Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Marquee 71 new soundtrack
Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: November 21, 2014 07:33

From a torrent
Uploaded: 2014-11-16 00:29:49 GMT By: GRNS3

I've directly extracted the audio track. Untouched - no track separation or start finish fading. VOB>ac3>wav>flac. Poster info : Taken directly from the TV MASTER. This is the best quality to surface.

here is

[www.wetransfer.com]

available until the 28th Nov

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-21 07:40 by rumple21.

Re: Marquee 71 new soundtrack
Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: November 21, 2014 07:38

Thanks! smileys with beer

-------------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: November 21, 2014 11:16

Thanks, but have you a link for the whole torrent ?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 21, 2014 12:28

"ROLLING STONES
AT THE MARQUEE 1971

Marquee Club March 6, 1971
This DVD contains two versions of the classic concert. First, the raw footage. Clocking in at over 50 minutes. The band run through various songs including two takes each of "I Got the Blues" and "Bitch". I Got The Blues is performed here for the first time, not to be performed again until 1999.

The Second version is from the original broadcast. Taken directly from the TV MASTER. This is the best quality to surface.

Raw Footge

Live With Me
Dead Flowers
I Got The Blues (take 1)
I Got The Blues (take 2)
Let it Rock
Midnight Rambler
Satisfaction
Bitch (take 1)
Brown Sugar
Bitch (take 2)

TV Broadcast

Live With Me
Dead Flowers
I Got The Blues
Let it Rock
Midnight Rambler
Satisfaction
Bitch
Brown Sugar"

Anyway part1 (the rehearsal bits) won't play with vlc...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-21 12:29 by dcba.

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: November 21, 2014 14:08

'.....part1 (the rehearsal bits) won't play with vlc...'

neither here, but
it opens in another audioplayer (foobar)
it opens in my audio workstation to divide the songs
and i can convert flac to wav

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: November 21, 2014 16:44

thumbs up

Thanks!

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: November 21, 2014 17:16

same muddy sound for the rehearsals, but great sound for the show !

many thanks

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 21, 2014 17:55

thanks

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: November 21, 2014 18:12

dcba
"ROLLING STONES
AT THE MARQUEE 1971

This DVD contains two versions of the classic concert. First, the raw footage. Clocking in at over 50 minutes. The band run through various songs including two takes each of "I Got the Blues" and "Bitch". I Got The Blues is performed here for the first time, not to be performed again until 1999.

The Second version is from the original broadcast. Taken directly from the TV MASTER. This is the best quality to surface.

Raw Footge

Live With Me
Dead Flowers
I Got The Blues (take 1)
I Got The Blues (take 2)
Let it Rock
Midnight Rambler
Satisfaction
Bitch (take 1)
Brown Sugar
Bitch (take 2)

TV Broadcast

Live With Me
Dead Flowers
I Got The Blues
Let it Rock
Midnight Rambler
Satisfaction
Bitch
Brown Sugar"

Anyway part1 (the rehearsal bits) won't play with vlc...

The same as this one ????
[bootcoverz.com]

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: November 21, 2014 18:43

rumple21
From a torrent

Thanks
Where was the original torrent posted?

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: November 21, 2014 19:25

see:

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

The Rolling Stones – Live At The Marquee Club (Goldplate GP-1304CD1DVD1)
CD; Live With Me / Dead Flowers / I Got The Blues (Take 1) / I Got The Blues (False Start) / I Got The Blues (Take 2) / Let It Rock / Midnight Rambler / (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction / Bitch (False Start) / Bitch (Take 1) / Brown Sugar / Bitch (Take 2) / Bitch (pre-rehearsals) / Brown Sugar (pre-rehearsals)
DVD; Re-broadcast TV version : Live With Me / Dead Flowers / I Got The Blues / Let It Rock / Midnight Rambler / (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction / Bitch / Brown Sugar
Original TV Version : Film Introduction / Live With Me / Dead Flowers / I Got The Blues / Let It Rock / Midnight Rambler / (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction / Bitch / Brown Sugar
Unedited Long Version : Film Introduction – Opening announcement / Live With Me / Dead Flowers / I Got The Blues (Take 1) / I Got The Blues (False Start) / I Got The Blues (Take 2) / Let It Rock / Midnight Rambler / (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction / Bitch (False Start) / Bitch (Take 1) / Brown Sugar / Bitch (Take 2)

The Goldplate Productions label followed up their “Olympia Live In The Sixties” set with this, the best of the versions of the Stones show at the Marquee Club of Wardour Street in London. Performed on the 26th of March, 1971, the show came almost two weeks after the end of the bands short UK tour pre-promoting the ‘Sticky Fingers’ LP and was recorded as a TV special.
Gerard had originally reviewed a DVD of this set on the Devil Productions release DVD here but as that formed only the basis of the unedited long version on this DVD we’re in for a better slice of the pie this time.

