Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

" The Lost Millard Masters (6CD) " on wetransfer (valid until November 27th)
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: November 20, 2014 19:00

Part 1:
[we.tl]

Part 2:
[we.tl]

Uploaded by aliasrobert to Electric Ladyland (pointed out by dcba in the "THE OFFICIAL "IT'S ON Electric Ladyland THREAD)

The Rolling Stones

" The Lost Millard Masters (6CD) "

Great Western Forum, Inglewood, CA.
July 11,12,13, 1975

Label: Vinyl Gang Product

Stereo Audience Recording

Lineage: Original silver CD >> WAV (Lilith) >> flac (Lilith)

Disc.1 (1975-07-11)

1. Fanfare For The Common Man
2. Honky Tonk Women
3. All Down The Line
4. If You Can't Rock Me - Get Off Of My Cloud
5. Star Star
6. Gimme Shelter
7. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
8. You Gotta Move
9. You Can't Always Get What You Want
10. Happy
11. Tumbling Dice
12. It's Only Rock'n Roll
13. Band Introductions
14. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)

Disc.2 (1975-07-11)

1. Fingerprint File
2. Angie
3. Wild Horses
4. That's Life
5. Outa Space
6. Brown Sugar
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Rip This Joint
9. Street Fighting Man
10. Jumpin' Jack Flash
11. Sympathy For The Devil

Disc.3 (1975-07-12)

2. Honky Tonk Women
3. All Down The Line
5. Star Star
6. Gimme Shelter
8. You Gotta Move
10. Happy
11. Tumbling Dice
13. Band Introductions

Disc.4 (1975-07-12)

1. Fingerprint File
2. Angie
3. Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa
4. Wild Horses
5. That's Life
6. Outa Space
7. Brown Sugar
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Rip This Joint
10. Street Fighting Man
11. Jumpin' Jack Flash
12. Sympathy For The Devil

Disc.5 (1975-07-13)

2. Honky Tonk Women
3. All Down The Line
5. Star Star
6. Gimme Shelter
8. You Gotta Move
10. Happy
11. Tumbling Dice
13. Band Introductions

Disc.6 (1975-07-13)

1. Fingerprint File
2. Angie
3. Wild Horses
4. That's Life
5. Outa Space
6. Brown Sugar
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Rip This Joint
9. Street Fighting Man
10. Jumpin' Jack Flash
11. Sympathy For The Devil

Notes from Dime:

Here are some infos about thes TOTA recordings

“THE ROLLING STONES NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 1975”

The tour was called the “1975 Tour Of The Americas” but as the South American leg was cancelled, and a few more U.S dates was added the name is a bit misleading.
The´75 tour was interesting in many aspects, the Stones had not toured for almost two years and Mick Taylor had left the band just before the first recording sessions for the Black& Blue
album. To make a tour without him must have been a big challenge as he had become a very important part in the Stones sound, especially during live shows. I think the decision
to add a percussion player (Ollie Brown) and to use both Billy Preston and Ian Stewart was a smart way to fill the gap. This tour was also the first of three 75,76 and 78 when they performed without a brass section in the regular line-up. Ron Wood from The Faces was hired as Mick Taylor´s replacement, and he made this summer tour with The Stones in between The Faces two last tours. When The Faces broke up after the1975 autumn tour he could join as a permanent member. But I think that Ronnie was an employee until 1992 ! My ambition with this document is to make a guide to all the1975 shows that have been released either on regular CD´s or by well known Cdr companies in the bootleg jungle of The Rolling Stones live shows. Most of the CD´s is done from audience tapes, just a few soundboard recordings can be found on the market (no one is perfect)

The first time they performed live with Ronnie Wood was the PR gig from a flatbed truck at the 5th avenue NYC, May 1st Just one song was played “ Brown Sugar”* which we can find on several CD´s for example 100% ODD LOTS or “the best of the rest” VGP-026/ ODD-1 and in Rattlesnakes beautiful 4 CD box THE MISSING JEWELS RS 025/028. as well on the album I NEVER TALKED TO CHUCK BERRY (Part 2) Silver Rarities I.C.PA203 5.
The first two real gigs of the tour took place at the Dunkirk Hall, Louisiana State University Assembly Center , Baton Rouge June 1st, (RonnieWood´s 28th birthday) , both shows where recorded and have been released on CD.

The first show can be found on Idol Minds “BATON ROUGE 75” a quite good recording G+ and a great performance with a few hot versions, just listen to Rocks Off only played at this show, Luxury, Dance Little Sister also found in the MISSING JEWELS box and a great extended Midnight Rambler. Idol Mind has changed the track succession and moved a few songs! Why? Even the liner notes is wrong so I give you the set list from the discs.
A few songs from this show can be found on three other VGP releases.
1975 TOUR OF THE AMERICAS (Part one and two) VGP-284, Luxury and Dance Little- Sister, on MORE ROCK FROM ELTON, VGP-275 we can find Rocks Off, Luxury and Dance Little Sister, and finally on ANY PORT IN THE STORM - REVISITED, VGP-308 (Hague NL, May, 29, 1976) we can find Fanfare For The Common Man, Honky Tonk Women and Dance Little Sister *, on this release in the best quality ever.

