Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Warning for e-bay sale of UK Promotional Album
Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: December 4, 2014 23:32

Hey guys

I just wanted to draw your attention to an extremely rare item on sale on e-bay just now:

[:RTQ:IT:1123" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.ebay.it]

One of two known nonboxed white label Decca Promotional Album RSM.1
The pictures on the item are watermarked with stonesondecca and the pictures rather familiar.
Actually they are pulled from my own homepage.
Another interesting issue is that the white label LP sleeve has no signatures on the back side.
Yet another interesting issue is that the pictured signed back side happens to be my own LP kept safe in my own collection!
Item text is also copy paste from my page

So I got a bit confused about this item. A white label LP with my cover for sale…. Ok.

I had to get in touch with the seller and ask a few more questions.
He sent me more pictures, wooow, how surprised was I to find that the new pictures also had stonesondecca watermarks! The seller is working for popsike.com, as per his words:
“That s an Lp That i am Selling. . Yes we are a community That work with ebay also. . And I am The Seller of ebay of The team... explaining better popsike Pay me And give me rare vynil To sell”

So guys. Keep clear of this item. I will report it to e-bay just now.

This just again proves that if you ever get into collecting or buying rare stuff, do your homework

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-04 23:33 by Jan Richards.

Re: Warning for e-bay sale of UK Promotional Album
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 5, 2014 04:35

Incredible.
The nerve of some people. Criminals.

Thanks for the heads up, Jan.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 5, 2014 07:21

Thank you for the warning. It's a mine field out there with collecting.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: December 5, 2014 19:54

Criminals!!!

Nice Jan, keep up the good workthumbs up

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 6, 2014 12:11

Jan, thanks for your work!

With the help of your page I have filled my
collection with the highly priced LPs
(hanging behind me on the wall while I´m typing this) smileys with beer

Keep it up!

Date: December 6, 2014 12:38

Another one of us Stonesvikings has been mailing with him as well. Look at this what the bugger is replying:

"That s an Lp That i am Selling. Yes we are a community That work with ebay also. . And I am The Seller of ebay of The team... explaining better popsike Pay me And give me rare vynil To sell.
there are photos of stonesondecca because Jan Richard Richardsson in Finland is the Owner and creator of stonesondecca , he is an important colletionist of rolling stones and i always ask him help to value and sell the LP"

SO NOW THIS IDIOT IS USING ME AS A REFERENC AS WELL. My god, I’m speechless

TT: My pleasure. I see so many items on e-bay all the time with wrong description of the item. A common one is “this is the first and original print of this LP” and the LP sold is Stones first LK4605 with a boxed label…… ohhh.
So I am just trying to help collectors by keeping stonesondecca up and running.

I feel very sorry for the collector who will bid / win and pay this item on sale just now. And the worst thing is that he is using me as some kind of “guarantee” for the LP.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 6, 2014 13:07

Have you reported him to Ebay yet?....what did they say?

Date: December 6, 2014 13:11

I have reported the item. But e-bay is only giving some dropdown choices to choose from. I did that twice. But I have not found any place where I actually could write some free text and explain what is going on here
Please tell me if there is such a possibility.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: December 6, 2014 13:18

Jan Richards
I have reported the item. But e-bay is only giving some dropdown choices to choose from. I did that twice. But I have not found any place where I actually could write some free text and explain what is going on here

I don't know about that but you could always phone them - I'd choose the 'problem buying an item' option and go from there. Explain the problem and if they can't deal with it directly ask for it to be escalated to the right department....

Date: December 6, 2014 13:25

EddieByword
Jan Richards

I don't know about that but you could always phone them - I'd choose the 'problem buying an item' option and go from there. Explain the problem and if they can't deal with it directly ask for it to be escalated to the right department....

You could tell them you were interseted in buying this item but then you realised it was a fraud...as you already own it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-06 13:27 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: December 6, 2014 13:30

Jan Richards

The insertion is on Ebay Italy.
Try to contact them at this link, click on " Inviaci una email" ( send us an email)
[ocsnext.ebay.it]

Date: December 6, 2014 13:39

OK, I will do so immediately.
I did find an us mail and I sent them the full story a few minutes ago.

Thanks Stones601

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: December 6, 2014 13:47

I'm Italian and I'm sorry for this thing
let us know how it ends

Date: December 6, 2014 13:51

Ok, message sent to e-bay Italy as well
Let's see what happens

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: December 6, 2014 13:53

EddieByword
EddieByword
Jan Richards

You could tell them you were interseted in buying this item but then you realised it was a fraud...as you already own it

That was basically what I did with the seller Eddie! I have mailed my full conversation with him to e-bay now

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 6, 2014 17:37

Stone601
let us know how it ends

Don't feel sorry Guido, there are good and bad people everywhere!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 6, 2014 19:06

Just looked at the eBay link and got to say I don't believe those bidders are real. Maybe they're pushing the price up? And for a fake too! Really hope nobody falls victim here.

Date: December 6, 2014 21:08

Quique-stone
Stone601
let us know how it ends

But mostly in Italy............grinning smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 6, 2014 22:23

Don't worry Stone601 : Italia has given so much to the world we can tolerate one crook or two... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Stoner72 ()
Date: December 6, 2014 22:47

Two days later, it looks like e-Bay has refused to act on your information!

Date: December 7, 2014 10:35

The seller has now closed the item himself. It demanded a rather hard pushing from my side. e-bay has not reacted in any way.

I kind of feel for the guy. He has a son with a "destructive ill" as he puts it and he needs to get money for healthcare. I'm sorry for the guy but I need to protect my own "domain and reputation" as well. To sell stuff on e-bay that he does not have is maybe not either the correct way to raise money.....

Case closed

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: December 7, 2014 15:28

Jan Richards
The seller has now closed the item himself. It demanded a rather hard pushing from my side. e-bay has not reacted in any way.

I kind of feel for the guy. He has a son with a "destructive ill" as he puts it and he needs to get money for healthcare. I'm sorry for the guy but I need to protect my own "domain and reputation" as well. To sell stuff on e-bay that he does not have is maybe not either the correct way to raise money.....

Case closed

He lied on Ebay so......anyway, don't they have a 'free at the point of use' National Health service in Italy???.............I don't know but that would be unusual in Europe if they don't, I think............

Posted by: Stoner72 ()
Date: December 7, 2014 15:30

Failing that, is there something along the lines of Kickstart?

Date: December 8, 2014 11:16

Quique-stone
Stone601
let us know how it ends

Thanks Quique

Date: December 8, 2014 11:21

Jan Richards

Case closed
Very well.
I do not know if it's true history of the sick child
but it is an excuse I've heard yet

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1935
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home