomas "Stones related".

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 22, 2015 01:56

Deltics
stonesman87
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

"Disease" was released on September 30, 2002 as the first single from Matchbox Twenty's third album, More Than You Think You Are. It was co-written by Matchbox Twenty lead singer Rob Thomas and The Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger.
[en.wikipedia.org])

I think that makes Mr. Thomas "Stones related".

I saw Matchbox Twenty open for The Stones at Texas Motor Speedway on the Bridges To Babylon Tour, along with Dave Matthews Band and Smashing Pumpkins. Even though I'm not much of a fan, I actually saw Matchbox Twenty live twice, both in '97 at the Texas Motor Speedway. The first time was at Blockbuster Rock Fest earlier that summer, a big single day festival with a bunch of 90's bands like Bush, No Doubt, Counting Crows, Collective Soul, Wallflowers, etc. Matchbox Twenty got bottled at that show, and Rob was threatening to leave the stage, but he soldiered on.

Date: June 22, 2015 04:12

Deltics
stonesman87
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

The self-appointed policeman of the board is in fact the IORR editor, his sticky just one confirmation of that. In any event, I seconded the move. Do you have the same comment to make to BeforeTheyMakeMeRun, who correctly pointed out that this topic is OT? The "stalking" hotlink is not pleasing to see. I trust that the actual policeman of the board (the respected editor) will intervene to eliminate this and stop it happening again. And after all that, I really dunno if a single track co-written with MJ 13 years ago really makes a person Stones-related. I've seen a trend of this kind starting up. It's really very flimsy, and whatever the argument, it considerably waters down the ethic of the editor's sticky. QED.

Date: June 22, 2015 04:39

thank you for all the help

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 22, 2015 04:43

stonesman87
Deltics
stonesman87
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

The self-appointed policeman of the board is in fact the IORR editor, his sticky just one confirmation of that. In any event, I seconded the move. Do you have the same comment to make to BeforeTheyMakeMeRun, who correctly pointed out that this topic is OT? The "stalking" hotlink is not pleasing to see. I trust that the actual policeman of the board (the respected editor) will intervene to eliminate this and stop it happening again. And after all that, I really dunno if a single track co-written with MJ 13 years ago really makes a person Stones-related. I've seen a trend of this kind starting up. It's really very flimsy, and whatever the argument, it considerably waters down the ethic of the editor's sticky. QED.

yawning smiley ...BTMMR merely pointed out that the thread perhaps should be OT'd, fair enough, ....your further officious remarks did just that, took it a whole lot further....self appointed policeman....well, maybe self appointed deputy.

Why am I getting involved?....maybe I don't need the sense of irritation your post left me with (and Deltics by the sound of it)....really, who but you is losing any sleep over the odd enquiry about other bands?........I usually hate cliches, but again, really?...get a life.

Thin edge of the wedge?...hardly, over the years, occasionally an enquiry has popped up about another band but iorrians generally are very aware this is a Stones board and so enquiries are few and far between, most people recognise that and so are relaxed and confident that the place is not about to be flooded and become a free-for-all chaotic mess................take some deep breaths and relax, you'll give yourself a heart attack .......unbelievable..............yawning smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 05:08 by EddieByword.

Date: June 22, 2015 05:15

sorry I just ask a q I just made a mistake love this site sorry did want to start trouble sorry

Date: June 22, 2015 05:23

gtx8834
sorry I just ask a q I just made a mistake love this site sorry did want to start trouble sorry

gtx8834, I wouldn't worry, if you use the edit function and type OT (for Off Topic) in front of your 'subject header' rob thomas boots everything should calm down.....some people are very 'senstive'....eye rolling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 05:29 by EddieByword.

Date: June 22, 2015 05:31

thank you have a good night

Date: June 22, 2015 05:32

gtx8834
thank you have a good night

No problem........thumbs up

Date: June 22, 2015 18:17

Eddie, did you ever find The Clash, Kent State Uni. Ohio 17.10.1982? grinning smiley

Date: June 22, 2015 19:18

Deltics
Eddie, did you ever find The Clash, Kent State Uni. Ohio 17.10.1982? grinning smiley

That's so funny.how did you do that?........grinning smiley

No....and I didn't get any Ian Durys either despite the best efforts of Crash (iorrian from Oz)........... [www.iorr.org] .....

Ahhh I see, we'd 'met' before ............funny but also so tragic......confused smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-22 19:24 by EddieByword.

Date: June 23, 2015 01:11

So it's OK for the editor to have his sticky and its strongly-worded terms always there at the top of the forum, but it's not OK for a member to draw attention to the editor's sticky?

What if the editor himself set out exactly the same message in terms of his own sticky? Would there be the same negative responses to the editor himself?

Balance is required here, and I hope the editor will assist with this.

Date: June 23, 2015 01:34

gtx8834
looking to find rob Thomas boots can any one help any sites love the stones are number one

I haven't been able to find any sites for Rob Thomas bootlegs although there are a few Matchbox 20 boots mentioned on Guitars 101:
[www.guitars101.com]
I suspect some of these may have expired though.
It might be well worth your while joining the forum and asking there.
Hope that helps.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home