1.Honky Tonk Women
2.All Down The Line
3.If You Can´t Rock Me/ Get Off Of My Cloud
4.You Gotta Move
5.Rocks Off *
6.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
7.Star Star
8.Gimme Shelter
9.You Can´t Always Get What You Want
10.Band Introductions
11.Happy
12.Tumbling Dice
Disc Two
1.Luxury
2.Fingerprint File
3.Angie
4.That´s Life
5.Outta Space
6.Midnight Rambler
7.Dance Little Sister
8.Brown Sugar
9.It´s Only Rock´n´Roll
10.Jumping Jack Flash
11.Rip This Joint
12.Street Fighting Man

The second show can be found on WHORES IN THE NIGHT VGP-234, the title comes from an old LP from the same show but is taken from tape “Original Master Recording” on the back sleeve. This show is not at all as hot as the first but the sound quality is better VG, but we got a great Luxury and the correct track succession with Midnight Rambler as the encore.

1.Honky Tonk Women
2.All Down The Line
3.if you Can´t Rock Me/ Get Off Of My Cloud
4.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
5.Star Star
6.Gimme Shelter
7.You Gotta Move
8.Band Introductions
10.Happy
11.Tumbling Dice
12.Luxury
Disc Two
1.Fingerprint File
2.Angie
3.Wild Horses
4.That´s Life
5.Outta Space
6.Brown Sugar
7.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
8.Jumping Jack Flash
9.Rip This Joint
10.Street Fighting Man
11.Midnight Rambler

The next show we find on CD is from Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri, June 6
released as SURE THE ONE YOU NEED VGP-123 (cool smiley The first outdoor show in front of 80 000 people. This is a really bad recording of a mediocre show. The only reason to buy this one is for the great set list that includes the title track Sure The One You Need (not the best version) and both Luxury and Dance Little Sister. The impression of this CD is a clear B.

1.Honky Tonk Women
2.All Down The Line
4.Star Star
5.Gimme Shelter
6.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
7.You Gotta Move
8.You Can´t Always Get What You Want
9.Sure The One You Need
10.Tumbling Dice
11.Dance Little Sister
Disc Two
1.Fingerprint File
2.Angie
3.Wild Horses
4.Band Introductions
5.That´s Life
6.Midnight Rambler
7.Brown Sugar
8.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
9.Rip This Joint
10.Street Fighting Man
11.Jumping Jack Flash

From County Coliseum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin June 8, we get just three songs
Sure The One You Need, Luxury and Heartbreaker released as bonus tracks on I´M WORKING SO HARD ( To Keep You In The Luxury) Black Light BL. 2002/2003
mainly the show from Fort Collins July 19th .The recording from Milwaukee is really bad
but the performance is hot with a great version of Sure The One You Need * also found in Rattlesnakes THE MISSING JEWELS box.

Both shows from Boston Gardens, Boston Massachusetts, June 11& 12 is out on CD.
VGP has released the first show as LUXURY IN BOSTON, VGP-190, that is a great recording of a good show (VG) , one song in less good quality (Outta Space). The second show can be found in the box set TOUR OF THE AMERICAS ´75 RS 01-08 , (VG-)
This recording is not at all as good as the previous but a quite good performance and again
a great version of Luxury. The set list is identical but the first show have Fingerprint File on disc two while the second show have it on disc one.

1.Honky Tonk Women
2.All Down The Line
4.Star Star
5.Gimme Shelter
6.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
7.You Gotta Move
9.Happy
10.Tumbling Dice
11.Luxury
12.Band Introductions
13. Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
Disc Two
1.Fingerprint File
2.Angie
3.Wild Horses
4.That´s Life
5.Outta Space
6.Brown Sugar
7.Midnight Rambler
8.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
9.Rip This Joint
10.Street Fighting Man
11.Jumping Jack Flash

The only song from the Cleveland show June 14th that has been released is You Gotta Move
as a bonus track on ANY PORT IN THE STORM VGP-305 (Hague, NL, May, 29, 1976 ) a distant and muddy recording. From Municipal Auditorium, Buffalo, N.Y, June 15th we have a few incomplete releases (11 songs) in stereo soundboard quality, the sound is not perfect but the stereo separation is great. This was a fantastic show and it is a must for every fan of this tour. VGP released it as HEARTBREAKERS IN BUFFALO, VGP-028 (VG) The last song from the soundboard tape, an incomplete Luxury, has been spliced together with a great audience recording , very well done! It also has two more songs from this tape, Heartbreaker and Fingerprint File. Rattlesnake have a copy of this release in the MISSING JEWELS box. The show is also released as HOT AS HELL 75-HH-9051 with Luxury incomplete as the last Buffalo song but with three bonus tracks Hand Of Fate, Hey Negrita and Fool To Cry from Earls Court, London, May, 25, 1976, in soundboard quality. BUFFALO 1975 RSCD, is a copy of HOT AS HELL, and even Shaved Disc have a version titled HOTTEST IN HELL, TSD- 013 with no bonus tracks ending with the faded Luxury.