Firstly lets have a listen to the CD – originally released on the Contra Band LP (Or at least 5 tracks were) “Old Grey Whistle Test” and then later in the CD age on Swingin’ Pig’s “Live At The Marquee Club” while, as Gerard told us, the “video (was released) before on Marquee/Montreux Rumble (4 Reel), The Rolling Stones at the Marquee, The Rolling Stones UK Tour 1971 – The Marquee Club Rehearsals and Ladies ‘N’ Gentlemen The Rolling Stones (Shot Gun Entertainment). The Devil Productions version contains both the excellent quality video broadcast and an “unedited” version. The latter is in fair to good color quality with a time code at the bottom of the screen and an unused introduction.”

With regards to the audio, this new edition sounds livelier than the TSP version, brighter with a little more depth. Jagger’s vocals are still further up in the mix while opener “Live With Me” features the familial overblown crunch of Bill Wyman’s bass – it can be eq’d but not without losing a little of the life of the tape – but it tends to flatten out as the tape goes on. This may be due to restrictions caused by the venue – it was, after all, just a cupboard of a club down one of London’s busiest streets.

Date: November 21, 2014 19:43

original info file:

Another vintage one from the bootleg archive.

Please enjoy, share with friends and seed smiling smiley

ROLLING STONES
AT THE MARQUEE 1971

Raw Footge

Live With Me
Dead Flowers
I Got The Blues (take 1)
I Got The Blues (take 2)
Let it Rock
Midnight Rambler
Satisfaction
Bitch (take 1)
Brown Sugar
Bitch (take 2)

TV Broadcast

Live With Me
Dead Flowers
I Got The Blues
Let it Rock
Midnight Rambler
Satisfaction
Bitch
Brown Sugar

No lineage! So it's not clear that the DVD belongs to the pictured artwork.
According to the Titel "AT THE MARQUEE 1971" and that the CD is not included I think it's this DVD (see also posts by 'dcba' & 'Keessie'):

See also here:
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 21, 2014 20:40

Thanks! thumbs up

I also would like to know which the torrent is?

Date: November 21, 2014 21:09

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 21, 2014 21:17

werther2003
[thepiratebay.se]

Danke!

Date: November 21, 2014 21:50

The pirate bay can be difficult to get onto

try

[proxybay.info]

worth keeping in your favourites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-21 21:51 by rumple21.

Posted by: Greg44 ()
Date: November 22, 2014 01:29

"This is the best quality to surface".

Oh, really??????????????????????????

NO COMPARISON WITH VGP-030. ANY!!!!!

Posted by: dph ()
Date: November 22, 2014 03:06

Thanks for sharing. For those of you that don't know, the AC3 audio format on DVDs is lossy, like an mp3 file. It throws away audio data to reduce file size, which can never be recovered. Converting it to wav or FLAC just makes the file larger, it doesn't get the quality back. That said, it probably makes sense to share this in FLAC since AC3 is not a common audio-only format.

The raw footage is sometimes mistakenly called the rehearsals. It's not. The broadcast footage is edited and overdubbed raw footage. There are two songs from the real rehearsals. Neither is on this DVD. They are Bitch and Brown Sugar, at the end of VGP-030, "The Lost Marquee Tapes." They are the only two songs with a live audience. All the crowd shots in the broadcast footage are spliced in; it was filmed with no audience. I believe the crowd shots are from the rehearsal.

Regarding the quality, the raw footage here is inferior to VGP-030. No contest. This has the spoken introduction by Chris Jagger missing from VGP-030, if that matters to completists. The broadcast footage is very good quality. My reference for this version is a YouTube video, of all things, which I slightly prefer to this but YMMV. (As I recall the 4Reels video had very good audio also).

So, does anyone have the Bitch and Brown Sugar rehearsals on video? I used to have them on a glitchy videotape but I got rid of it, trying to go all digital. I have not seen those songs since. Too bad, because they are fantastic and deserve to be on an official release. They are that good. Keith is wearing a glittery shirt like Mick in the regular footage; I guess Mick made him change it before the show. They really were the Glimmer Twins...

Date: November 22, 2014 08:43

dph
Thanks for sharing. For those of you that don't know, the AC3 audio format on DVDs is lossy, like an mp3 file. It throws away audio data to reduce file size, which can never be recovered. Converting it to wav or FLAC just makes the file larger, it doesn't get the quality back. That said, it probably makes sense to share this in FLAC since AC3 is not a common audio-only format.

The raw footage is sometimes mistakenly called the rehearsals. It's not. The broadcast footage is edited and overdubbed raw footage. There are two songs from the real rehearsals. Neither is on this DVD. They are Bitch and Brown Sugar, at the end of VGP-030, "The Lost Marquee Tapes." They are the only two songs with a live audience. All the crowd shots in the broadcast footage are spliced in; it was filmed with no audience. I believe the crowd shots are from the rehearsal.