1.Honky Tonk Women
2.All Down The Line
4.Star Star *
5.Gimme Shelter *
6.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
7.You Gotta Move
8 You Can´t Always Get What You Want
9.Happy
10.Tumbling Dice
11.Luxury
12.Doo Doo Doo Doo(Heartbreaker)
13.Fingerprint File

The Toronto show performed at the Maple Leaf Gardens, June 17th was one of the best
from this line-up, the groove from the rhythm section was incredible and the sharpness from
the others made this show so special. I really understand the decision to use two songs
on the LOVE YOU LIVE album (Fingerprint File and It´s Only Rock´n Roll) Luxury
is available in mono soundboard quality but with some hiss in both THE MISSING
JEWELS box and VGP´s WE HOPE YOU LIKE DIS ONE; VGP-235 . Fingerprint File
appears in three different mixes, on WE HOPE YOU LIKE DIS ONE and in a full length
version in THE MISSING JEWELS BOX all with some hiss. But me myself prefer the
great audience recording as we can find on TORONTO, Outsider Bird Records, OBR-CD-001 re released as “LUXURY IN TORONTO” Kingsnake Records, 93-CD-001-1&2
And the slightly better LUXURY IN TORONTO VGP-267 (VG) (original master recording)

1.Fanfare For The Common Man
2.Honky Tonk Women
3.All Down The Line
4.If You Can´t Rock Me/ Get Off Of My Cloud
5.Star Star
6.Gimme Shelter
7.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
8.You Gotta Move
10.Happy
11.Tumbling Dice
12.Luxury *
13.Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
Disc Two
1.Fingerprint File
2.Angie
3.Wild Horses
4.That´s Life
5.Outta Space
6.Brown Sugar
7.Midnight Rambler
8.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
9.Rip This Joint
10.Street Fighting Man
11.Jumping Jack Flash

Six shows was played at the legendary Madison Square Garden from the 22 to 27 of June,
The first show 6.22 can be found as ERIC CLAPTON AND HIS ROLLING STONES- VGP-315, (VG-) and in the TOUR OF THE AMERICAS ´75, RS 03-04, (G) The sound quality of the VGP release is a nice upgrade (Original Master Recording) on the back sleeve,
VGP´s version also includes the bonus track Carnival To Rio, recorded together with Eric Clapton at The Electric Lady Studios, New York, June 25/30 1975. The show was very good, but the encore Sympathy For The Devil with Eric Clapton and The Steel Association joining was a total disaster. It´s also an incomplete release of this show, TOUR OF THE AMERICAS 75 , 75–HH-90581. Notable is that Keith played bass together
with Bill during Sympathy For The Devil at all M.S.G shows.

1.Honky Tonk Women
2.All Down The Line
4.Star Star
5.Gimme Shelter
6.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
7.You Gotta Move
9.Band Introductions
10.Happy
11.Tumbling Dice
12.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
13.Doo Doo Doo Doo(Heartbreaker)
Disc Two
1.Fingerprint File
2.Angie
3.Wild Horses
4.That´s Life
5.Outta Space
6.Brown Sugar
7.Midnight Rambler
8.Rip This Joint
9.Street Fighting Man
10.Jumping Jack Flash
11.Sympathy For The Devil

The second show 6.23 has been released from the Cdr company Coast2Coast the title is CHERRY OH BABY, C2C 23 (VG-) once again a release with the track succession changed.
A few fades “in and out” but a great show that contains the live debut of Cherry Oh Baby from the coming BLACK AND BLUE ALBUM. And again a guest appearance from The Steel Association at the encore Sympathy For The Devil. VGP made a copy of this release CHERRY OH BABY, VGP-310 but with correct track succession and the fades repaired with another tape from the same show, for the correct set-list see the show from the day before, except for Cherry Oh Baby that was played after Heartbreaker.

2.Honky Tonk Women
3.All Down The Line
4.If You Can´t Rock Me/Get Off Of My Cloud
5.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
6.Star Star
7.Gimme Shelter
8.You Gotta Move
9.Cherry Oh Baby *
10.You Can´t Always Get What You Want
11.Band Introductions
12.Happy
13.Tumbling Dice
14.Fingerprint File
15.Brown Sugar
16.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
Disc Two
1.Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
2.Angie
3.Wild Horses
4.Midnight Rambler
5.Rip This Joint
6.Street Fighting Man
7.Jumping Jack Flash
8.Sympathy For The Devil

The third show 6.24 is released as I CAN SING LADY JANE, VGP-305, G-, a great show
but the sound quality is not the best, from this third show we also can find the few words from Lady Jane that Mick sings just before If You Cant Rock Me as a bonus track on the 6.27 release DISCOVER NEW YORK, Northern Records- 1502 (VGP-014) and in THE- MISSING JEWELS BOX But the forth 6.25 is included in the Tour Of The Americas´75 box RS 05-06 (VG-) a great show, and again The Steel Association joining at the encore. A few songs is also on the CD, I NEVER TALKED TO CHUCK –BERRY (Part 2)
the set-list was identical on both shows, but I think Keith had trouble with his voice as they
didn’t played Happy at any of them.

2.Honky Tonk Women
3.All Down The Line
5.Star Star
6.Gimme Shelter
7.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
8.You Gotta Move
10.Tumbling Dice
11.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
12.Band Introductions, after You Can´t Always Get What You Want the day before
13.Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) last song of disc one on I CAN SING LADY JANE
14.Fingerprint File
Disc Two
1.Angie
2.Wild Horses
3.That´s Life
4.Outta Space
5.Brown Sugar
6.Midnight Rambler
7.Rip This Joint
8.Street Fighting Man
9.Jumping Jack Flash
10.Street Fighting Man

No complete release of the fifth show exists, but 9 songs from an excellent audience
tape are out on CD. First came Welcome Back To New York, VGP-039 (E) compiled
with Billy Preston´s two songs from LA. Forum 7.13 and later in Rattlesnakes
THE MISSING JEWELS box.

1.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
2.Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
3.Fingerprint
4.Angie
5.Brown Sugar
6.Midnight Rambler
7.Rip This Joint
8.Street Fighting Man
9.Jumping Jack Flash

The last show 6.27 is out on many CD´s but only one complete release exists,
HOLD ON TIGHT, VGP-255 (E) a fantastic show, and at this show we got
a guest appearance from Carlos Santana together with The Steel Association
at the encore. Almost as good are the two singles CD´s PRESERVE FOR FUTURE
Northern Records, 1501 (VGP 0-13) and DISCOVER NEW YORK, Northern Records, 1502 (VGP 0-14) those two CD´s together contains almost the whole show, just missing Sympathy For The Devil. But we get a bonus track Lady Jane from 6.24. We have also a few other incomplete CD´s WELCOME BACK TO NEW YORK 1975- Golden Stars, LACD 1036. Re released as WELCOME BACK TO NEW YORK 1975- Live Storm 51036. An incomplete version of Sympathy For The Devil is also found on
the CD I NEVER TALKED TO CHUCK BERRY (Part 2) and a complete on VGP´s
100% ODD LOTS “The Best Of The Rest” and we can also find five songs from this show
Cherry Oh Baby, Fingerprint File, Wild Horses, That’s Life and Outta Space on the
Detroit July 28th release ROCK`N ROLL GOES ON THE ROAD AGAIN, Hot Lips records.

2.Honky Tonk Women
3.All Down The Line
5.Star Star
6.Gimme Shelter
7.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
8.You Gotta Move
Disc Two
1.Happy
2.Tumbling Dice
3.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
4.Band Introductions
5.Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) *
6.Fingerprint File
7.Cherry Oh Baby
8.Angie
9.Wild Horses
Disc Three
1.That´s Life
2.Outta Space
3.Brown Sugar
4:Midnight Rambler
5.Rip This Joint
6.Sreet Fighting Man
7.Jumping Jack Flash
8.Sympathy For The Devil

Two songs from Capital Center Arena, Largo, Washington, July 2nd is out on CD.
It´s Only Rock´n Roll and Heartbreaker. Both can be found on WE HOPE YOU-
LIKE DIS ONE and in THE MISSING JEWELS BOX the sound quality is not
the best and neither is the performance (G).

From the LA Forum 7.9-13 shows we have many different releases and every show
is out on CD, and all, except the 7.12 show, can be found in its entirety. The 7.9 show can be
found in the great box set WHORES, COCAINE AND A BOTTLE OF JACK-
Empress Valley, Supreme Disc , and LA FOG, VGP-277, both of excellent quality. LA FOG has a bonus track, the embryo of Start Me Up called Never Stop. The 7.9 show was one of the absolute best on this tour, with highlights as Wild Horses, Brown Sugar and Midnight Rambler. And we shall not forget Sympathy For The Devil that made it on the LOVE YOU LIVE album, but here we get the complete version! The only drawback is the mix, with Ron´s guitar getting a bit weak, we can hardly hear his great guitar work in the background. All the LA. Forum shows has an identical set list so I just write it once.