Regarding the quality, the raw footage here is inferior to VGP-030. No contest. This has the spoken introduction by Chris Jagger missing from VGP-030, if that matters to completists. The broadcast footage is very good quality. My reference for this version is a YouTube video, of all things, which I slightly prefer to this but YMMV. (As I recall the 4Reels video had very good audio also).

So, does anyone have the Bitch and Brown Sugar rehearsals on video? I used to have them on a glitchy videotape but I got rid of it, trying to go all digital. I have not seen those songs since. Too bad, because they are fantastic and deserve to be on an official release. They are that good. Keith is wearing a glittery shirt like Mick in the regular footage; I guess Mick made him change it before the show. They really were the Glimmer Twins...

Yes unfortunately my convertion to ac3 is to a lossy format. Although I don't notice loss using an analyser but there must be since the size of the file is reduced. I've also done a direct from VOB>flac using Pazera audio convertor which should at least keep the original VOB file integrity. I'll post my second conversion later today when I've time.

Here is a link to a blog containing the VGP-030 boot

[vivalesbootlegs.blogspot.co.uk]

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: November 22, 2014 08:45

Thanks for posting the link.
For those of us not using PB hopefully the vid will appear here.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 22, 2014 10:28

Thx Dph! I had forgotten most of the info you gave and I didn't know VGP-030 was so unique (I wonder where my copy is...)

"All the crowd shots in the broadcast footage are spliced in; it was filmed with no audience"
I forgot that and yes that's why the gig sounds so bland and dead (imo).
The Roundhouse gig is so much better! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-22 16:39 by dcba.

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: November 22, 2014 16:17

Great stuff.thanks a million.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 22, 2014 18:25

Thanks everybody. I've been trying to hunt for the best Marquee 1971 since forever.

Will you keep this thread going and give us more info on the best audio and video for this awesome 'holy grail' of Stones performances.

I just love "I Got the Blues" with Bobby Keyes sax solo instead of Billy Preston's organ solo (I love Billy's too but it's cool to have a different and great take on this classic Stones song).

Any interesting facts or background on this gig available? I'D LOVE TO KNOW ALL THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS GIG even the basic info.

Thanks again everybody for the info, downloads, etc..

ExileStones

Date: November 22, 2014 22:18

Here is the goldplate dvd soundtrack once again

This time a no-loss conversion from VOB>flac. Using Pazera audio convertor.

[www.wetransfer.com]

will be active until 29th Nov.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: November 22, 2014 23:03

I wasn't trying to be critical of your previous audio conversion. VOBs generally have lossy ac3 audio although occasionally they have lossless LPCM. Although this conversion has fewer steps, the end result is probably the same as the first one.

You can check the VOB's audio and video formats with the freeware program MediaInfo [mediaarea.net].

Date: November 22, 2014 23:48

dph
I wasn't trying to be critical of your previous audio conversion. VOBs generally have lossy ac3 audio although occasionally they have lossless LPCM. Although this conversion has fewer steps, the end result is probably the same as the first one.

You can check the VOB's audio and video formats with the freeware program MediaInfo [mediaarea.net].

I second that!

I've checked the VOB files from the DVD with GSpot (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/):
AC3/448 kb/s

My alternate DVD (only TV Broadcast) has LPCM Audio:

The Rollling Stones - Pop 2 - Part Two
'Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones'
ZitRock 2010

[www.filefactory.com]
[www.filefactory.com]
[www.filefactory.com]
[www.filefactory.com]
[www.filefactory.com]
[www.filefactory.com]

see:
[www.iorr.org]

Date: November 23, 2014 00:48

THE STONES VAULT

Swinging Pig version of Marquee '71:
TSP-CDS-RSAMC At The Marquee Club:

[www.filefactory.com]

VGP versions of Marquee '71:
VGP 003 Oakland Sixty-Nine (Gold Remastered) [tracks 10-17 = Marquee 1971]:

[www.filefactory.com]

VGP 030 The Lost Marquee Tapes (three versions of uploads):

Version 1:
[www.filefactory.com]

Version 2:
[www.filefactory.com]
[www.filefactory.com]

Version 3:
[www.filefactory.com]
[www.filefactory.com]

Also a Teague Raw remaster exists:
[www.iorr.org]

Date: November 23, 2014 02:06

dph

Yes ok dph - As far as I can detect both my conversions have delivered the same result and you'll be right about the source VOB file.

As werther2003 discovered with his GSpot check (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/):
AC3/448 kb/s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-23 02:11 by rumple21.

Posted by: randlepmcmurphy ()
Date: November 23, 2014 20:15

rumple21
From a torrent

I've directly extracted the audio track. Untouched - no track separation or start finish fading. VOB>ac3>wav>flac. Poster info : Taken directly from the TV MASTER. This is the best quality to surface.

here is

[www.wetransfer.com]

available until the 28th Nov

Is there any way you could post the full artwork I would be most grateful. Thankyou in advance.

Date: November 23, 2014 20:52

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1903
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home