2.Honky Tonk Women
3.All Down The Line
4.If You Can´t Rock Me/Get Off Of My Cloud 7/13 *
5.Star Star
6.Gimme Shelter 7/13 *
7.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
8.You Gotta Move
9.You Can´t Always Get What You Want 7/12 *
10.Tumbling Dice
11.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
12.Band Introductions
13.Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) 7/10 * Complete L.A. Friday Tapes
Disc Two
1.Fingerprint File
2.Angie
3.Wild Horses
4.That´s Life
5.Outta Space
6.Brown Sugar
7.Midnight Rambler
8.Rip This Joint
9.Street Fighting Man
10.Jumping Jack Flash
11.Sympathy For The Devil 7/9 *

A complete release of the 7.10 show is out as 1975 NERVOUS BREAKDOWN, VGP-302
a not too good recording (G) of a great show including a fantastic version of Heartbreaker.
A few songs from a much better tape exists on several LA ´75 compilations together with
recordings from the 7.13 show. I will give you the name of all of them that I know about.
1975 TOUR OF THE AMERICAS (Part 1) Dragoman/Sunbird DCD-003 re released
with the serial number Dragoman DCD-003 Mick Lip Discs Impact CD-001,
CHARLIE WATTS AND HIS FABULOUS ROLLING STONES (Tour Of The Americas- Part 2) Dragoman/Sunbird DCD-007 re released as Dragoman DCD-007/Charlie Lip Disc- Impact CD-002 and Dragoman DCD-007/J010. We have also from VGP
1975 TOUR OF THE AMERICAS (Part One And Two) VGP-284
@#$%&, Flashback. 04.90.0119 and finally the best of them
THE COMPLETE LA FRIDAY TAPES, Dandelion, DL 036/039, read later about this box.

The 7.11 show can be found in excellent mono soundboard quality on a few releases,
but only one complete with the right track succession L.A. CONNECTION, VGP-085.
This show was not at all of the same quality as the other LA. FORUM concerts.
And the mix on this video soundboard is not too funny, the drums and vocals sounds
great, but the guitars is way too low. Other releases from the soundboard tape is
ROCKING AT THE FORUM, Big Music, BIG 044,45 and
LIVE AT L.A. FORUM 1975, Dr.Gig, DGCD-001. An incomplete audience tape
ending with a faded Happy can be found in the WHORES, COCAINE AND A BOTTLE-
OF JACK box, this tape is of almost excellent quality, but can´t save the bad gig .
Guest appearances from Steve Madaio, Bobby Keys and Trevor Lawrence on a few songs. And The Steel Association on Sympathy For The Devil.
Great solo from Trevor Lawrence on You Can´t Always Get What You Want.

From the 7.12 we have the incomplete show in the WHORES, COCAINE AND-
A BOTTLE OF JACK box, Empress Valley tried to cheat us and they completed the 7.12 show with the second 7.13 tape spliced together during Fingerprint File. The 7.12 part is of excellent quality and so is the performance, most memorable
is Ronnie Woods and Trevor Lawrence fantastic solos on You Can´t Always Get What You- Want. Same guests as the 7.11 show. One song All Down The Line can be found as a bonus track on the Exile release SHAKE IT UP, PLAY IT ROUGH, , EXCD-007/008.

The most famous of all ´75 releases is the so called LA Friday show, the title comes
from an old LP. Two different tapes exists from this show both of fantastic quality,
the title is misleading as the actual date 7.13.75 not was a Friday! It was a Sunday.
The first complete release was L.A. Friday 1975, VGP-082, re-released as
Who Went To Church This Sunday with the same serial number and still using the L.A. Friday discs. The Dandelion release THE COMPLETE LA FRIDAY TAPES- DL 036-039 contains both this recording as well as the other tape where they have put in six songs from the 7.10 show, Star Star, You Can´t Always Get What You Want, Doo Doo Doo Doo( Heartbreaker), Fingerprint File, Angie and Brown Sugar.
I really can´t see the meaning with this release as the first tape is clearer. But Dandelions
remastering is great and it sounds fantastic. The absolutely best release from this first tape I have heard can be found in the WHORES, COCAINE AND A BOTTLE OF JACK BOX. This box even contains a DVD that has silent private film sequences from all shows with dubbed music on it. Another great release from this tape is “L.A. FORUM 75” –
Idol Mind Productions, IMP-CD-026/27 missing Outta Space and IF YOU CAN`T ROCK- ME, Stones Of Fire (SOF 8005) missing both Billy´s songs. We have also Silver Rarities
two CDs I NEVER TALKED TO CHUCK BERRY (Part 1) I.C.PA2027 and
I NEVER TALKED TO CHUCK BERRY (Part 2) I.C.PA2035 those two CDs don’t make
the full concert but the second disc contains bonus tracks from June 25 and 27. We have also
all the compilations I wrote of earlier during the 7.10 part. Ok! What about the music?
I must say that this is one of my absolute favourite bootlegs with so much fantastic music! Just listen to the great versions of If You Can´t Rock Me/Get Off Of My Cloud, and
Gimme Shelter, the best version ever since Mick Taylor left and until now. Thank you Ron!
At this show we have the same guest appearances as the two previous, and on Sympathy For- The Devil we can hear Jesse Ed Davies on guitar. When the Rolling Stones tour was over and The Faces started their farewell tour they hired him as a second guitar player!

Two more Californian shows was played, at The Cow Palace, San Francisco 7.15and 7.16.
Both on a few releases with almost excellent sound quality. The first show has been released as TOUR OF THE AMERICAS 75, Digger Production DP 9301/9302. And on two separate discs as IT`S ONLY ROCK`N ROLL, VGP-036 and VGP-037 later re-released and remastered as a double CD with the same title and the serial number VGP-036/37. This show can also be found as THE ROCK´N` ROLL SHOW, Stones Of Fire, SOOF 8003. Not of the same sound quality as VGP´s remastered version but also a good buy. This version is also in the box set of both Cow Palace shows THE ROCK`N` ROLL SHOW NEVER ENDS, Stones Of Fire, SOF 8003-8004. Even Idol Mind made a version called THE COMPLETE- COW PALACE TAPES, Idol Mind IMP-CD 045-048, the title is misleading as it´s missing the Fanfare For The Common Man show intro. The 7.15 show was not one of the best with a total lack of intensity and thin sounding guitars. We can find a few track variations, with the second disc beginning with either IORR or Heartbreaker.

2.Honky Tonk Women
3.All Down The Line
5.Star Star
6.Gimme Shelter
7.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
8.You Gotta Move
10.Happy
11.Tumbling Dice
Disc Two
1.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
2.Doo Doo Doo Doo(Heartbreaker)
3.Fingerprint File
4.Angie
5.Wild Horses
6.That´s Life
7.Outta Space
8.Brown Sugar
9:Midnight Rambler
10.Rip This Joint
11.Street Fighting Man
12.Jumping Jack Flash

The second gig at the Cow Palace 7.16 was a much better performance than the day before,
But none of the S.F. shows was close to the best from L.A. This show can be found in
the two boxes I wrote of earlier during the 7.15 part. THE COMPLETE COW PALACE-
TAPES from Idol Mind, and THE ROCK´N´ ROLL SHOW NEVER ENDS,
from Stones Of Fire. And separately as NEVER END, Stones Of Fire, SOF 8004. The 7.16 show is of almost as good sound quality as the7.15 show but not really.

2.Honky Tonk Women
3.All Down The Line
5.Star Star
6.Gimme Shelter
7.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
8.You Gotta Move
10.Happy
11.Tumbling Dice
Disc Two
1.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
2.Fingerprint File
3.Wild Horses
4.That´s Life
5.Outta Space
6.Brown Sugar
7.Midnight Rambler
8.Rip This Joint
9.Street Fighting Man
10.Jumping Jack Flash

On July 18th The Rolling Stones performed at Seattle Coliseum, it is one of the absolute best shows we can find from this tour (maybe one of the best ever). Right from the start the
show is an total explosion and almost every song is played with an breathtaking intensity.
Just listen to Gimme Shelter, Happy (Ron´s great slide guitar) and the amazing end,
beginning with a stunning version of Brown Sugar, a marvellous Midnight Rambler
with a guitar interaction that is totally fantastic. And the Rip This Joint, Street Fighting Man,
and Jumping Jack Flash medley that ends the show is a killer. This show can be found in the
box TOUR OF THE AMERICAS´75, RS 07-08, VG-. The sound is quite good but not perfect. The set list on the cover is incorrect Street Fighting Man is missing.

2.Honky Tonk Women
3.If You Can´t Rock Me/Get Off Of My Cloud
4.Star Star
5.Gimme Shelter *
6.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
7.You Gotta Move
9.Happy *
10.Tumbling Dice
11.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
Disc Two
1.Band Introductions
2.Fingerprint File
3.Wild Horses
4.That´s Life
5.Brown Sugar
6.Midnight Rambler
7.Rip This Joint *
8.Street Fighting Man *
9.Jumping Jack Flash *

The day after on July 19th, they performed another great show at the Hughes Stadium,
Fort Collins, Colorado. This was the show when Elton John joined them on stage.
Elton refused to leave the stage after the first number ( HTW) the only song he know!
And continued playing odd chords here and there, Stu could´nt get to the piano so he
was not playing at this show, just Reg from Watford, as Mick introduced Elton.
they must have turned his amp down as it´s hard to hear him after Honky Tonk Women. This is a great up front recording and the sound quality is great on all releases, but best on Coast to Coast, CUT THE CRAP And most of the intros, C2C 19, (VG+) , VGP copied this great Cdr and released it as MORE ROCK FROM ELTON, VGP-275, they also added three bonus tracks, Rocks Off, Dance Little Sister, and Luxury from Baton Rouge June 1st . The first release from this show was “ I´M WORKING SO HARD” (To keep you in LUXURY”) Black Light BL 2002/2003 Also with three bonus tracks but here we get Sure The One You Need, Luxury and Heartbreaker from Milwaukee June 8th (They say the 6th on the cover). This release have not the full rich sound as the two others but is also very good. The drawback we can find on all three are the cuts on most of the intros as well are most of Mick´s talking in between the songs missing. The show was almost as good as the day before and here we got one the best versions of Midnight Rambler.

1.Honky Tonk Women *
2.All Down The Line
4.Star Star
5.Gimme Shelter
6.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
7.You Gotta Move
9.Happy
10.Tumbling Dice
11.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
12.Band Introductions
13.Fingerprint File
14.Wild Horses
Disc Two
1.That´s Life
2.Outta Space
3.Brown Sugar
4.Midnight Rambler *
5.Rip This Joint
6.Street Fighting Man
7.Jumping Jack Flash

The next two shows were held at the Chicago Stadium, Illinois July 23rd and 24th .
Both of them is out on CD, the first show is incomplete (the second half from Fingerprint- File and to the end). And can be found as AMERICAN COMPENDIUM, VGP-126, ( B, G)
This is a bad recording but the performance is OK.

1.Fingerprint File
2.Wild Horses
3.That´s Life
4.Outta Space
5.Brown Sugar
6.Midnight Rambler
7.Rip This Joint
8.Street Fighting Man
9.Jumping Jack Flash

The second Chicago show has been released as SAD SONGS IS ALL I KNOW, VGP-262
and slightly better on Cdr as TOO BUSY WORKING, C2C 16, (VG-). The first half of
the show is a bit muddy sound wise especially Ron´s guitar is hard to hear but the sound
improves at the second CD. The show was great and they performed a few great versions
just listen to Wild Horses, Brown Sugar and Midnight Rambler. Mick also sung a few words from Otis Redding´s Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Sad Songs Is All I Know.

2.Honky Tonk Woman
3.All Down The Line
5.Star Star
6.Gimme Shelter
7.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
8.You Gotta Move
10.Happy
11.Tumbling Dice.
12.It´s Only Rock n´ Roll
13.Band Introductions
14.Fingerprint File
Disc Two
1.Sad Songs Is All I Know
2.Wild Horses
3.That´s Life
4.Outta Space
5.Brown Sugar
6.Midnight Rambler
7.Rip This Joint
8.Street Fighting Man
9.Jumping Jack Flash

On July 28th The Stones played at the Cobo Hall, Detroit, Michigan. A quite ordinary show
with no direct highlights, from this show we can find several releases from an incomplete mono soundboard tape, this is not one of my favourites, with too much compression and
quite some hiss. The best release is DETROIT ROCK CITY, Stone Crazy SC 003-2, (VG-) re-released with a cardboard case and the same serial number, we can also find it in the same quality in Rattlesnakes THE MISSING JEWELS RS 025/026 , two releases are of less good quality, ROCK´N ROLL GOES ON THE ROAD AGAIN, Hot Lips, HLR-RS006-007. This one contains five songs from M.S.G. June 27th . And HEAR THE WHISTLE BLOWIN- VGP-268, this one have nine songs in sound board quality from Frankfurt 04 29 76

1.Honky Tonk Women
2.All Down The Line
4.Star Star
5.Gimme Shelter
6.Aint Too Proud To Beg
7.You Gotta Move
Disc Two
1.Happy
2.Tumbling Dice
3.It´s Only Rock n´ Roll
4.Fingerprint File
5.Wild Horses
6.That´s Life
7.Outta Space
8.Brown Sugar

The last ordinary North American gig was held at Gator Bowl, Jacksonville, Florida, august 2nd, but as the South American leg, sixteen shows in Mexico, Brazil and Venezuela
was cancelled the band decided to ad four more U.S. shows. The Jacksonville show was
a good performance and the band gave us amazing versions of a few songs Wild Horses –
great solo and fills from Woody, and listen to the heavy versions of Midnight Rambler and
Jumping Jack Flash. The only release from this show I know about is A TOUR DE FORCE-
VGP-137 (G/VG) a mediocre recording that also miss Billy Prestons two songs. The show
intro, Fanfare For The Common Man, Honky Tonk Women and Jumping Jack Flash*
can be found as bonus tracks on ANY PORT IN THE STORM REVISITED, VGP-308
and now with better sound quality, notable is that the Fanfare For The Common Man
is missing on the A TOUR DE FORCE CD.

1.Honky Tonk Women
2.All Down The Line
4.Star Star
5.Gimme Shelter
6.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
7.You Gotta Move
9.Happy
Disc Two
1.Tumbling Dice
2.Its Only Rock´n Roll
3.Band Introductions
4.Fingerprint File
5.Wild Horses *
6.Brown Sugar
7.Midnight Rambler
8.Rip This Joint
9.Street Fighting Man
10.Jumping Jack Flash

From the first added U.S show only It´s Only Rock´n Roll and the band introductions
can be found on CD and again as bonus tracks on the ANY PORT IN THE STORM-
REVISITED CD, the sound is distant and bass heavy. Two complete shows from the added
gigs is out on CD, on August 6th they played at the Coliseum, Hampton Roads, Virginia.
The only release we can find from this show is ONE BEFORE THE LAST, EXCD-005/6 G-
a distant recording that sounds like it was taped inside a can, its really hard to give any
comments from the highlights of this show but I think it was as good as we can expect at the
end of a tour.

1.Honky Tonk Women
2.All Down The Line
4.Star Star
5.Gimme Shelter
6.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
7.You Gotta Move
9.Happy
10.Tumbling Dice
11.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
Disc Two
1.Band Introductions
2.Fingerprint File
3.Wild Horses
4.That´s Life
5.Outta Space
6.Brown Sugar
7.Midnight Rambler
8.Rip This Joint
9.Street Fighting Man
10.Jumping Jack Flash

For the last show august 8th The Stones returned to Buffalo for an outdoor show at
the Rich Stadium. Its clear that the party begun before the show! When I listen
to this show I don´t know if I shall laugh or cry as Mick seemed to be more ready
for the party than the show, but during the show he is straighten up so from the
middle of the show he sings Ok but not perfect. I can´t say that this gig had any
special highlights but once again Mick sung a few lines from Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa-
Sad Songs Is All I Know. From this show we have SAD SONGS IS ALL I KNOW,
Morganfield MG-005 1/2 an incomplete release missing You Can´t Always Get-
What You Want, And GOODNIGHT AMERICA, VGP-239 (VG-) this one is complete
and is taken from the original master with better sound quality.

1.Honky Tonk Women
2.All Down The Line
4.Star Star
5.Gimme Shelter
6.Ain´t Too Proud To Beg
7.You Gotta Move
9.Happy
10.Tumbling Dice
11.It´s Only Rock´n Roll
Disc Two
1.Fingerprint File
2.Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Sad Songs Is All I Know
3.Wild Horses
4.That´s Life
5.Outta Space
6.Brown Sugar
7.Midnight Rambler
8.Rip This Joint
9.Street Fighting Man
10.Jumping Jack Flash

At last I will give you my personal favourites that I think is musts in everyone’s ´75
collection. I will not rank them, just give them in alphabetical order.

CUT THE CRAP…, C2C 19, Fort Collins 7/19/75
HEARTBREAKERS IN BUFFALO, VGP-028 , Buffalo 6/15/75
HOLD ON TIGHT, VGP-255, NEW YORK 6/27/75
LUXURY IN TORONTO, VGP-267
SEATTLE JULY 18, ´75, RS 07-08
THE COMPLETE LA FRIDAY TAPES, Dandelion DL 036/039

For the research I have used my own Ulf Kjellströms and Thomas Runnakkos collections.
And my own memory as I have been collecting Stones bootlegs for more than 25 years.
And of course the great bootleg list on the IOOR site to find missing CDs.

Tommy Brun

Chris from Belgium

Re: " The Lost Millard Masters (6CD) " on wetransfer (valid until November 27th)
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: November 20, 2014 22:24

dcba
The Rolling Stones

" The Lost Millard Masters (6CD) "

Great Western Forum, Inglewood, CA.
July 11,12,13, 1975

Label: Vinyl Gang Product

[electricladyland.synology.me]

Also availabel at Stonesvault

VGP-340 1975.07.11-12-13 L.A. The Lost Millard Masters part 1.rar [www.filefactory.com]
VGP-340 1975.07.11-12-13 L.A. The Lost Millard Masters part 2.rar [www.filefactory.com]
VGP-340 1975.07.11-12-13 L.A. The Lost Millard Masters part 3.rar [www.filefactory.com]
VGP-340 1975.07.11-12-13 L.A. The Lost Millard Masters part 4.rar [www.filefactory.com]
VGP-340 1975.07.11-12-13 L.A. The Lost Millard Masters part 5.rar [www.filefactory.com]
VGP-340 1975.07.11-12-13 L.A. The Lost Millard Masters part 6.rar [www.filefactory.com]
VGP-340 1975.07.11-12-13 L.A. The Lost Millard Masters part 7.rar [www.filefactory.com]
VGP-340 1975.07.11-12-13 L.A. The Lost Millard Masters part 8.rar [www.filefactory.com]

As RankStranger points:
Maybe some dates need to be corrected ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-20 22:25 by stonesmuziekfan.

Re: " The Lost Millard Masters (6CD) " on wetransfer (valid until November 27th)
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 20, 2014 23:04

GREAT GREAT post, thx a lot!
You'll see a beautifully alive Keith on July 12... and a comatose riff-meister on July 11 (aka the day that shouldn't have been filmed)! grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1656
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home